Author Topic: Watching Gossip Girl is like watching Battle Royale without guns  (Read 732 times)

Offline Taufiq2u

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
As much as i'm a heterosexual male like you and me, i sadly became hooked to Gossip Girl thanks to my girlfriend(whom i broke up last year).

As much as i enjoy having fantasies about Blake Lively and Leighton Meester, i found out how depressing Gossip Girl is. It's like watching Battle Royale without the blood and the guns. I mean, they keep on ruining their lives by gossiping about each other. And Big Brother(Kristen Bell) is profiting from this, making every upper-class Manhattan teens out of touch with the real world.

I'm pretty sure Kristen Bell works for Homeland Security.

And what's more depressing is their fashion. When i was studying at my public(aka private) school, our uniforms are as strict as Taylor Momsen's age. But in this show, it's ridiculous. They add their uniforms with clothing from Dolce & Gabbana and Giorgio Armani. I couldn't even use my sweater from Topman to bring it to school.

Oh, and when the new episodes came out, they make Blake Lively's little brother gay. Why? I'm not homophobic and i'm a fan of Torchwood, but was it really necessary to piss people off by making Taylor Momsen's dream boyfriend gay? This isn't Skins you know. And Michelle Tractenberg makes the show worse than ever.

thank god i stopped watching this pile heap of junk and decided to watch E4's The Inbetweeners which makes more sense than Gossip Girl and is way manlier than GG. I'm pretty sure Gossip Girl won't be renewed for Season 2, since Josh Schwartz already fucked the whole show.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
Re: Watching Gossip Girl is like watching Battle Royale without guns
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:29 PM »
I've never seen it, but it sounds terrible.  I assume it's on cable (which I don't have), so avoiding it will be pretty easy for me.

I like some of the actors in it, though (especially Kristen Bell).
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.