Author Topic: Thoughts / Favorite Lines  (Read 16917 times)

Offline GoldieLucks

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
Re: Thoughts / Favorite Lines
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 02:09:11 AM »
And last but not least, "PACKERS!"  Thanks, Bill!   ;D
5 out of 4 people can't do fractions.

"It's true, sometimes I go into my own little world,
but it's all right, they know me there."  --Hodgson

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:46 AM »
"Zombie Woof!"

Love a good Zappa nod from Kevin.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 01:11:53 PM »
Pretty good movie, and a pretty good Rifftrax. I admit I teared up over the whole dog scene, but the riffing made it easier to take (and ruined the whole scene  :D). And man, Will Smith can act. I've seen a ton of movies about the end of humanity and what not. This was one of the better ones by far.

The rubber ducky line made me bust my gut.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »
Yeah, Will in the behind the scenes stuff just acts like Will, and he looks really young. But in the movie he seems really old, and acts like Hancock. But rather than thinking he's a good actor, this makes me think he's a good liar. And it's not the acting part that's lying. It's making it look like he's continuously acting from one shot to the next that's lying, and unlike some nutty Jim Carrey who stays in character, he just turns it on and off like a lightswitch. So he's lying to us. He's not really the character for any significant amount of time. Great job lying, but I find more respect for the actors who are really messed up and affected by their roles and not just playing pretend in a million dollar sandbox and cracking jokes in between takes. Will acting serious is like Luke saying, "NOOOO!" in Empire Strikes Back. It works, but he'll end up voicing Black Joker in twelve years.

Offline Gamera

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • VincentCalenzo.com
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »
Yeah, Will in the behind the scenes stuff just acts like Will, and he looks really young. But in the movie he seems really old, and acts like Hancock. But rather than thinking he's a good actor, this makes me think he's a good liar. And it's not the acting part that's lying. It's making it look like he's continuously acting from one shot to the next that's lying, and unlike some nutty Jim Carrey who stays in character, he just turns it on and off like a lightswitch. So he's lying to us. He's not really the character for any significant amount of time. Great job lying, but I find more respect for the actors who are really messed up and affected by their roles and not just playing pretend in a million dollar sandbox and cracking jokes in between takes. Will acting serious is like Luke saying, "NOOOO!" in Empire Strikes Back. It works, but he'll end up voicing Black Joker in twelve years.

That's one of the more retarded things I've read in a while. 

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
And yet it was true, unique, and mildly amusing, unlike your negative retard-hating post. Why don't you go drown some kittens, Nancy?

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »

Kevin Michael Richardson voices "Black Joker" :P
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
Great job lying, but I find more respect for the actors who are really messed up and affected by their roles and not just playing pretend in a million dollar sandbox and cracking jokes in between takes. Will acting serious is like Luke saying, "NOOOO!" in Empire Strikes Back. It works, but he'll end up voicing Black Joker in twelve years.

Can you imagine if every single actor and actress in Hollywood was messed up that way? It wouldn't be a movie town, it'd be a huge mental and rehab clinic (I mean, way more than it already is). I realize genius sits very close to mental instability, but I've got just as much respect for folks in the craft driven mad by their work as folks who excel at their craft and manage to keep it together.

As for Will Smith, he recently converted to Scientology so there's a bit of the messed up you're looking for.  ;)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
That's just a rumour actually. The point is, Will Smith is too damn silly to be a respected actor. He's just silly. In fact I find him very similar to Johh Travolta in his childlike wonderment of things. Last I checked, people still think Travolta is silly too.

He sang the same song in I Am Legend that he sang in Shark Tale, and he forced them to use his daughter to play his daughter. That's just silly, dammit.

Offline Cloake

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »
I've noticed that the Thoughts and Favorite Lines topics have been merged in the last few movies.  I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I actually preferred them separated.  I haven't watched the track yet, so I just wanted to read what people thought about it, but I see people are mostly just posting quotes here, which I'd really rather hear on the track before I read them.

I'm not hardcore bitching about it, or anything, just giving my two cents, take them as you will.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
Typically people will mention their favorite lines when they say why they liked the track, so I don't think you could avoid quotes if you tried.

Offline Cloake

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »
Well, the main point I was trying to get across was not that I'm frantically trying to avoid quotes, but just that I liked having a topic that focused mainly on people's thoughts about the tracks, without getting too cluttered with quotes.  Again, just my opinion--not complaining or anything.

nummy muffin

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »
K, here's a non-quote thought.  Did anyone else feel thankful that the riff clarified whether that kid was a boy or a girl?

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »
Another strong riff!  My favorite line was the Jericho shoutout.  Which is probably because I'm one of those butthurt fans.  LMFAO
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 12:50:19 AM »
K, here's a non-quote thought.  Did anyone else feel thankful that the riff clarified whether that kid was a boy or a girl?
Did they? Did the riff do that? I found out later that it was Will's nepotis... DAUGHTER, I mean daughter. But no, I couldn't tell when watching the movie. I thought it was a boy that was typically girlish in that Hollywood fashion, until it squeeled and then I figured well I sure hope it's actually a girl. I think he does say "she" or "daughter" when he says he named her Marley, which is almost as dumb as Will's kids' actual names. But before that I wasn't sure.