login

Author Topic: Re-Authoring Issues  (Read 3486 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 857
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re-Authoring Issues
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »
Using the Quad version of Alien I believe the disc utilizes "seamless branching". DVD Decrypter rips it just fine but upon viewing the m2v file there were artifacts and hiccups and the audio (with no delay) was out of sync. Just giving a heads up to check your rips before you spend to much time on it.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
Re: Re-Authoring Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 04:07:36 AM »
I ripped the Quadrilogy Director's Cut stream with DVD Decryptor in IFO mode, and the m2v file looks fine. The audio is about a half second behind, but that's easily fixed.

But when I originally tried to rip the Theatrical Cut stream from the same disc, DVD Decryptor didn't get very far before it failed with I/O errors.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 857
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
I ripped the Quadrilogy Director's Cut stream with DVD Decryptor in IFO mode, and the m2v file looks fine. The audio is about a half second behind, but that's easily fixed.

But when I originally tried to rip the Theatrical Cut stream from the same disc, DVD Decryptor didn't get very far before it failed with I/O errors.

I got one gltich that I know about at the 1:15 mark. It pixelates and stutters and throws the audio off. My new rip of the shrinked version I did is better with no glitches and the audio is fine.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »
I tried the 20th Anniversary Edition was good for the first two sync lines, then everything went downhill after that.

The rental store had the quad version, so I think I'll go back and get that one instead.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »
Guys...

I just ripped the Directors cut from the "Quad" version. I used RipIt4Me as usual and I had no issues.
It was in perfect sync and no video artifacts.
I don't know if you're experiencing issues because of some weird copy protection? But RipIt4Me worked fine.

Offline Kalle

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • What is the Riddle of Steel?
    • Valley of the Crescent Moon
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
Yeah, when I ripped it from the PAL two-disc version, I had to go through some extra hoops (besides changing the speed of the RiffTrax) because mencoder kept ripping the "director's comments" version (which is apparently a shorter version of the director's cut) unless I explicitly told it to use the movie audio (-aid 128, if anyone's interested). Usually, I first rip the audio, mix that with the rifftrax, then mux the resulting audio mix with the DVD video as I rip it. In this case I had to rip the video and mux in the audio in separate stages. That done, though, I had no problems.
Our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand: Humankind is simply materialised colour operating on the 49th vibration. You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store.