login

Author Topic: The next CT release will be...  (Read 11828 times)

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Re: The next CT release will be...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »
I wonder if the version they are selling will be a factory-pressed DVD or a DVD-R. If it's the latter, I might as well just download it and burn it myself (assuming it's available for download in Canada). I don't think the case will be worth the extra cost and the postage. I'll just print one myself. I can understand how people bought the first release felt, though. If you're gonna purchase it though the mail, you deserve to get a case with it.

Offline oddstocks

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »
Anyone know if this is going to be available outside the U.S. this time? I'd post over at the forums but I can't be bothered  :)

RAD just posted (on the CT forum) that it will be available for download worldwide. I suppose that means the DVD will be available worldwide, too.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 03:39:22 PM »
I wonder if the version they are selling will be a factory-pressed DVD or a DVD-R. If it's the latter, I might as well just download it and burn it myself (assuming it's available for download in Canada). I don't think the case will be worth the extra cost and the postage. I'll just print one myself. I can understand how people bought the first release felt, though. If you're gonna purchase it though the mail, you deserve to get a case with it.

I just posted that question at the CT board. If it is duplicated (DVD-r etc) I will just do the download myself. I assume the case art will be available as well. If it is replicated (DVD-5 glass master stamp etc) then I will order the disc.  Hopefully this time they have already started the manufacturing and we won't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks from ordering to get it.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »
Looks like the release is scheduled for next Thursday - June 19th. Should give everyone plenty of time to download it for the weekend, if people decide to go that route. The web site's "store" isn't open yet, though. (They're selling the DVD's themselves this time, though the download will still be available through EZTakes.) This leads me to think this is probably not gonna be a pressed DVD. They'll probably just burn them and print the covers as they receive the orders. Can't really blame them, though, as they probably don't have the sales volume to cover the costs of manufacturing DVD's.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:57:19 AM by AAntilles »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
Looks like the release is scheduled for next Thursday - July 19th.

Wait, is it next Thursday or July 19? Or have I slipped into a coma overnight for a month? :^)

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »
Heh. Sorry. I was doing work all morning that involved stuff for July, so it was on my mind. (Editted the message so there's no further confusion and/or time travel.  ;))

It would appear that they are "manufactured" DVD's, as Josh mentions in his blog today that they come in a shrink-wrapped DVD case. Good news for those who want in that form. But a delima for those of us that aren't sure if we want to wait for snail-mail. Maybe they'll make the choice for me by making shipping charges to Canada too high.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:27 AM »

I just posted that question at the CT board. If it is duplicated (DVD-r etc) I will just do the download myself. I assume the case art will be available as well. If it is replicated (DVD-5 glass master stamp etc) then I will order the disc.  Hopefully this time they have already started the manufacturing and we won't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks from ordering to get it.

"RAD", a moderator over at the CT forum, says they are going to be pressed DVDs:
http://cinematictitanic.com/wpmu/sf-forum/?forum=1&topic=734&page=2

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 06:58:09 AM »
It's here!

I'm downloading!

Joyous days!

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »
Indeed it is:

http://www.cinematictitanic.com/wpmu/store.html

I just ordered the DVD.  Looks like they only accept PayPal as payment.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 07:06:07 AM »
Thanks 4 the Link!

Just bought my DVD as well!! My Belated Bday Present is on the way! WOO HOO!! :highfive:

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
Ooooh. Download or buy? Download or buy?

Get it NOW and watch it tonight? Get it after a week (Or, judging from last time, a month) and get a nice prepackaged DVD? Pay the extra 5 and shipping, or get it on the cheap and burn it myself? Decisions! Decisions! :^)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »

Do both, fanboy!  :D

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Indeed it is:

But Paypal also lets you put in a credit card without having an account with them.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
Indeed it is:

But Paypal also lets you put in a credit card without having an account with them.

Ah, they do?  I had no clue since I've had an account with them for years.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline David

• Liked: 48
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »
Slow as molasses.

"Due to extremely high demand, some of our customers are experiencing slow download times. We are working to resolve this issue and will update this status message when the have it resolved. Thanks for your patience. "

Extremely high demand? You don't say.

I mean are they putting all the strain on their own servers? Have they ever heard of PEER-TO-PEER?!