login

Author Topic: DVD Cover  (Read 24112 times)

Offline tgeorgic

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
Re: DVD Cover
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:26 AM »
looking good, i knew you would be able to pull it off.  :)

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 09:51:50 AM »
Mr. Torso -

Really enjoy your covers. Can't wait to add this one to my shelf   :)
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »
Mr. Torso -

Really enjoy your covers. Can't wait to add this one to my shelf   :)

Should be soon. I am finally getting back in the groove after the holidays and making the long as drive to the live show!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »
Really enjoy your covers. Can't wait to add this one to my shelf

Subtle...  ;)

Seriously though, i noticed that mst3kdvdcovers.com has quite a few MST3K covers (go figure~)... but nowhere near a complete collection. I guess they're not even being done by season or anything either, they seem really random. Which is cool... they look awesome, but does anyone know where i can get a grip of ready-made MST3K covers online for free?

The seasons that i already own have been sitting in paper sleeves for years now. I'd like to get something to make them look nice and uniform while sitting on my shelf... and if they were made for those thin cases, that would be a huge plus!

-Rude

PS- Anyone still doing trades?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »
There is this one:

http://www.dq5studios.com/mst3k/

But it is the same thing just random episodes of whichever episode the cover artist wanted to make. They haven't updated the site in a long time though.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:41:59 AM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline DarkFlounder

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:48 AM »

Subtle...  ;)

Seriously though, i noticed that mst3kdvdcovers.com has quite a few MST3K covers (go figure~)... but nowhere near a complete collection. I guess they're not even being done by season or anything either, they seem really random. Which is cool... they look awesome, but does anyone know where i can get a grip of ready-made MST3K covers online for free?

The seasons that i already own have been sitting in paper sleeves for years now. I'd like to get something to make them look nice and uniform while sitting on my shelf... and if they were made for those thin cases, that would be a huge plus!

-Rude

Unfortunately, yes, the order I've been doing MST3k covers is pretty random.  I try to get a hold of the unMST'd movie (for a better cover shot), and since a lot of these movies are very obscure, it can take a while.

I've been unable to do any new covers in quite a while.  Deaths in the family, the holidays, and moving to the bay area for a new job have seriously eaten into my available time.

But as things calm down, I'll be working on some new covers.  My goal is covers for every episode, Rhino release, DAP release, or otherwise.  I've also got a dream of shelves and shelves of MST3k, with each cover lovingly custom made and not just stamped out in the great Photo-sweat-shops by 9 year olds.

And there's nothing stopping you from downloading the template, making your own cover, and uploading it.  ;D
MST3kDVDCovers.com - because if something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 05:42:17 AM »
I got started, then I got World of Warcraft.

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »
Unfortunately, yes, the order I've been doing MST3k covers is pretty random.  I try to get a hold of the unMST'd movie (for a better cover shot), and since a lot of these movies are very obscure, it can take a while.

I keep forgetting that you actually run that website! Sorry for talking aboutcha' like you're not around~  ;D

Anyway, i took a look at that do-it-yourself guide... Man, you do alot of work to make those things look good. I suppose once you get in the rhythm it gets a little easier to crank those things out in Photoshop. But, i think my brain would fall out if i had to sit through all the way through some of those movies just to get a decent screen capture for a cover shot. You deserve a pat on the back, my man!

Maybe i'll take a shot at creating one or two myself sometime.
Either way... thanx a million for hosting that site, it's really great!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »
Finally finished! Darkflounder will have have it up on his site soon.

www.mst3kdvdcovers.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
huzzah!

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »

-Rude

Offline DarkFlounder

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
The Nestor cover is up.  Huzzah!

And thankfully, that whole "WIZARD" thing never caught on.

Offline Red Tape

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 10:13:52 PM »
Here is my LightScribe friendly Nestor label.

A full size version is available now at http://www.mst3kdvdcovers.com

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:31:58 AM by Red Tape »

Offline DarkFlounder

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
A full size version should be up later at mst3kdvdcovers.com.

It's now posted to mst3kdvdcovers.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:37 AM »

Subtle...  ;)

-Rude

I used to have about a hundred or so covers that I had made, but my old computer had a nice little melt down, so I only have 20 or so still on my hard drive.   They are not thinpak, but if want to PM me, I can tell you what I have and you can have any you like.