login

Author Topic: NEW ICP Unappreciation thread  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Thorns of Crimson Death

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
NEW ICP Unappreciation thread
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »
OK so I might have crossed the line with the last one.  I was just trying to point out how "Juggalo's" are, without a doubt, the dumbest people on the planet.

If I personally offended anybody with the initial post, well, I can't say I'm sorry.  I'm not a liar and don't plan on starting any time soon.  All I did was post the majority of a thread from another forum that highlighted a certain taboo incident.

So, with that being said, all I'm going to say right of the bat for now is that ICP is the WORST musical act I have ever heard.  I say this knowing enough about them and I'm not judging them by just their wack gimmick alone.  I've listened to enough of the so-called "music" to understand that it's complete shit so I'm basing my opinion on an educated understanding of them and the majority of their catalog.  So I'm not just blindly bashing them, I've listened to them on my own time and had to be subjected to it as well as "Twiztid" enough times to want to kill the nearest living thing.  I gave them my attention with an open mind but the only thing they accomplished for me is being dubbed THE WORST GROUP EVER.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:05:30 PM by Thorns of Crimson Death »
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: NEW ICP Unappreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »
I would take these guys at full volume 24-7 over 1 ICP song:

[yt=425,350]NXYnvXavpDg[/yt]

Sometimes I do miss Miami....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:41:05 PM »
WOW.  That was god-awful and yet I still agree with you that I'd much rather listen to that than ICP.  Thanks for giving some feedback  :clap:
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:38:40 AM »
OK so I might have crossed the line with the last one.  I was just trying to point out how "Juggalo's" are, without a doubt, the dumbest people on the planet.

If I personally offended anybody with the initial post, well, I can't say I'm sorry.  I'm not a liar and don't plan on starting any time soon.  All I did was post the majority of a thread from another forum that highlighted a certain taboo incident.

So, with that being said, all I'm going to say right of the bat for now is that ICP is the WORST musical act I have ever heard.  I say this knowing enough about them and I'm not judging them by just their wack gimmick alone.  I've listened to enough of the so-called "music" to understand that it's complete shit so I'm basing my opinion on an educated understanding of them and the majority of their catalog.  So I'm not just blindly bashing them, I've listened to them on my own time and had to be subjected to it as well as "Twiztid" enough times to want to kill the nearest living thing.  I gave them my attention with an open mind but the only thing they accomplished for me is being dubbed THE WORST GROUP EVER.

Thorns, what's the point? Wasn't "What are you REALLY listening to now?" enough of a shameless trolling thread?

Do you really have to go on and on and on about how much you hate something? Is there a point that you're trying to make, or are you just really, really bored? I think you probably got rejected by one two many Juggalettes in your lifetime, (Or possibly Juggalos?) so you now blindly rage against the favorite musical act of the women (men?) who rejected you.

I can see people hating ICP. I don't see why they're the "worst". Some may find them irritating, loud, frightening, dumb (their lyrics are a manifestation of their characters, not a representation of the actual performers), or whatever. But, then again, there are people who would listen to and enjoy Captain Beefheart, The Shaggs, Yoko Ono or Wildman Fischer, and others who would run away in terror. The point being, music comes in all shapes and forms. If you don't at least appreciate different types of music, you are not "open-minded". Calling an artist "the worst ever" because they don't conform to some kind of bullshit standard that the mainstream media has set for the world is not being open-minded. It's ignorant.

I'd like to make it a point that I don't think that ICP is the worst musical act, on the basis that:
1): They actually enjoy making the music that they put out.
2): They were able to produce the music that they wanted to make and find a market for it without the help of the mainstream media or trying to make their music more profitable/pop-oriented/softened.
3): They are infinitely more creative and interesting than a lot of mainstream hip hop being recorded today. Their production incorporates musical elements that you would never hear on a mainstream rap track, and their lyrics offer something very different than the likes of "Fiddy".
4): The people that hate ICP and consider them the worst musical act they've ever heard/of all time are usually too dumb to come up with a valid reason for why they hate the group, their fans, and their collaborators. (Respected rappers like Ice-T and Snoop Dogg have collaborated with ICP, by the way. Except that Thorns now hates both.)

Additionally, while the magazine Blender lists the band as their absolute worst, they also offer these highly questionable choices:

At number 50, IRON BUTTERFLY. I already knew this magazine was a piece of shit when I saw Iron Butterfly listed. They have THE DOORS at number 37, PRIMUS at number 22 (PRIMUS?!?) and OINGO BOINGO at number 16 (this one really pissed me off).

