Author Topic: Who is the Most Hated Person in the History of the Animation Industry?  (Read 20195 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
In his interviews he always comes off like a pompous asshole
What interview? The one where he punched a nun? ::)
(Note: I am being sarcastic. He didn't actually punch a nun.)

Oh but that would have been great, rotoscoped or not ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:33:02 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Ironically, when Spumco revived "Ren and Stimpy" on the "Adult Party Cartoon" on SpikeTV, those episodes were even more hated by the fans than the Games produced episodes.

That is completely false. The fans loved Adult Party Cartoon.

Beside you, you mean? Name them.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Adult Party Cartoon, worthless...

The Adult Party Cartoon is the way Kricfalusi always wanted to do the show.

Which only proves the maxim that art often thrives when it has to find a way to work around limitations.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Doctor Who?

Why is Mike Scully on the list?

Sure seasons 9-11 were not as good as 1-8 but they still had some good episodes and he worked on seasons 1-8.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
yeah weird nine and ten have some serious classics in it. 

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Mike is Dana Scully's ex-husband.  He told Dwayne Barry where she lived that one time. 
On timeout

anais.jude

Mike is Dana Scully's ex-husband.  He told Dwayne Barry where she lived that one time. 

NERD!

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
Ironically, when Spumco revived "Ren and Stimpy" on the "Adult Party Cartoon" on SpikeTV, those episodes were even more hated by the fans than the Games produced episodes.

That is completely false. The fans loved Adult Party Cartoon.

Beside you, you mean? Name them.

"I know you are but what am I" doesn't work in this context.

Adult Party Cartoon, worthless...

The Adult Party Cartoon is the way Kricfalusi always wanted to do the show.

Which only proves the maxim that art often thrives when it has to find a way to work around limitations.

Except that the APC episodes were funnier than the original series.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
So you think subtlety isn't as funny as explicitness?  If Groucho Marx, for instance, had said in a movie "I'm gonna have some sex tonight", would that have been funnier than him saying "I'm gonna go back and brush the crackers off of my bed.  I'm expecting company."?

Either way, I've seen John K. cartoons where he's had no restrictions, and they're just not funny.  Ever see the ones he produced for the adult swim website?  *Shudder*

Besides that, he's a pretentious egotist.  He seems to think that writing in a cartoon should be more of an afterthought, that the animators should just come up with a bunch of gags and worry about how they're going to fit together later, and that any cartoon that does it any other way is inherently inferior to cartoons done his way.  And he seems to think that every successful animated series since the 1960's is complete rubbish, and the only good cartoons are the ones he personally was involved in. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Doctor Who?

yeah weird nine and ten have some serious classics in it. 

Also I am think some of his episodes have made it onto the Top 50 Simpsons episodes poll,so i don't think he is that hated by the people here.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
So you think subtlety isn't as funny as explicitness?

Funny is better than not funny.

If Groucho Marx, for instance, had said in a movie "I'm gonna have some sex tonight", would that have been funnier than him saying "I'm gonna go back and brush the crackers off of my bed.  I'm expecting company."?

Do you know what you're talking about, or are you just typing anything that pops into your head?

Either way, I've seen John K. cartoons where he's had no restrictions, and they're just not funny.  Ever see the ones he produced for the adult swim website?

The hilarious cartoons he produced for the Cartoon Network website?

Besides that, he's a pretentious egotist.

Do you know what you're talking about, or are you just typing anything that pops into your head?

He seems to think that writing in a cartoon should be more of an afterthought, that the animators should just come up with a bunch of gags and worry about how they're going to fit together later, and that any cartoon that does it any other way is inherently inferior to cartoons done his way.

And he seems to think that every successful animated series since the 1960's is complete rubbish, and the only good cartoons are the ones he personally was involved in.

He doesn't think that. He worked on an '80s upgrade of The Jetsons that he thought was total shit. He just prefers the older cartoons.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:21:04 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3693
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
I actually dig the Yogi and Jetsons cartoons he did for Adult Swim. Some of his best work. :^)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
So you think subtlety isn't as funny as explicitness?

Can't we have both?

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
On timeout