Author Topic: My Riff doesn't sync with my DVD  (Read 3407 times)

Offline squeezy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
My Riff doesn't sync with my DVD
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »
Yesterday I downloaded the three riff star wars set. I downloaded the NTSC versions since I live in US. popped in the DVD and started watching. Shortly in it I realized it didn't seem to be going together, then DisembAudio came in, and sure enough it was off by a good 5 seconds. The next sync DisembAudio did was also off, but this time by much more.

I haven't tried this on my other two DVDs yet, but I was wondering what could be going on. Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
Re: My Riff doesn't sync with my DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »
How are you watching?  Rifftrax Player?  DVD player and a separate MP3 player?
I thought I was Dale.

Offline squeezy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »
I'm watching the DVD in my Mac and using iTunes to sync with it. Neither get paused during playback. I'm wondering if I got the wrong DVD version somehow... it doesn't say it's extended or anything though.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »
There isn't a problem with the synch of any of our trax and the Star Wars prequel DVDs have only one version.

What are you using to play the movie and MP3?  Also, just want to make sure you're using actual DVDs, not a video file or anything like that.

Offline squeezy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 03:13:29 PM »
I'm using DVD Player (name of the app) to play the movie and iTunes to playback the mp3. Definitely the DVD I'm playing from.

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »
I'm using DVD Player (name of the app) to play the movie and iTunes to playback the mp3. Definitely the DVD I'm playing from.
How old is your mac?  I ask because I've noticed that lower powered computers and DVD players will sometimes stop to catch their breath for an almost imperceptible period of time between scenes.  For a longer DVD with tons of scene changes, this might add up as viewing progresses.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 341
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 12:48:24 AM »
You sure you grabbed the right ones, it's just the description certainly reads like its the wrong format.