login

Author Topic: CLUE: Online (Game One - Ended)  (Read 19345 times)

Offline Rude.

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Forum Czar
    • Zombie-Thon
Re: CLUE: Online (Game One - In Progress)
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »

Right away Professor Plum!

Mrs. Peacock, if you would just come with me... perhaps you can take a seat here in the Ballroom and collect yourself for a moment. I'm sure that the shock of Mr. Boddy's murder has rattled you quite a bit. Your confusion is certainly understandable.

Perhaps I can get you a drink to help calm your nerves?

-Wadsworth
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

anais.jude

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »
when did i get to the ballroom? i thought i was in the conservatory.

dammit Miss Scarlett moved me to the ballroom.  :angry: :angry: :angry:

i am going to move three spaces BACK to the conservatory. There I suggest Prof Plum with the knife
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:55:44 PM by anais.jude »

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
I cannot disprove the suggestion.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 04:59:38 AM »
Nor can I.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »
i cannot either

Offline Rude.

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Forum Czar
    • Zombie-Thon
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 10:54:01 AM »

I've found something here among the evidence collected by Mrs. White that can disprove that suggestion.

-Wadsworth
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »
Prof. Plum will remain in the Conservatory and suggest that Colonel Mustard had some involvement with a Wrench.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
Professor, I think you're crazier than a mosquito in a swine bath, but I can't disprove your suggestion.  I assume someone else can.

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »
i am horrified that you would think that i did it but i can disprove it

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
Miss Scarlet is going to move 7 spaces to the kitchen to make herself a mint julep, as the ballroom has no mint for such things.  What kind of operation are you running here, Wadsworth?  How do you expect a belle such as myself to survive?

All this investigating is making me weary.  As such, I am too tired to make a suggestion.  Hopefully the mint julep will help to refresh me.

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
playing a game of billiards, the mustard comes to the conclusion that professor plum might have done it here with the lead pipe.

my dear miss scarlet, the mustard would appreciate it if you would get the mustard a pint of beer from the kitchen while you are there, thank you kindly.

Offline Rude.

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Forum Czar
    • Zombie-Thon
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »

It seems that Mrs. White would be unable to disprove any part of your Suggestion.

-Wadsworth

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2008, 09:56:17 PM »
playing a game of billiards, the mustard comes to the conclusion that professor plum might have done it here with the lead pipe.

Mustard is not in the Billiards Room. He is in the Conservatory.

The question now is how to handle the error now that the suggestion has already been responded to.

1) no repeat on suggestion. that would result in 2 answered suggestions in 1 turn.
2) where to be placed? ballroom or conservatory? I would say conservatory where he should've been.
3) do we initiate penalties (in the future) for not keeping up with where the characters are? Granted Wadsworth was also at fault as the moderator and stand-in for Mrs. White, but if another player responds to an erroneous suggestion without being certain of the player movement themselves, they would also create an error that may grant an advantage. I would suggest that as long as no responses to the erroneous suggestion are made, the player whose turn it is can simply redo their move/suggestion. However if someone responds with any info (be it a clue to disprove the suggestion, or a lack of clues to disprove the suggestion) then both the player whose turn it is, and the player(s) who respond to the erroneous suggestion, all lose 1 turn.

example of error creating advantage: now that mustard's suggestion has been made and responded to, if we leave him in the billiards room, he has the advantage of moving swiftly to the library or ballroom next turn and making another suggestion. if he gets pulled back to the conservatory, he gets the free suggestion response from the billiards room and can move from the conservatory to either the lounge or ballroom for other quick suggestions.

while it seems he would have a move + suggestion in one turn in either case and thus seem like "not a big deal", the point here is that if he had been intent on going to the billiard's room to make the suggestion, he would have had to move there (again) this turn and wait (again) until next turn to make his suggestion. so in that sense he's been given a free move+suggestion this turn, even though he could have opted to stay in the conservatory or move to the ballroom or lounge and make a suggestion. the advantage then is that he was "given" the billiards room without a new sacrifice of a suggestion during the turn due to movement requirements.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:10:53 PM by Jinto »

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
Waddy, darling, I think these rooms need to be more clearly marked.  I was trying to find a restroom earlier and ended up in Mr. Boddy's study.

I fear the stress and dark, creeky mansion is getting to us all. 

But, do forgive for relieving myself on Mr. Boddy's copy of War and Peace.  He won't be needing it anymore anyway.

I will get you your beer, Colonel. Maybe it will help you think more clearly.  A true Southerner needs to be a liquored up to be in top form.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:07:37 PM by AmandaGal »

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2008, 11:25:15 PM »
ok, let me do that over, cause i forgot about that whole rule of dragging people back to the room in which they are accused and i will merely move back to the billiards room...again...and end my turn without making any suggestions...