login

Author Topic: Video Games that need to be a book?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 7
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • My author website
Re: Video Games that need to be a book?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
Also, I fully endorse Fortis' desire to write a Metroid book.  ;D

Thanks, I thought about making it a two parter...the first book would be about Samus growing up and joining the Galactic Army where she meets Adam Malkovich. It would have flashbacks into her childhood to explain the vendetta she has against the space pirates, and why she is such a good fighter.

The second book would be about her becoming a bounty hunter and personally hunting down the Space Pirates
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or perhaps just make the one book that starts after her parents are killed by the Space Pirates, and then go to the point where she becomes a Bounty Hunter, than the story wouldn't hinder the games at all, and perhaps add a little more depth.

I would like to do it a lot, it would be really fun developing a fun character for Samus Aran.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »
Just as long as she kicks ass, I'm 100% behind it. I'll buy multiple copies and force people to read it.

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »
Just as long as she kicks ass, I'm 100% behind it. I'll buy multiple copies and force people to read it.

Sounds good, I'll get started on a plot outline...hmm wonder how I would send it to Nintendo...need to work on query letters.

And don't worry, Samus will put all other people in this book to shame in terms of awesomeness.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »
Some great ideas already on here, I to would be interested in some Zelda stories, though I do realize I love the blank-slate concept on Link.  I realized it really helps me identify with the character as I play.

Two of my favorite game series to play are Star Fox and Sly Cooper, either one of them could possibly have good translations in text or comic book forms.  I know there has been at least one Sly Cooper comic that was given away free at game stores, I have a copy somewhere, but a full series of them with actual long term story arcs would be a lot of fun.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »
I think Star Fox would make a great comic book, I'm not sure how well it would do under the scrutiny of a novel though.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 04:40:06 AM »
I think Star Fox would make a great comic book, I'm not sure how well it would do under the scrutiny of a novel though.

If you can get past the characters being animals I think it'd work, but yeah, comics would probably be the way to go...just hopefully they turn out better than the short comics we got stuck into Nintendo Power when the original game came out.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »

If you can get past the characters being animals I think it'd work, but yeah, comics would probably be the way to go...just hopefully they turn out better than the short comics we got stuck into Nintendo Power when the original game came out.

I did read a Star Fox short story once and I swore I'd never read another one. I shan't repeat what the story was about, for there are delicate sensibilities here (namely me), but I will say that it was a crash course introduction to the world of furries.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »
I did read a Star Fox short story once and I swore I'd never read another one. I shan't repeat what the story was about, for there are delicate sensibilities here (namely me), but I will say that it was a crash course introduction to the world of furries.

No degeneration of the thread is allowed, people. Back on topic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:17:48 PM by Jinto »

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
A star craft or war craft book would work...and has the potential to be freaking awesome

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
There are several starcraft and warcraft books out there, though I've only read one, so I can't attest to the quality of them all. There are even Diablo books, and the one I have I thought was extemely good.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »

To clarify, I assume we want TALENTED authors to write these books, not sad pathetic fan-boys and fan-girls writing about the kind of sex they wish was real.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
The Fallout series of games need books, too, I think. Post-apocalyptic story telling that's better than Mad Max.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 02:43:30 AM »

To clarify, I assume we want TALENTED authors to write these books, not sad pathetic fan-boys and fan-girls writing about the kind of sex they wish was real.

Well, there goes my book. So much for The Erotic Adventures of Dig Dug. Ah well...

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
I wouldn't mind curling up with a series of books based on Phoenix Wright.

Of course, they're ALMOST books already. But anything for more Phoenix Wright! :^)

Offline zoom

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »
Books that should never be:
Half-life Diaries.  Accounts of the Black Mesa incident told by Gordon Freeman.  TOLD by Gordon Freeman.  Page count: 2
Spider-man 3 the movie, the game, the novelization.  Now with even more random unrelated plot points spliced in.
Mass Effect plot your own course/role playing book.  Do you want to try and find a diplomatic means of ending this conversation or just blow their head off?  See page Paragon 665 or page Renegade 1435.  The Paragon pages would be blue and the Renegade would be red.. cause you know, bad guys always are red.
Rock Band strategy guide... Wait.. there's actually one of those...

Pardon my attempt a humor.  Now for the real suggestions:
Paper Mario pop up book.  Really, stop laughing.  I think it could be a cute book for kids.
A Zelda book of some type like others have suggested.
I'd also like to see a Doom comic book.  I think there's been some books on Doom, but the hellish demons just scream to be seen.