Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: I, Robot (And State of the Riffing)  (Read 12872 times)

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Riff Raff Theater: I, Robot (And State of the Riffing)
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »
Hey all,

After finishing our live performance of TRON, we made a few announcements as to the next couple events happening in our neck of the woods and on the 'net, so allow me to bring everyone up to speed here.

First, we're pleased to announce that the Englert will be having us back on June 27th, 2008 for our live performance of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I am not sure when tickets will be going on sale, but I'll keep everyone posted as to any new developments.

Second, our next project for everyone is Armegeddon. By popular demand, we'll be taking on a Michael Bay flick. Pray to god that I don't claw my eyes out while working on a movie that's 2 hours and 40 minutes long. This will definitely be a challenge, and we'll need everyone to be at top form to take on this bastard.

Update, May 1st -- After a licensing hiccup, we've had to put Armegeddon on indefinite hiatus. Our project due June 27th is the movie I, Robot. We will post a subtitle file for DVD reauthoring soon. We apologize for all the confusion, and stress that this was out of our hands. Thanks.

In order to ensure that we really wring everything we can out of everyone's scripts, we're having our script deadline set on the day of the LXG show -- June 27th. That gives everyone 2 months to digest this piece of drivel and dish out every comeback they can at an asteroid the size of Texas.

Now, with that out of the way, let's go through all the current projects on our plate.

HARRY POTTER -- I heard a rumor and I need to squash it now: we will NOT be re-recording Harry Potter. I think I've actually stated this before, but I wanted to say it again just to make things clear. We'll be putting the page back online soon, but I believe it's still available over BitTorrent quite easily.

SPEED -- Speed is 80% edited and needs a new intro, which our sound engineer apparently lost after we recorded it. I am moving into my new place next weekend, and one of the first things I'll be doing is building my office/recording studio, so that we can get that out of the way. We will be sending free copies to all of the writers, well before it's available on the website. This is part of our way of saying thanks for waiting this long for us to get this out to you.

TRON -- Tron will be recorded at some point between now and June 27th, with the intention of being available for download at that time. I'm hoping before June 1st, but the entire RRT team has been relaxing this weekend and we haven't touched base since wrapping up the show.

LXG -- The scripts have already gone through the preliminary edit and we'll begin our part of the process very soon, probably this week. I will say up front that of what I've seen of the scripts, this has the potential to be our strongest riff yet. We'll announce prize winners the night of the show.

ARMEGEDDON I, Robot-- You should be writing it. Like, nowish. Cmon, chop chop. Yes, there will be prizes for Armegeddon I, Robot, I hope to announce those soon.

I'll post a report of the TRON show along with photos soon enough, I'm waiting to hear back from everyone for their insights and discuss what we want to work on for the next show.

-Chris
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:29:29 PM by ChrisHanel »

anais.jude

Re: Riff Raff Theater: Armegeddon (and State of the Riffing)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:52:37 PM »
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!

and i can make the live show!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
I fully intend to be at the next live show, and I already have ideas written down for the Armaggeddon riff.  Should be fun, and thanks for the longer timeframe on this one.  2 hrs 40 minutes is a ton.   Look forward to hearing more about the show. 

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »
Which version?

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:04:18 PM »
Which version?

Good question. I'll investigate and have an answer in 24 hours.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 03:37:19 AM »
I will also be at the LXG live riffing.  It'll be nice to meet some more of you Rifftrax boardies.  BTW, bettertommorowamy, if you come to the LXG live riffing stick around and hang out after the show this time!

I'll start working on an Armageddon script later this week.  I'd say that it should be fun but the deep hurting of sitting through a 2 hour 40 minute Michael Bay movie might just kill me.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »
I need to try and write a script for this one.  I barely got anything written for Speed (and I have no idea what lines, if any, made it in) and missed out on LXG altogether.

Will there be one of those time code thingees, so we can do a reauthor of our Armageddon DVD's?  I'd like to try that for this one.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 06:05:28 AM »
Will there be one of those time code thingees, so we can do a reauthor of our Armageddon DVD's?  I'd like to try that for this one. 

Yep:

Also, we will be making a post soon officially announcing Armageddon as the next project (this fact has already been revealed from the programs, as well as the submission deadline of 06/27/08)... at that time, we'll give any instructions that are different from last time, as well as provide the .srt file for those who want to reauthor their DVD to include the writing timecode.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 07:14:10 AM »

Which version?

ANSWER!

We're riffing the theatrical, non-Criterion edition. The duration of the movie should be 151 minutes. It's the version that pops up as #1 if you search for Armegeddon on Amazon.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 07:17:25 AM »
Excellent.  Now all I need is the .srt timecode file and I'll be ready to go.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
Will be uploaded later today, stay tuned.

-Chris

Offline David

• Liked: 48

Offline David

• Liked: 48
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
A concern of mine about this movie.

I got the DVD, and it said "Widescreen", but it was not 16:9! It was black barred 4:3! Yes, because every TV is 4:3.
Is every Armageddon DVD like this?

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
I slapped that up yesterday; does the link not work?

http://www.riffrafftheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/armageddon.srt
http://www.riffrafftheater.com/?p=34

Oops.  Sorry.  Totally forgot to check your website because it's been dead for so long.  I thought we'd know about it here first.   :P

Anyway, excellent.  Let the riffage begin.