Author Topic: Sawts?  (Read 25308 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Sawts?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »
This is the one and only Rifftrax I've ever tossed into File 13. I just can't find humor in this type of movie. I certainly enjoyed The Grudge and Halloween, so I know they have been successful in the past riffing on movies of this enre. But this pile of crap....how can anyone laugh while watching this turd something I don;t have ability to do. So sorry, Bill and Kevin, but this offering has been removed from my collection. Although I think you are both brave to have sat and watched this one in its entirety.

Now, time to hit he pause button and return to The Day After Tomorrow.  :)

I laughed the entire time I was watching Saw in the theater. From Elwes horrible "american" accent to any scene with Danny Glover. Sure there are better RiffTrax out there but i thought it was great. I really wish that the more non-mainstream stuff would sell better because those are usually my favorite Trax.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2009, 10:42:48 PM »
It all just depends on if the movie disturbs you too much to laugh.  That's the case for some, and I can understand it, but I loved it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
Correct, it leaves nothing to the imagine whatsoever. Not my cup of tea, I guess.  :-\

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »
This is the one and only Rifftrax I've ever tossed into File 13. I just can't find humor in this type of movie. I certainly enjoyed The Grudge and Halloween, so I know they have been successful in the past riffing on movies of this genre. But this pile of crap....how can anyone laugh while watching this turd? So sorry, Bill and Kevin, but this offering has been removed from my collection. Although I think you are both brave to have sat and watched this one in its entirety.

Now, time to hit he pause button and return to The Day After Tomorrow.  :)

What do you mean?  None of the movies are funny on their own, and most of them suck on their own.  It's the riff that you're supposed to laugh at, not the film.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 02:26:42 PM »
I find it hard to laugh period when so much gratuitous violence is on display. I don't think I need to defend or explain myself any further than this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:11:04 PM by CHF01 »

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »
I don't know, Thrifty, I found the hammy acting to be fairly funny on its own without the riffing. 

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »
I find it hard to laugh period when so much gratuitous violence is on display. I don't think I need to defend or explain myself any further than this.

It's okay; that's a fair objection.  The gore is pretty heavy, and if you're not comfortable with that, it could be pretty distracting.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Torture flicks aren't my thing, I guess.
Man, I wish Kevin and Bill would riff Armageddon.  :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5616
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »
Torture flicks aren't my thing, I guess.
Man, I wish Kevin and Bill would riff Armageddon.  :)
Yeah, torture isn't my thing either. Especially if the killer is a human being. Unless it's a monster or someone with powers, I'm not interested. I find that stuff scary when I read about it in the newspaper, not in movies. That's not what I go to the movies for.