Additionally, Blender takes on easy targets, either artists that were never popular with mainstream music fans to begin with (I.E., David Bowie's short-lived band, TIN MACHINE) or had fallen out of favor with mainstream audiences (I.E., Vanilla Ice, who is now an underground rapper and has more fans than ever, and is producing the best music of his career). The only reason that Insane Clown Posse are listed is because they are an underground group that didn't conform to the standards of the mainstream to make money.

Why was Limp Bizkit not included in the list? Because they were still somewhat popular with mainstream music fans at the time the article was published. Soulja Boy was not around yet, but he would not have been included today, because his crappy "crunk" piece of shit has an audience for people who like dancing to irritatingly bad songs about idiots ejaculating onto a bedsheet, and then throwing it onto their back and wearing it as a "Superman" cape. Where is Eminem? Not only is Eminem more annoying than any rapper on the list (in addition to being buddy-buddy with Fred Durst despite faking hatred in a "diss" rap), he ripped off the styles of several underground rappers, including Cage Kennylz, and Esham -- an acknowledged influence of ICP and many other Detroit rappers. The fact that Eminem is responsible for the career of 50 Cent, one of the most shameless glorifications of the "gangsta" lifestyle in recent years makes me hate him even more. Plus, ICP and Esham are actually FROM DETROIT. Eminem is from fuckin' St. Louis!

Blender is jealous of ICP because they want to make music that people like, but they don't have the talent to do anything further than make themselves out to be fake "Gods of Music" and blast anybody for any reason through the sanctuary of their shitty "rock magazine", approved and endorsed by MTV and the major record labels. As Frank Zappa once said, "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." So, why is ICP singled out as the worst musical act you've ever heard? Jealousy? I doubt you've even heard ICP or Twiztid in the first place. Hell, you might even like Twiztid, considering that they are somewhat more accessible to mainstream rap fans like yourself.

I'm going to go start a "Fuck Eminem" thread. I think that'll get more replies.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:25:54 AM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »
I'm not going to even to begin to humor you on that long and silly rant above this.  That would be causing yet another flamewar and childish back-and-forth argumentation that gets nowhere real fast.  I'll just say this to keep it simple

ICP sucks because:

Their content is trite and retarded.  There's a fine line between being creative and being so unimaginative that you have to resort to making up your own culture to somehow give validity to your source material in the first place.  Sure, they made up the clown gimmick.  What a renaissance of the human spirit alright.

If anybody honestly thinks that their stuff is better than a lot of hip-hop that's out there, then you're just listening to the radio and what's on network television.  Or your taste in underground hip-hop is terrible as well.

They could collaborate with John Lennon, Snoop, Ice-T, 2 Pac, Biggie, or whoever the fuck else and it still doesn't make their music any better.  I simply feel bad for the artists who lowered themselves to their level for a quick buck.

They didn't find a market for their music.  They created it, which I give them credit for.

No, really, please, take all the credit for that guys.

It's been well documented that ICP and mainly their fans dislike Eminem.  It's probably because that he's also from Detroit, white, and a rapper but with one key difference.  TALENT.  I'm not much of a fan of Eminem but his skills on the mic are far superior to that of either Violent J or Shaggy or anybody else on Psychopathic.  ICP fans are the one's that are jealous because they realize that they're living in denial and are too proud/stupid to wash off the make-up and grow the fuck up.

Again, I've listened to plenty of ICP.  This is an educated opinion.  They're FUCKING TERRIBLE.  End of story.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 09:52:58 AM »
I would take these guys at full volume 24-7 over 1 ICP song:

[yt=425,350]NXYnvXavpDg[/yt]

Thanks for posting a link to that.. just found another band to investigate further. Judging by the first song I heard on their myspace, they're fans of John Zorn.

P.S. the original ICP thread was hilariously sad. It's amazing that juggalos have the ability to breed further after decades of cross-breeding.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
If you don't at least appreciate different types of music, you are not "open-minded".

That's rich coming from you.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 09:58:55 AM »
If you don't at least appreciate different types of music, you are not "open-minded".

That's rich coming from you.

Blow me.

I'm not going to even to begin to humor you on that long and silly rant above this.  That would be causing yet another flamewar and childish back-and-forth argumentation that gets nowhere real fast.  I'll just say this to keep it simple

ICP sucks because:

Their content is trite and retarded.  There's a fine line between being creative and being so unimaginative that you have to resort to making up your own culture to somehow give validity to your source material in the first place.  Sure, they made up the clown gimmick.  What a renaissance of the human spirit alright.

If anybody honestly thinks that their stuff is better than a lot of hip-hop that's out there, then you're just listening to the radio and what's on network television.  Or your taste in underground hip-hop is terrible as well.

