Author Topic: Your favorite bad game  (Read 7675 times)

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Re: Your favorite bad game
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 04:00:44 PM »
Anything thats a tycoon, sim, or (some) strategy. I play it until I beat it and the endings are the worse in game history. They maybe show you some stats and a picture. Or a lame animation that is a little scary when sometimes how long it takes to get there..... Im just going to start cheating

ZooTycoon
Raiload Tycoon
Simcity
Simtower
Simant
Anything with a Sim in it

Civilization4 with a huge map (no way to beat it without cheating, or it lags to a fail on any PC)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:55:31 PM by Destin »

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
Here's one that sounds good, but I'm sure is bound to dissappoint , in fact the banner is staring at me from the bottom of the screen.  It's 'The Princess Bride ' pc game...http://www.vimeo.com/1188514
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:48:37 PM by Bobo the Bear »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3043
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »
Wasn't there someone a few weeks ago claiming that the Princess Bride game was the best thing ever? :^)

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
    • check out my myspace!!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
my guilty pleasure was this yugi oh card came for the gameboy advance.  i have no idea why, it was super easy and fun tho.   shhhh dont tell anyone!

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »
Okay then Beavis & Butthead for the SNES...  Never really cared for the show, but the game was Awesome!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 11:01:59 PM »
The game I wish that other people liked is Starship Titanic.  Kinda buggy and confusing slideshow adventure game from the mid 90s, but it was written by Douglas Adams and you could have excellent conversations with the AI for each robot.

I've actually been trying to find that one for a while, but I always get outbidded on eBay at the last second.

There's two games that always pop into my head when it comes to bad ones that I liked (more if people count the Tycoon style games. I do love those games, especially RolelrCoaster Tycoon, that was a great one). First is Enter the Matrix. I guess it's partly because I didn't encounter a lot of the glitches (got really lucky there), and also because I really loved the fighting, it was so cool to watch (even if I couldn't really control it part of the time, but this was back when I thought things like that were more my fault then the game's design). Plus the hacking aspect was great, I spent a lot of time unlocking various bits of code with that thing.

The other one is Jaws: Unleashed. Sure, it had some nasty glitches (the likes of which I've never really seen before), the camera was a living hell, and the controls were half broken. But it still let you play as a giant Great White Shark and dismember people in a wide variety of ways. I happily forked over money for that game, and I had a good time playing it.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:08 AM »
Journey: Escape was a personal favorite.  Save Journey from the groupies!  Get them to their mothership and have them...ESCAPE!

Awful.  I loved it.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »
Didn't they redo that game with Aerosmith a little while later?

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 08:11:32 AM »
They did some kind of game with Aerosmith, but I'm not sure if that was more in line with the Journey arcade game.  I was talking about the Atari game. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 08:14:09 AM »
Ah, yes I was thinking of the Arcade game.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3043
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »
Don't forget Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. :^)

There was also a nifty isometric Michael Jackson arcade game, in which Michael would... rescue.. young children... Hmm. Also you could grab Bubbles and turn into a giant robot. :^)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 02:34:13 AM »
Metal Gear 2 was a pretty dumb game story-wise (at least in its original translation).  Deadly poisonous Zanzibar hamsters, anyone?

I also enjoyed the PS2 game version of The Mummy Returns.  (slinks away in shame)
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55:56 AM »
DDR.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
I wouldn't say this is a favorite but the whole idea of this game being the worst one ever makes it a favorite of mine.

Big Rigs - Over the Road Racing

Game footage (music added)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7f3HDsgLV68&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7f3HDsgLV68&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Game review with footage. The guy is very angry and curses a lot but with more reason than most video game reviews.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rjqu1d6s9iQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rjqu1d6s9iQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »
^^ Worse game engine ever