Author Topic: Now available!  (Read 13955 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Now available!
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »
Rifftrax PresentsRifftrax Presents: Star Trek: Phase II: World Enough and Time! <a href="http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer.swf?file=http://download.rifftrax.com/files/videos/WorldEnough-sample.flv&amp;autoStart=false" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer.swf?file=http://download.rifftrax.com/files/videos/WorldEnough-sample.flv&amp;autoStart=false</a>

Get it here: http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/world-enough-and-time

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
Re: Now available!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »
Sold!

I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »
Sulu with long hair? Oh my!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 06:54:25 PM »
*Ed McMahon voice* 'HI-OOOHH!!' :o

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »
words fail me...

except to say I'm downloading as I type this
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »
I gots ta has it!  Downloading it now and already looking forward to next weeks'!

I guess this explains why we had two rifftraxs in back to back weeks followed by two weeks of stoney silence.  I knew something big was coming!

And all my best to whoever this Elliot dude is but I don't dig solo riffs so I'm taking a pass on his.  So I'm glad you're offering the solo crap to people who like that sort of thing while at the same time giving the rest of us this nifty duo!  And that's not a slam at Mike, I'd love Mike to be a part of this, but we could do a lot worse than Kevin and Bill.  :P
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:18:30 PM »
Just finished watching it!  Best rifftrax in a while!  I was dying laughing!  Awesome, awesome, awesome!

In other news, though I'd heard a lot about this, this was my first experience actually watching an episode of New Voyages. I have to say I was impressed as hell by the sets, costumes, and props.  The CGI was pretty good, especially since they can't have much money devoted to it.  The writing was above average except for some super cheesy lines.  Unfortunately, the acting was universally horrible and the casting even worse than that.  I know these dudes are working for free but what ass awful casting!  Overall, no way in hell I'd ever sit through one of these without a rifftrax, but this probably pleases those nerds who've watched the original series five million times and hate everything that came after.  I was expecting it to be worse, to be honest.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
Man this was bad. This is ten times worst then almost any star trek episodes i can think of. But the riffing was great. By the way didnt the guy  who play spock look a little furity. I mean you never saw leonard nimoy where any lipstick.

Offline Matt B

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 3
    • The Stephen Ratliff Misting Archive
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:50:51 PM »
Well, let me make an admission here: At some point, my brain started tuning out the riffing and instead  concentrating on the plot. Sorry Kev and Bill.  But   the riffs that permeated my thick skull were pretty funny.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start building a replica of the STNG bridge in my living room. My dream of a filmed riffing of "Time Speeder" will come to fruition. Oh yes. It will. Heh, heh, heh...

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 12:26:30 AM »
Oh my.  I cannot wait to watch all of this.  George Takei and the lady who played Yeoman Rand cashing a paycheck.  Please tell me this is not the future for MST3K alumni!  Can't you just see it?  Eldery Kevin Murphy hobbling onto someone's home made SOL set, clutching a battered Tom Servo puppet.  Some sweating fanboy handing him his script for the 'Red Dawn' riff and Kevin mumbling, "Yeah, yeah just get on with it.  I was riffin' movies before you were a twinkle in the milkman's eye!"

Offline Winboloer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
  • I didn't betray the lawl! I AM the LAWL!
    • WinBolo.net
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »
This one was awesome.  :clap:

Had me laughing continuously.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »
Just finished watching it!  Best rifftrax in a while!  I was dying laughing!  Awesome, awesome, awesome!

In other news, though I'd heard a lot about this, this was my first experience actually watching an episode of New Voyages. I have to say I was impressed as hell by the sets, costumes, and props.  The CGI was pretty good, especially since they can't have much money devoted to it.  The writing was above average except for some super cheesy lines.  Unfortunately, the acting was universally horrible and the casting even worse than that.  I know these dudes are working for free but what ass awful casting!  Overall, no way in hell I'd ever sit through one of these without a rifftrax, but this probably pleases those nerds who've watched the original series five million times and hate everything that came after.  I was expecting it to be worse, to be honest.

Yeah I feel a little bit bad laughing at this (but that isn't going to stop me).  I mean, quite clearly a great deal of time, money, and overly obsessive nerdy Star Trek love went into making this production.  I'll never understand why some people feel compelled to make fan productions, or fan fiction for that matter but fan productions like this are a whole other level of obsession.  It's always going to be seen as inferior by the majority of fans because its not the original.  Plus the characters aren't yours.  You can't profit from this or even recoup most of your expenses without Paramount suing your ass out of existence.  If you're going to devote this kind of time and money to a project, why not come up with an original idea?  If this didn't feature mock Spock and faux Kirk we'd all probably cut it some more slack.

Offline countv

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Sexy Hitler
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 04:43:37 AM »
You know, as a real scottish person I was always a little uncomfortable with Doohan's Scotty but he got enough right that it was passible if OTT. Fan-Film Scotty is really, really painful. REALLY. And it only gets worse when Bill and Kevin have a go at it too. And by worse I of course mean better.

Having watched numerous Star Wars fan films of various quality I've got to say I'm impressed with this Star Trek effort in terms of what they did technically. Impressed, terrified and hugely distrubed. Trekkies really are in a league of their own in fandom.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
I'll never understand why some people feel compelled to make fan productions, or fan fiction for that matter

I've written fan fiction and for me there were two reasons:

1) Built in audience.  When you post your fan fiction at a message board devoted to that topic, you're assured of getting a dozen people to actually READ your work, which leads to feedback.  Writers crave readers (which are hard to get if you're unpublished) and we crave feedback even more.  The problem?  We can usually only get our family or friends to read our crap and their feedback is useless cuz they love us.  People we don't know on a message board are likely to be more honest.

2) Rage.  I wrote fan fic for Sliders because the producers fucked over that series so badly.  (it was mostly comedy stuff which savaged everything the producers starting doing wrong)  Writing this stuff was a way for me to exorcise my rage in a safe, amusing, healthy way.

Offline callmeMRTIBBS

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • Prototype-Designs
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
Great Riff.  Kevin and Bill were awesome as usual.  Its a little different not having mike in there- but I really enjoyed it.  And look forward to other "presents..."

I agree with a previous poster...I honestly will probably not waste my time with the Dark Water...just because the solo riffs usually leave me pretty cold.  I love Mike- don't get me wrong.  But the formula just isn't the same when there is no one to play off of.  Or even just another voice to mix it up.

As for the the episode itself.  Yes most of the acting was abysmal...and Spock was so incredibly femmye it was hilarious.  However, I was impressed at the production value for this low budget production.  And the obvious passion the filmmakers have for the subject.  This can't be a cheap hobby.

And hell- the effects and production value were better than most movies shown in 10 years of mst3k.

Look forward to the future riffs.