Author Topic: Announcement regarding the New Voyages videos!  (Read 32468 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: Announcement regarding the New Voyages videos!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
I'm ancient

On timeout

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
I'm ancient

I knew it was from the '80s...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:26:05 PM by ImOscardotcom »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »
There wasn't any "pressure" and there wasn't and "folding".  We talked things over with the people at Star Trek Phase 2 and came to an understanding.  You know, the way people actually get things done in real life.

You can get a pissy tone or lecture me some more about "real life" if you want to, I'm still going to call it the way I see it.  I'm a paying customer and as such I will exercise my right to speak my mind.  I'm a BIG fan of Rifftrax, but I'm not a rabid or mindless fan.  If I like something, which is 99% of the time, I'll say it.  If I don't like something, as in this very rare case so far, well I'm going to say that to too.  This is a disappointing action on your part, but it's a done deal and I'll move on.  And I'm sure you guys will continue to please me 99% of the time.  You have a great track record on that so far.  But if you're looking for all of your posters to only speak up when they are pleased or see things the same way you do, that's not going to happen in this case.

Bottom line: You guys must have thought it was okay to offer the synced up video in the first place, or you wouldn't have done it.  After it goes up, a thousand harpies descended on this place and whined about it.  You stopped offering the video.   That's folding to pressure.  But again, just one fat man's opinion.  Everyone else seems happy with this so I'm in the minority.  That's fine.  I'll watch Saw and be feeling better soon. :P

Haha, there's a difference between "calling it like you see it" and just making up a story to fit what you think you see.

I guess I downloaded the VOD just in time too.

Phew!
FINE

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
I'm ancient

I thought it was from the '80s...  ;)

Fix your profile cuz I can't even tell how old you are to mock you effectively.
On timeout

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNERD!

What is that from? I've seen it around the forum a few times, but I never got the reference.

Revenge of the Nerds.  That charming fellow is "Ogre."

That's what I thought, but I didn't want a mob of '80s teen comedy fans chasing me if I got it wrong.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 12:40:27 AM »
That's not an opinion, that's a theory. And as we explained to you, an incorrect theory

My theory, wrong or not, was my opinion at the time with the information I had at hand.  But forget that, I'm not going to argue semantics with you as far as what is opinion and what isn't.  Nobody wins that kind of conversation on the internet.  I like everybody here, and I love the Rifftrax company.  I think you, TorgosPizza, do a freaking amazing job around here.  I didn't wake up this morning with the intention of "hey, let's go to this site I love and start pissing off people I like."

The only reason I'm continuing to talk about this at all is that I have to clear this up:

Regarding your first point, we don't mind if you speak up about your disappointment; just don't act so surprised when we correct you on something you say that is blatantly false.

My reaction to Coner and my statement about speaking my mind had nothing to do with "surprise on you correcting me" and had everything to do with Coner's sarcastic and patronizing tone.  There's a way to set someone straight about the facts without including sarcastic postscripts about "real life".  You, torgosPizza, have mastered that art.  There was no patronizing, condescending, or pissy tone in your reply.  Now go back and read Conners reply again.

Did he say anything horrible?  Or course not.  Did I overreact to it because I was already irritated?  Absolutely.  But he could learn from your example.  This isn't a normal message board where the Admins and Moderators can be slick, catty, sarcastic pricks and everyone cheers because it's all fun and games.  This is a message board directly associated with a commercial enterprise.  Would you tolerate a sarcastic bank clerk?  What about a waiter who wants to lecture you on "real life" when you complain about your cold steak?  No, you wouldn't.  Even if the customer is wrong, there's a right and wrong way to address issues.  If you wouldn't tolerate it from other businesses, why would you tolerate that crap from the official representatives of a commercially operated message board?

That kind of reply says "We only want to hear from you when you like what's going on."  YOUR replies, on the other hand, say "here's the facts, however they may fall."  You're just as respectful when someone disagrees with you as when they agree.  So that was the genesis of my rant.  I was irritated by the action taken, I was reacting to the limited information I had at the time, and I responded to a pissy tone with a pissy tone.  It's no biggie in the overall scheme of things and hopefully I'm done pissing people off this week.  That's not why I come here.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »
You know, the way people actually get things done in real life.

oh you LA DI DAH poeple with your being rational and polite and professional.  What ever happened to appearing on late night tv to bitch about one another until wwf pays you to do a pay per view match?

You guys must have thought it was okay to offer the synced up video in the first place, or you wouldn't have done it.  After it goes up, a thousand harpies descended on this place and whined about it.  You stopped offering the video.   That's folding to pressure.

and the sun goes around the earth because you can see it rise and set in the sky.  

and had everything to do with Coner's sarcastic and patronizing tone.

A SARCASTIC TONE? ON THE INTERNET?? And who the hell gave him a an audio version of this text forum so he could hear tone in the first place? 

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 01:14:13 AM »
That's it?  That's what you're going with?  Inverting the word "tone"?  That's your best shot?  I've seen better flame baiting on a Disney board.  Please tell me you're not one of the fan riffers around here.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 01:21:43 AM »
lol  what the hell is flame baiting?

and for the record  enot is inverted tone. 

nope im not one of the fan riffers, im disembaudio. 

brought to you by websters

inverted:

1 a: to reverse in position, order, or relationship b: to subject to inversion
2 a: to turn inside out or upside down b: to turn inward
3: to find the mathematical reciprocal of <to divide using fractions, invert the divisor and multiply>

im using #3 for my definition of tone. 

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:38 AM »
I'm just gonna sit back and listen to the Amok Time music on repeat as this unfolds.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 01:29:10 AM »
and like shatner im already shirtless oiled up ready to go

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 01:35:57 AM »
On the other hand, DarthChimay is a very funny dude.  I laugh every time you post.

And flame baiting, if you don't know, is being just enough of a douche to someone to get them to respond with excessive force so that they get banned for the sheer vileness and profanosity of their response ... without being so much of a douche that you get banned yourself first.  It's a very fine line and in my time I've been worked over by some masters of the art.  Ten years ago, I knew a dude at a Sliders message board who, if he put his mind to it, could get Mahatma Ghandi banned within 24 hours and not even get a warning himself.  Which brings us back to internet "tone of voice."  It's a very real thing.  :P

• Compsognathus
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 01:47:45 AM »
ah, well i dont think ive EVER seen anyone banned here.  course most people dont bother to respond with vulgarities even when they disagree or are angry.  Its just pointless if i thought you were that big of a tit, i wouldnt have even posted in the first place.  what would be the point? 

Which brings us back to internet "tone of voice."  It's a very real thing. 

not really.  Yeah people can USUALLY tell if something is sarcastic(tm) or whatever but for the most part tone is assumed.  Connors posts as a whole SOUND pretty terse.  I dont think he is.  Ive never heard anyone who has met him say he is.  And quite frankly ive seen him ribbed quite often on this board for his supposed terseness.  I think (and i could be wrong because i cant hear your real voice as you type) that you assumed that he was not just sarcastic(tm) but bore you some illwill.  But really you have no proof of that.  All it is, is an assumption. 

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 01:58:43 AM »

I don't remember a moment in time any more where that wasn't true for me.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:21 AM »

I don't remember a moment in time any more where that wasn't true for me.

Except for your last murder trial.
On timeout