I said mainstream hip hop, you fucking moron.

They could collaborate with John Lennon, Snoop, Ice-T, 2 Pac, Biggie, or whoever the fuck else and it still doesn't make their music any better.  I simply feel bad for the artists who lowered themselves to their level for a quick buck.

Well, that's assuming too much. How do you know that Ice-T and Snoop only appeared on ICP tracks to "make a quick buck"? Did you stop to think that it might have been because they have similar opinions on, say, racism, or the death penalty? ("Dead End", the song Ice-T appears on, is a direct criticism of the latter.) Maybe Snoop and Ice like ICP? Did you ever think of that? ICP are underground rappers. They are not in the mainstream. Appearing on one of their albums isn't lowering oneself to make a "quick buck". Appearing on a Britney Spears album is lowering yourself to make a quick buck. It's possible that, considering that Snoop and Ice are very religious, that aspect of ICP's music appealed to them. You've got to listen to "Walk into Thy Light" and "Thy Unveiling" to understand what ICP are all about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They didn't find a market for their music.  They created it, which I give them credit for.

No, really, please, take all the credit for that guys.

It's been well documented that ICP and mainly their fans dislike Eminem.

Well, their fans sometimes hate Eminem, but sometimes, their fans like Eminem, too. Assuming that all ICP fans dislike Eminem is to assume that all fans of any band think the same way. They don't.

The fued between ICP and Eminem ended. I could give a fuck less that Eminem called ICP "Insane Clown Pussies", or ICP called Eminem "Slim Anus". Whatever! I don't like Eminem because I find his voice irritating and his material highly unoriginal. He doesn't have any talent. ICP and other rappers on Psychopathic Records actually have talent. Anybody Killa has talent. Boondox has talent. Twiztid have talent. Blaze Ya Dead Homie has talent. Eminem? Well, just sample this fine slice of idiocy. And that's just one example of how annoying Eminem is. You want a dozen more?

It's probably because that he's also from Detroit, white, and a rapper but with one key difference.  TALENT.

Not only does Eminem NOT have talent, he is NOT from Detroit. He's from St. Louis. He didn't even LIVE in Detroit.

I'm not much of a fan of Eminem but his skills on the mic are far superior to that of either Violent J or Shaggy or anybody else on Psychopathic.

Eminem does not have "skills on the mic". He ripped off rappers more talented than him. I'm surprised he didn't rip off ICP as well. He obviously knew that they had more talent, considering that he attempted to get them to play at a promotional event without attempting to get their permission beforehand.

ICP fans are the one's that are jealous because they realize that they're living in denial and are too proud/stupid to wash off the make-up and grow the fuck up.

ICP fans are jealous of a guy who ripped off better artists and created a product instead of trying to make original music? Riiiiiight. ::)

Again, I've listened to plenty of ICP.  This is an educated opinion.  They're FUCKING TERRIBLE.  End of story.

I think you've listened to nothing but shitty mainstream rappers, so you don't have a fucking clue about anything beyond what MTV tells you is good. Shut the fuck up.

P.S. the original ICP thread was hilariously sad. It's amazing that juggalos have the ability to breed further after decades of cross-breeding.

It's amazing that you and Thorns are two different people who claim to hate each other, considering that both of you are such close-minded pricks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:52:21 PM by Isaac »

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
Could YOU be a juggalo?

The four main ingredients for being an ICP fan:

1. White
2. Outcast
3. Uneducated
4. Poor

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 10:09:03 AM »
It's amazing that you and Thorns are two different people who claim to hate each other, considering that both of you are such close-minded pricks.

Who said we hated each other? I just think that some of the stuff he listens to is terrible (mainly KILLWHITNEYDEAD), but you don't see me stalking him and posting in every thread he does. Seriously, if you're that much in love with each other go get a room somewhere.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Could YOU be a juggalo?

The four main ingredients for being an ICP fan:

1. White

1. Really? All juggalos are white?

Wow, these people look REALLY white! ::)

Skin color is irrelevant. ICP's music isn't meant for a specific audience based on how pale you are. Juggalos accept everybody.

2. Outcast

2. That's assuming too much. Like presuming that you and Thorns are inbred instead of simply being morons.

3. Uneducated

Dah, dat's right, I so uneducated I don't even know how to use computer, dah dah dah. I can't tell the difference between a mouth and an asshole! Actually, in your case, there isn't a whole lot of difference between those two bodily functions.... :D

4. Poor

4. Spin categorized Juggalos as "chubby suburbanites". Critics can't make up their damn minds. Are ICP fans poor, uneducated white outcasts, or normal teenagers buying into a "trend"? I know, juggalos are extraterrestrial beings from another planet! ::)

Who said we hated each other? I just think that some of the stuff he listens to is terrible (mainly KILLWHITNEYDEAD), but you don't see me stalking him and posting in every thread he does. Seriously, if you're that much in love with each other go get a room somewhere.

