login

Author Topic: Player won't start . . . period  (Read 1135 times)

Offline tarsus

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Player won't start . . . period
« on: August 22, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »
I tried searching for this issue, but couldn't find any posts:

When I start the RiffTrax player, the Rifftrax logo comes up, fades out, and then . . . nothing.  Absolutely nothing happens; no error messages or anything.  I can see in Task Manager that the RiffTrax.exe process is running, but the program simply doesn't start.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Offline bigdave

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Player won't start . . . period
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »
I finally got the player to work. I hope this helps.
1. download rifftrax player. Close the player after you have it downloaded.
2. Put the movie you want to watch into the dvd drive.
3. Go to your files at rifftrax.com. I'll use the movie I am going to watch next as an example.
4. I click on starwarsanewhope.riff
5. The screen shows "file download."
6. Click on save.
7. The "save as screen" comes up.
8. On the "save in" tab make sure it states "desktop."
9. Click "save"
10. You are now downloading to desktop. When this is done it will say download complete.
11. Click the red X to eliminate the download complete screen.
12. Minimize everything so that only your desktop is showing.
13. On your desktop you will see the riff you just saved to desktop and the rifftrax player.
14. Left click and hold the riff on your desktop and drag it over the rifftrax player. Release the left click.
15. In about 30 seconds the player springs to life.
16. Click on load rifftrax.
17. Open rifftrax file screen opens.
18. Left click the movie you want to watch and drag it to the "file name tab." Click open.
19. You are now watching a rifftrax movie.
Note: I recv'd several hundred error messages over the last four or five hours while trying to get a rifftrax movie to play. I would suggest just clicking on the red X every time an error message shows up. I am very pissed right now. This is considered a good movie riff delivery system by rifftrax tech. crew? I would like to fill this reply w/ a billlion cuss words right now aimed directly at the affore mentioned tech crew.
I'm glad I got this working and I hope some of you will be able to watch a rifftrax tonight.