login

Author Topic: QuipTracks: The Happening - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 13812 times)

Invader_quirk

Re: QuipTracks: The Happening - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
I agree with Greg McDuck in that the writing was terrible, and that the actors did their best with it.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:43 PM »
PROGRESS REPORT #2 - "The Happening" riffed with Quiptracks

After second viewing, I think even worse of this film. Quiptracks did a good job pointing out a lot of little things I didn't catch on the first time (like the rather large number of train conductors, or the fact that a tiny hole in the roof is the least of your concerns when you're in a Jeep). I can easily call this the worse Shyamlan movie to date.

In direct converse, I can easily call this the best Quiptracks to date! In fact, this is better then the majority of the Rifftraxs out there! You guys are funny as hell and you have an amazing spirit in these projects I just love. "The fair is in town" bit had me laughing for ten minutes solid, and I don't think I ever stopped giggling. Highlights for me:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's only scratching the surface. Seriously, guys, two thumbs up! Four star! Here's your riffing Oscar!

EVERYBODY, GO BUY THIS QUIPTRACK NOW!!!

Mike and Co are gonna have to work their asses off to get close to this!

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
PROGRESS REPORT #3 - "The Happening" riffed with Rifftrax

I know this film line-for-line now! No fact has made me sadder!

Alrighty, so the Rifftrax version, eh, pretty standard stuff. Rifftrax doesn't surprise me as much as it used to, and this seemed like punching the clock for them. A lot of their effort seems to be cramming as many celebrities and pop culture references as they can into a riff. Besides how weak wind is as a bad guy, they never really dig into the movie. There were a few good moments, but not enough to make it stand out.

Fun, but I won't be listening to it again. The Quiptrack, however, I'll probably watch once a month or so.  :)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »
I'm planning on doing the back to back viewings as well when I have time later this week.  I'll probably watch the Rifftrax version first just to do the opposite of Greg.    Great sample clip by the way.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6692
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »
Good to see you survived, Greg.
PROGRESS REPORT #1 - "The Happening" unriffed

My first time with The Happening. You know, I was expecting some godawful work at Battlefield Earth levels, the way people were talking off to it. Oh, it's a bad movie, but not nearly the worst thing I've ever seen. If anything, I enjoyed the visuals work, which has always been Shyamlan's strong point. The plot, blah. The acting... well, I don't think the acting in itself was bad. I'd credit the sissy Wahlberg lines and disjointed nothings on the screenplay.

Let's see what two more viewings do to me.

Really? I thought this was even worse that crap like Battlefield Earth and Batman and Robin, because at least those have things happening on screen (note the irony here). This was an hour and a half of slow talking and closeups that were WAY too close up. This was boring bad, as apposed to goofy bad.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »
Good to see you survived, Greg.
PROGRESS REPORT #1 - "The Happening" unriffed

My first time with The Happening. You know, I was expecting some godawful work at Battlefield Earth levels, the way people were talking off to it. Oh, it's a bad movie, but not nearly the worst thing I've ever seen. If anything, I enjoyed the visuals work, which has always been Shyamlan's strong point. The plot, blah. The acting... well, I don't think the acting in itself was bad. I'd credit the sissy Wahlberg lines and disjointed nothings on the screenplay.

Let's see what two more viewings do to me.

Really? I thought this was even worse that crap like Battlefield Earth and Batman and Robin, because at least those have things happening on screen (note the irony here). This was an hour and a half of slow talking and closeups that were WAY too close up. This was boring bad, as apposed to goofy bad.

At least it's short? And, in contrast to Battlefield Earth, it has more than one color...

Invader_quirk

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:59 AM »
At least it's short? And, in contrast to Battlefield Earth, it has more than one color...

It also has transitions other than circle wipes.

Offline CoragaleGoB

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • More powerful than your average grapefruit
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »
[Wahlberg] Hey Wind....how you doin'?  I'm starring in Max Payne this weekend.  We should go see it together....what da'ya think?  Ok, then.  Say hi to your mother for me. [/Wahlberg]

I enjoy this.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
Well, we've had a decent number of downloads, but not much feedback...

If you've seen this, PLEASE let us know what you thought, even if you think it sucked!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »
I laughed quite a bit while I was keeping an eye on my reauthor, I haven't watched it all the way through though.

Offline N.E.S. TOR

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Oh yeah, it's on!
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »
Well, we've had a decent number of downloads, but not much feedback...

If you've seen this, PLEASE let us know what you thought, even if you think it sucked!

You mean here or on your website?

If here: I write it now.

Quiptracks is not Rifftrax. They are different from Rifftrax in the sense the Spongebob is not Mickey. The goals are the same but the style is completely different. Quiptracks holds some sort of fantasy feeling to it and often think of the unexpected. They are funny in their own why and stray far from the usual making them unique. They even use a different synching method than Mike and the guys. Hopefully, Quiptracks will soon be widely known and very appreciated. As for the riff of "The Happening", Tristian and Tracy have filled the film will non-stop laughs, making sure every joke would at least give you a chuckle.
Nestor vs. Ollie picture created and copyright "Trumpysgirl"

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »

Both, I guess. On the site is more important though.

And thanks.

Offline N.E.S. TOR

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Oh yeah, it's on!
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2008, 09:14:06 AM »

And thanks.

Your welcome.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »

And thanks.

Your welcome.

Group hug on 3.  1.......2..........................................................................................
On timeout

Offline N.E.S. TOR

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Oh yeah, it's on!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
3! Ahh