login

Author Topic: Original?  (Read 10725 times)

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
    • PsypherPunk
Original?
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the original (san-Rifftrax) video? I can't seem to find it over at archive.org.

Cheers.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: Original?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »
I've only seen it on a DVD from Prellinger. That is where I first saw it. Look for it on the DVD set Patriotism.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »
That's where we got it from. Unfortunately we ran into tons of issues using video from the web, so we decided to work from higher quality sources this time around.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
So I take it down and Out was from a Job Safety DVD by the Prellinger Archives?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:17:01 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Here are our sources:
http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Archives-School-Locker-DVD/dp/B000654ZFA/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b
http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Archives-Limited-Lunchbox-DVD/dp/B0001XAM9U/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

This one came from the Patriotism DVD in the Locker set.

Edit: They have the individual discs available as well:
Patriotism

Got the Sex Ed one, Patriotism, and Drivers Ed. All the suggestions I made for shorts were from those three DVDs. So if you are using those, then looks like I'll be very happy this month with those shorts.

God I hope Mike and the guys do the Jimmy Stewart short Tomorrow's Drivers. High-larious!

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »
A Jimmy Stewart short???? What's it about? With a title like that, could be anything from driver's ed to NASCAR.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 01:09:11 PM »
A Jimmy Stewart short???? What's it about? With a title like that, could be anything from driver's ed to NASCAR.

Basically it is footage of little kids (kindergarten/1st grade) driving around in tiny little cars. They need to follow proper driving rules or they get citations and loose driving privileges. Jimmy Stewart narrates in his typical sleepy drawl.

watch it here..

and see others I suggested that come from the videos they have here

Action Batch

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
Here are our sources:
http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Archives-School-Locker-DVD/dp/B000654ZFA/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b
http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Archives-Limited-Lunchbox-DVD/dp/B0001XAM9U/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

This one came from the Patriotism DVD in the Locker set.

Edit: They have the individual discs available as well:
Patriotism

So these box sets contain a bunch of shorts, most of which comprise the "Eat our Shorts" promotion?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »

So these box sets contain a bunch of shorts, most of which comprise the "Eat our Shorts" promotion?

Correct, and all of the "Eat Our Shorts" month shorts come from discs from those sets.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Action Batch

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »

Correct, and all of the "Eat Our Shorts" month shorts come from discs from those sets.

Thanks buddy! Credit card, we got a date with Amazon.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »

Basically it is footage of little kids (kindergarten/1st grade) driving around in tiny little cars. They need to follow proper driving rules or they get citations and loose driving privileges. Jimmy Stewart narrates in his typical sleepy drawl.

watch it here..

and see others I suggested that come from the videos they have here

Awww, for cute. I love me some Jimmy.  ;D
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Action Batch

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »
Awww, for cute. I love me some Jimmy.  ;D

You can't say that on television!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »

Thanks buddy! Credit card, we got a date with Amazon.

It might seem that for July we're using one or two discs a lot...but be assured that the DVD's will come in handy in the future as we have a lot of material to choose from on them, and since you guys lika a da shorts I, personally off the record, don't see why the guys would stop doing them.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »
Thrash you made my day. God I hope you take my list from the suggestion forum and do most of those. They kill me.

PS you really need to Red Nightmare short just to tease the Red Dawn folks.