I'm not "stalking" him. He bothered to change up from his normal routine of laziness and waiting for the welfare check to start this thread, so I figured I'd offer the response he wants from me, since he apparently started this thread in an attempt to bait me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:38:24 AM by Isaac »

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »
Eminem DOES have mic skills.  I'd like to see him battle any of the clowns that ICP can throw at them and he would DESTROY THEM.

The only mainstream hip-hop I listen to is Wu-Tang, 2 Pac, Biggie, and old school shit.  Everything else is underground: Jedi Mind Tricks, Apathy, Celph Titled, Goretex, Outerspace, 7L and Esoteric, Slaine and too many more for me to list right now.  You assume and assume and assume and have no idea what I listen to.  MTV is destroying real music and I steer clear of it at all costs.

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
Don't flatter yourself either, Isasc.  I didn't start this to "bait" you at  all.  I did so because I knew if I started talking about it again in one of your threads that you'd resort to the final solution of deleting it since you can't stand people being right, and you being wrong.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »
Eminem DOES have mic skills.  I'd like to see him battle any of the clowns that ICP can throw at them and he would DESTROY THEM.

He stole his "skills" from rappers infinitely more talented than him. Just as Limp Bizkit stole their style from bands in the rap-metal genre, Eminem ripped off more talented underground rap, horrorcore and acid rap performers. Eminem has NO skill! His "skill" is to rip-off Esham and Cage Kennylz!

And while ICP can probably freestyle better than Eminem (I have no idea), let's just remember that "free-styling" is not always a representation of how much talent one has. Remember Ice-T: "I got no time on the mic to play." I don't care if a person can quickly improvise "dirty" variations on Dr. Suess books. I'd rather listen to old school rappers or underground rappers than listen to the kind of MTV bullshit that you enjoy.

Don't flatter yourself either, Isasc.  I didn't start this to "bait" you at  all.  I did so because I knew if I started talking about it again in one of your threads that you'd resort to the final solution of deleting it since you can't stand people being right, and you being wrong.

I deleted the "what are you listening to" thread because of too many idiots like you coming in and bitching instead of posting what you were actually listening to, or discussing music. There's a reason that my thread doesn't exist anymore and Torgo's deleting posts that don't have anything to do with music from the new thread. You, Ingrown Asshair, and pop-brat, or whoever that was that complained that everyone's listening to heavy metal instead of whatever he or she defines as "music" (you're all pop-brats, though) killed my thread.

And I've never had a case in which I was wrong, and others were right, but I refused to admit it. I always admit when I'm wrong, but in this case, I am not wrong, and you are not right. Shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:26:56 PM by Isaac »

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »

He stole his "skills" from rappers infinitely more talented than him. Just as Limp Bizkit stole their style from bands in the rap-metal genre, Eminem ripped off more talented underground rap, horrorcore and acid rap performers.

And while ICP can probably freestyle better than Eminem (I have no idea), let's just remember that "free-styling" is not always a representation of how much talent one has. Remember Ice-T: "I got no time on the mic to play." I don't care if a person can quickly improvise "dirty" variations on Dr. Suess books. I'd rather listen to old school rappers or underground rappers than listen to the kind of MTV bullshit that you enjoy.

I deleted the "what are you listening to" thread because of too many idiots like you coming in and bitching instead of posting what you were actually listening to, or discussing music. There's a reason that my thread doesn't exist anymore and Torgo's deleting posts that don't have anything to do with music from the new thread. You, Ingrown Asshair, and pop-brat, or whoever that was that complained that everyone's listening to heavy metal instead of whatever he or she defines as "music" (you're all pop-brats, though) killed my thread.

And I've never had a case in which I was wrong, and others were right, but I refused to admit it. I always admit when I'm wrong, but in this case, I am not wrong, and you are not right. Shut the fuck up.

Again, NO.  I don't watch MTV.  They stopped playing music years ago anyways to start making dime-a-dozen "reality" shows.

And agin, NO.  I'm not wrong, since it's simply a matter of opinion and your opinion simply doesn't matter.  I will NEVER shut the fuck up.

Oh and if I were to use your "logic" then I should delete all your posts in this thread simply because it's called the "ICP Unappreciation thread" and all you've been doing is sucking them off in here.  But I'm going to be the bigger man and leave them here, not be a whiny little bitch like you and just delete anything that I disagree with.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:39:58 AM by Thorns of Crimson Death »