Author Topic: Sawts?  (Read 25822 times)

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: Sawts?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »
The best moment of this film is when the other guy fakes being dead after smoking.

It's hilariously bad.

"Now run circles on the ground going 'whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo!'"

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »
You know, I kept trying to figure out what the connection between Saw and the traditional Arabic music known as the sawt was. Really turned the brain off today.

I loved this riff and laughed very hard. Again, the only minor trivial "criticism" is that I wanted Kevin and Bill to go bluer, really let loose with those f-bombs and such. One (of many) beloved comment:

"This was a triumph."
"I'm making a note here, huge success."

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »
I liked hearing Corbett dropping the f-bomb!  For me, more profanity is not necessary to the experience but it didn't hurt that's for sure.  This isn't a movie you should show to your kids anyway.

God what a turd this film was!  It thought it was so very clever, twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, but really it was just a piece of crap with a franchise-able bad guy.  The riff was flat out brilliant.  I never thought I'd see them do a film like this but they really pulled it off.  If you're on the fence about it, you really should get this one.  The movie isn't nearly as horrifying as it would like to think it is, you'll survive. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:07:56 AM by Sheik Yerbouti »

Janitor

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »
My sawts are fraught with wrot. Or not. I thought it was hilarious. The last time I got together with some of my friends from work (they're kinda blue collar) (which I guess makes me blue collar) (that kinda sucks) (maybe I should get back to my post) I showed them 300 and it killed. They loved it. I'm going to get them together and watch this one.

Favorite bit:

Shoot him.

He won't move if you shoot him in the head.

Nobody listens to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:21:39 PM by Action Batch »

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
"Zap" (did he mean Zeb? or?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a legit spoiler if you haven't heard it yet.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »
Well I hope they don't dip into this particular well often, but I was pleased with the results. The Riffing kept me at a comfortable psychological distance from the movie, and there were some killer riffs in there.

I loved the whole bit where the killer's explaining the situation to one of his victims and Kevin (I think) chimes in with, "Also there's a chipmunk strapped to your head with a stick of dynamite between its legs..."

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 02:10:08 AM »
I'm now looking forward to the Bill and Kevin Riff of Saw 2.  Not immediately, of course, but when they do it I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I hadn't seen the movie before the Rifftrax and it was horrible.  Not horribly violent, just horrible.  Between the bad acting, the fact that everyone from the killer down had to be a complete moron for the plot to work, and the complete waste of what could have been a cool premise.  The movie has moments where it seems to be building to something clever and then it fakes out by being completely stupid.

Bill and Kevin worked as well as I was expecting; I know Rifftrax is Mike's baby but I'll buy any Kevin and Bill work without hesitation.

Offline jojoe55

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:15 AM »
Hilarious riff.  Lots of good lines.  Got a real kick out of 'Any word yet on Twister 2, Jonas' revenge'   :clap:

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
I woke up very early this morning and this riff popped into my head. It took all my effort to not burst out laughing and wake Tyrant, and even more to forget it and get back to sleep.

Raspy Killer Dude: "Hello, Paul. You are a perfectly healthy, sane and middle-class male..."
Bill (As RKD) "Well... Bye!"

A simple riff, but a wonderfully timed one. :^)

Offline Priest

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Truman Capote Sent to Fight Krankor!
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
I laughed really hard when they show Danny Glover looking at the Amanda tape in the office and his partner is about to leave and Glover calls him back and his partner says,

"What?"

and Glover only grunts and waves his hand to come back and Bill says,

"Where's my kiss you asshole"  LMAO!!!

My God, one of the best riffs in the whole track, this is my favorite rifftrax so far.
Just decide quickly, I don't want to be around when they see what I did to that fat kid's . . . .  nah, never mind lets get going.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
Wow, this was a really stupid movie. I don't understand why it took off the way it did. I don't find it to be the least bit disturbing or scary. Additionally,  as a person who has that clown phobia (whatever it's called) which also sometimes applies to mimes and dolls, the puppet thing was more ridiculous than anything else in the movie and I found myself laughing anytime it showed up, not scared. People really got creeped out by it? REALLY? Whatever....

Man, Kevin and Bill tore this thing a new one, and I love them for it. I loved the Marylin Manson line with that stupid puppet. Hilarious. Not sure I want them to do Saw 2, however. Saw was a lot tamer than I thought it would be and I know the genre has just gotten worse since.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
Oh, and it sucks. Elwes' performance in the last twenty minutes of the movie is astonishingly bad.

Wrong.

The best moment of this film is when the other guy fakes being dead after smoking.

It's hilariously bad.

No.

God what a turd this film was!  It thought it was so very clever, twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, but really it was just a piece of crap with a franchise-able bad guy.

No.

I hadn't seen the movie before the Rifftrax and it was horrible.  Not horribly violent, just horrible.  Between the bad acting, the fact that everyone from the killer down had to be a complete moron for the plot to work, and the complete waste of what could have been a cool premise.  The movie has moments where it seems to be building to something clever and then it fakes out by being completely stupid.

No.

Wow, this was a really stupid movie.

Wrong.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 766
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

Really? You really are defending that scene?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

Really? You really are defending that scene?

What was wrong with it?
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »
y'know, I could be wrong, but I think it was intentional
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT