Author Topic: Now available!  (Read 24168 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2619
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Now available!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
I know people are always calling for edited versions of the MP3s, but is it at all possible to get one edited to fit the dvd? I mean, a lot of people are going to be wanting to use that version.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2615
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »
Just got clarification from Kevin, the high-res version (Quicktime) available at http://www.phase2trek.com/home.html is the one that was used in the riffing.

FYI, I just tried the <300mb divx pro avi file and all of "Susan's" lines synced up perfectly, the high compression makes the video a bit fuzzy though.  For those that have slower connections that is another option.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
I know people are always calling for edited versions of the MP3s, but is it at all possible to get one edited to fit the dvd? I mean, a lot of people are going to be wanting to use that version.

I think "a lot" is a bit of an overstatement. Most people probably won't know how to use an ISO file. I'll ask tomorrow if doing one edited for DVD syncing is a possibility, though.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

I'm guessing you are correct, as the ISO of the DVD will probably be a much better quality recording versus the Quicktime MOV. Count me in as one who would like an MP3 synched to the ISO.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »

I think "a lot" is a bit of an overstatement. Most people probably won't know how to use an ISO file. I'll ask tomorrow if doing one edited for DVD syncing is a possibility, though.

I assumed most people watch Rifftrax on a tv rather than a computer? Is that not the case?

Thanks though!
FINE

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 10:13:18 PM »
I assumed most people watch Rifftrax on a tv rather than a computer? Is that not the case?

Thanks though!

Something like this, which is mostly only available as a computer download - probably will remain that way. But like I said, we'll try to appease everyone. As Bill had mentioned the DVD ISO was added after they had riffed it - they weren't even aware of its existence until I brought it to their attention. Figures...!

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »
Fair enough! Our "office" is no place to watch a movie, so if we can't find a format to watch it on a tv with, it basically stays unwatched.

Anyway, if I'm the minority, I certainly understand.
FINE

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »

Thanks though!

Something like this, which is mostly only available as a computer download - probably will remain that way. But like I said, we'll try to appease everyone. As Bill had mentioned the DVD ISO was added after they had riffed it - they weren't even aware of its existence until I brought it to their attention. Figures...!
[/quote

Aw dammit, I downloaded that ISO like two weeks ago.  I felt so smart for being prepared, too!  I should be able to chop up the riff mp3 and resync it to the video, right?  Just account for the commercials?  I like the idea of the vintage commercials.  Too bad those were included after the riffing was done because more commercial riffing would be great.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3146
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 01:42:48 AM »
I also burnt the DVD and played the MP3 on my PC speakers. I can make a DVD but I'm not quite at reauthoring yet. :^) It was tough to keep synced at times. I'd be interested in an edited file.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 01:57:04 AM »
I'm planning on throwing the Quicktime file into DVD Flick and burning my copy that way now that I know which file they used to record it with.  That's pretty much what I did for the first one.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 02:20:29 AM »
I was just about to man up and start downloading when a little snag occurred to me. In the past, I would run the riff in windows media and the DVD in question on a DVD player program. A downloaded video file like this would play in windows media, now what plays the riff? I really don't want to get a redundant extra program just for this one stupid but undoubtedly hilarious thing.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 05:38:29 AM »
I downloaded the Apple MOV version (for my ipod and Apple TV) and the DIVX versions, so I should be set.

Since they are in .rar format, I have do download from somewhere like www.download.com a "rar" extraction/conversion program?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have never seen .rar files before.

Thanks.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 08:00:56 AM »
Since they are in .rar format, I have do download from somewhere like www.download.com a "rar" extraction/conversion program?

Yes, I've been using a freeware program called RarZilla. 

It's so pointless to compress these video files that are already in a compressed format, you get about 0.3% compression even when using the best algorithms.  An uncompressed AVI would be one of the few  formats that do well when compressed.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
I was just about to man up and start downloading when a little snag occurred to me. In the past, I would run the riff in windows media and the DVD in question on a DVD player program. A downloaded video file like this would play in windows media, now what plays the riff? I really don't want to get a redundant extra program just for this one stupid but undoubtedly hilarious thing.

I watched it last night using Windows Media Player and ffdshow, and played the mp3 file in Winamp. www.winamp.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »

Most software that will play DVDs will also play movie files, look for an option to load a file instead of playing a disk.