Author Topic: Bill and Ted Remake  (Read 3644 times)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
Bill and Ted Remake
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
Re: Bill and Ted Remake
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:09:14 PM »
I read this on 4-3-08
didn't feel like posting it
 ;D
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
Excuse me while I say something you probably don't hear often.

NO ONE should play this part other than Keanu Reeves!  There can be no other Ted.  Also, Alex Winter is forever Bill S Preston!

They tried to explode this property after its initial success.  The animated series did okay by movie-spin-off animated series standards (helped by getting the original cast together with a great mind like Paul Dini in charge), but notice what happened when they tried a live action series with these characters played by different actors.  Wait you cant, no one actually saw this series.

I'm usually a big proponent of the "you can't condemn it until you actually watch it" but in this case can you honestly imagine Ted Theodore Logan played by anyone other than Keanu?  Keanu is Ted, dang it!  That's why he was so good in the role, he didn't have to act at all!
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »
Quote from: RoninFox
NO ONE should play this part other than Keanu Reeves!  There can be no other Ted.  Also, Alex Winter is forever Bill S Preston!

Actually... according to the article, it's less of a remake and more like "The Next Generation." I think it mentions that the new film takes places quite a few years after the original movies. Which isn't exactly better or anything, but at least they won't have new actors playing your beloved characters... at least, not in name anyway.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »

Actually... according to the article, it's less of a remake and more like "The Next Generation." I think it mentions that the new film takes places quite a few years after the original movies. Which isn't exactly better or anything, but at least they won't have new actors playing your beloved characters... at least, not in name anyway.

-Rude

and what article is this that's so different that what I just read?

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:29 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bill-And-Ted-s-Bogus-Remake-8380.html

I don't think it's so different... in fact, it may have just misquoted the original article. Or at least taken it out of context, because i can't imagine trying to market a Bill & Ted movie without Bill & Ted. Who knows, though? It's all just rumors at this point.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bill-And-Ted-s-Bogus-Remake-8380.html

I don't think it's so different... in fact, it may have just misquoted the original article. Or at least taken it out of context, because i can't imagine trying to market a Bill & Ted movie without Bill & Ted. Who knows, though? It's all just rumors at this point.

-Rude

The original Bill & Ted and the Wyld Stallions, are retired. The Restart is about two new high-school kids on the verge of failing who discover a way to travel through time using the phone.

I think what they're saying is that the original characters are gone, and they're starting fresh with a new Bill and Ted entirely.  It does say before that in the article that this is not a sequel, but a remake.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline GalvaTRION

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
  • Damn you, Bay.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »
There are some things that should never, ever happen for any reason whatsoever. This... is one of those things. Why don't we just remake Robocop while we're at it.

... oh yeah, that's happening too.

... Hollywood needs to get napalmed.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 09:50:33 PM »
Yeah, next they'll be remaking surf ninjas.  Are there no original ideas in the world anymore?

I seriously doubt we used them all.

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 7
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • My author website
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »
Excuse me while I say something you probably don't hear often.

They tried to explode this property after its initial success.  The animated series did okay by movie-spin-off animated series standards (helped by getting the original cast together with a great mind like Paul Dini in charge), but notice what happened when they tried a live action series with these characters played by different actors.  Wait you cant, no one actually saw this series.

I'm usually a big proponent of the "you can't condemn it until you actually watch it" but in this case can you honestly imagine Ted Theodore Logan played by anyone other than Keanu?  Keanu is Ted, dang it!  That's why he was so good in the role, he didn't have to act at all!

It was Kaunu's only good role...he was Ted.

I am Ted Theodore Logan!

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 11:09:32 PM »
Bill & Ted are two Year 10 students
So they're British now?

on the verge of failing their school year
That would be year 10, right? Just so we're on the same page...

They met Gandhi, Calamity Jane... the list goes on
Yeah, I hope so. That's not a very long list.

So now instead of just figures from history class, they have to present historical figures from math class, science class, art class, English class, Spanish class, social studies, gym and video production? That makes a lot more sense than the original.

I remember when I was in year 10, they made us write a two-hour Broadway musical in order to pass. That's why I'm homeless and have nothing now. Except for this laptop. And this yo-yo.

The original Bill & Ted and the Wyld Stallions, are retired.
So it takes place in a future utopia but kids still have to cheat to pass their exams?

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 11:25:41 PM »
The original Bill & Ted and the Wyld Stallions, are retired.
So it takes place in a future utopia but kids still have to cheat to pass their exams?

I think you guys are confusing "retired" characters with the characters retiring.  As Ronin said,  I think this sentence means: "The original actors who played Bill and Ted and the band name Wyld Stallions have been updated and replaced with this new band name and these new kids."

I don't think it means "Bill and Ted" and the "Wyld Stallions" are retired in this movie, living in a nursing home in Palm Springs or something.

I could be wrong.  It doesn't make sense in the story's canon to have them retired and some new band being the cause of a Utopian society after them, in almost exactly the same way, though.  So, I hope I'm not wrong.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:27:15 PM by AmandaGal »

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »
I actually thought it did mean that, in which case Wyld Stallions have not become the basis for a perfect society despite having Martians and Death as band members, and the year is 2008/2009 and the world has not changed despite the events of the first and second movies, regardless of the magazine articles during the end credits stating otherwise, and now there's two other kids who for some reason will have a very important band even though nothing could be very important after everything is perfect, and somehow all of this escaped the screenwriters because they really just wanted to remake the movie but more dudically gnarlsome and non-suxxors or something.

Okay, if "the names/characters of Bill and Ted and Wyld Stallions" have been retired, that was a weird way of putting it.

And Sonic Death Monkey is a way better band name.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 04:57:50 AM »
There are some things that should never, ever happen for any reason whatsoever. This... is one of those things. Why don't we just remake Robocop while we're at it.

... oh yeah, that's happening too.

Wait, what?

yup

MGM released an announcement, promoting a former Vice Chairman of Worldwide Production for Universal Pictures to a Chairperson at the studio. In the same announcement, MGM mentions some of the franchises that will continue on the big screen, including "The Outer Limits" and "Robocop."

"MGM is planning an exciting fall and winter release schedule. In partnership with Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM will bring new installments of two of its tentpole franchises -- the new James Bond movie Quantum of Solace and Steve Martin in Pink Panther 2. MGM will also release United Artists' international thriller Valkyrie, starring Tom Cruise on October 3. With the appointment of Parent, MGM will enter its new phase of evolution by focusing on its major movie franchises highlighted by James Bond and Pink Panther sequels, The Hobbit, Thomas Crown Affair 2, The Outer Limits, Robocop, Death Wish and Fame, among others."

We've previously heard some rumors about a potential rejuvenation of the "Robocop" franchise, but since it has already made into an MGM announcement, it has clearly reached the in-talks stage. Whether this will be a continuation, a remake or a re-imagining is yet to be known. Stay tuned.
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT