Author Topic: Who is the Most Hated Person in the History of the Animation Industry?  (Read 20437 times)

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
Why are you still here Isaac? You fight with everyone here. No one agrees with you. You don't even seem to like anybody on this forum, so why not simply go to another one that might suit you better?

Why are you still here ImOscardotcom? You fight with everyone here. No one agrees with you. You don't even seem to like anybody on this forum, so why not simply go to another one that might suit you better?
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
Why are you still here Isaac? You fight with everyone here. No one agrees with you. You don't even seem to like anybody on this forum, so why not simply go to another one that might suit you better?

Why are you still here ImOscardotcom? You fight with everyone here. No one agrees with you. You don't even seem to like anybody on this forum, so why not simply go to another one that might suit you better?

You didn't answer my question.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
You're not going to answer my question, are you? Or at least not in a way that doesn't involve taking whatever someone says to you and twisting it slightly?

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
I'm sorry, did you say something at some point today? I must not have noticed it.

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
This isn't going to stop until I end up killing you, is it?

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
Seriously, dude, if you can legitimately refute anything I said, I will not bother you again.  And saying I'm stupid doesn't count as a refutation.  Though I am a bit disappointed that you haven't accused me of being a retarded, bed-wetting 45-year-old who lives with his parents and spends all his time posting on forums because he's incapable of communicating with actual people.

In any case, getting back to the topic at hand,

I'd like to weigh in on the opinion of Walt Disney being the most hated person in the history of animation.  I would contend just the opposite.  Even assuming all those things about him being an anti-semite nazi supporter who treated all of his employees like dirt are true, the fact is he has been one of the most if not THE most influential figure in animation history.  You'd have to go pretty far to find someone who's never seen, say, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, and you'd have to go even farther to find someone who's never at least heard of Mickey Mouse.

Besides that, Disney was a big supporter of innovation in Special Effects and film-making techniques.  The multiplane camera was first widely used by Disney animators, and that was an achievment that was only surpassed by the advent of CGI in animated films.  And ever hear of audio animatronics?  They're most widely used in Disney theme parks, but they were first used in Disney's films, notably 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and Mary Poppins.  (Which technically weren't animated films, but Mary Poppins, of course, did have animated sequences.)  And the fact is, even today people know when they see a Disney movie, they're going to get a film that's appropriate for all ages.  So Disney left a mark on the world, and I would say it's a fairly positive one.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!

You've been Isaac'd!  Ha-cha-cha-chaaaaaaa!
On timeout

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd

Oh. My. God.  That might win for the most grade school-iest thing I've ever seen on this forum.  Isaac, you've outdone yourself.   :clap: 

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"

Oh. My. God.  That might win for the most grade school-iest thing I've ever seen on this forum.  Isaac, you've outdone yourself.   :clap: 

Even after seeing this?

But, no, my behavior was not comparable to that which can be found in someone in grade school. I was cleverly making fun of ImOscardotcom. You clearly have no sense of humor. ImOscardotcom likes to make up his own reality and likes to think that he's right about whatever obscure "argument" he tries to start, even if actual reality is against him.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:41:20 PM by Isaac »

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana

Even after seeing this?

Your impressions of grade-schoolers is very different from mine. They usually don't make Jimmy Durante imprressions, for a start.

But, no, my behavior was not comparable to that which can be found in someone in grade school. I was cleverly making fun of ImOscardotcom. You clearly have no sense of humor. ImOscardotcom likes to make up his own reality and likes to think that he's right about whatever obscure "argument" he tries to start, even if actual reality is against him.

Then why don't you go to a forum where they might actually have a sense of humor and where they might not make up their own reality? That's all I'm asking.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:57:20 PM by ImOscardotcom »

• Mr Bungle
I think he could rule the Sesame Street forum.
On timeout

anais.jude

I like "imoscardotcom"

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana

• Mr Bungle
Wait, so you do or don't want Isaac to rule the imoscar.com forum?
On timeout