Author Topic: Now available!  (Read 22167 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 627
Re: Now available!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »

The guy on the page linked to added an extra unnecessary step. It looks like he split the original image into smaller chunks then RAR'd each chunk. Instead he should have just set winrar to split the archive into wahtever chunks he wants. You then download all the rars and only have to use one program to extract the image from the archive. Personally I just used the torr-ent link and downloaded the full iso. no fuss no muss. Actually the only fuss is going to be re-authoring. Whoever authored the original unofficial DVD made each act its own title set. When it is authored that way I can't just do a simple de-mux to have the full video stream.

Damn Trekkies...always making shit more complicated than it needs to be.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:20:33 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline darkside

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
Too bad this one won't be as trouble free and easy as the first release, but no biggie.  My PS3 plays divx files just fine so it is no big loss.  I will just sync it the way I do DVDs using my ipod with the audio.  I may torrent the full DVD file as well for future use. 

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
Actually the only fuss is going to be re-authoring. Whoever authored the original unofficial DVD made each act its own title set. When it is authored that way I can't just do a simple de-mux to have the full video stream.

Well I finished unRARing, then joining, then burning, and popped it into the DVD player and... No Menu, No Extras... Oh Well,

ON THE PLUS SIDE,

For those re-authoring,
Going through the perscribed method, I stuck it back in the computer and started up the Decrypter and it gave me only one video file and one audio file

So that may be the added bonus of going through the trials of the 4 RARs

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »
Actually the only fuss is going to be re-authoring. Whoever authored the original unofficial DVD made each act its own title set. When it is authored that way I can't just do a simple de-mux to have the full video stream.

Well I finished unRARing, then joining, then burning, and popped it into the DVD player and... No Menu, No Extras... Oh Well,

ON THE PLUS SIDE,

For those re-authoring,
Going through the perscribed method, I stuck it back in the computer and started up the Decrypter and it gave me only one video file and one audio file

So that may be the added bonus of going through the trials of the 4 RARs

Maybe that is a different ISO than the one i torr-ented.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3649
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »

Ah, THANK YOU for the "single file" link.   I see a Quicktime movie download for me.

Eh, that's what I'm here for...or at least that's what they tell me before putting me back in the cage.

Say "Hi" to the Gimp for me.

I'm right here.  :-\
OH... That's You?! :D :D :D

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
One more heads up before I slink back into the shadows,

The RAR link on the Star Trek page doesn't send you to a free unRAR, but to a paid one,

for the free one, just google rar and there should be one on there that you'd trust downloading, (I picked the first one under uberdownloads)

adios

Oh yes, and to combine properly, all of the divide iso files MUST be in the same folder
Now I'm leaving
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:39:45 PM by OmegaRowsdower »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
Great news all!

If you're watching the special DVD edition (which I downloaded from their site) there's "commercial breaks" inserted at the end of each act! This will throw off your synching every few minutes! Great, huh?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »
Great news all!

If you're watching the special DVD edition (which I downloaded from their site) there's "commercial breaks" inserted at the end of each act! This will throw off your synching every few minutes! Great, huh?

D'oh!

Let me find out from Bill and /or Kevin which one exactly they used. I find it hard to believe there are so many issues...

EDIT: It was probably the single Quicktime file that was pointed to earlier... I will verify soon as I can.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:54:47 PM by torgosPizza »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:53 PM »
Whaaa?

What version did the Riffers use?

Not the DVD version?
FINE

Offline fortytwice

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • www.myspace.com/fortytwice
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »
Great news all!

Hahaha oh thank christ I just read this.   Bad news.  Good delivery.   :clap:
I'll cancel my download, and pick something else. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2527
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »
For the file I created from the seperate .mov files I had to insert up to 23 seconds of dead space at each break.  Big break at around 25 minutes and a really big break at around 45 minutes.

Offline Bill Corbett

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
Hail Forumistas,

Sorry for any confusion, but please don't use the TO SERVE ALL MY DAYS version with the commercials.  They released that after we recorded the riff.  

Apologies if anyone got thrown off by that.   Though Mike Nelson had nothing to do with this, please feel free to go ahead and blame him.      

cheers,

BC

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »
oy the .wmv files on their website are cut up into different acts :-\
And the .iso is 2 and half gigs.

Looks like this isn't going to be a walk in the park for people who are computer retarded like me

How about the Hi-Res Windows Media or Quicktime from: http://www.phase2trek.com/home.html
The mov is 692MB and the windows media is 474MB

...or are you unable to use those file formats?

Ah, THANK YOU for the "single file" link.   I see a Quicktime movie download for me.

Just got clarification from Kevin, the high-res version (Quicktime) available at http://www.phase2trek.com/home.html is the one that was used in the riffing. Sorry if any of this was unclear.

EDIT: And Bill comes in before me with the winning post. Curse you, Corbett!!

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
Goddamnit.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 08:48:24 PM »
(Thanks guys, by the way, the Goddamnit wasn't directed at you!)
FINE