Author Topic: Shorts DVD Covers  (Read 58489 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Shorts DVD Covers
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »

MrTorso, we're looking in your general direction...   ::)

Soon:

What's this "soon" crap?    Get in there boy and make me a cover!   

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
I have the back done. I just been having a problem realizing my front cover. BTW my Volume 1 is all the shorts up to Are You Popular. Anything released now will be on volume 2 as far as my covers go.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
I have the back done. I just been having a problem realizing my front cover. BTW my Volume 1 is all the shorts up to Are You Popular. Anything released now will be on volume 2 as far as my covers go.

Yeah, the troublesome front.     Too bad Rhino actually had a good idea with all the colored boxer shorts.    And something with an old time film projector just seemed to rip off Josh's.   

I tried doing something with a picture of a 1950's classes staring blankly as an old time school projector ran, but I could not find the right image on the net.   That might look good?

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
Quote from: PSLOwner
And something with an old time film projector just seemed to rip off Josh's.

Huh? I think i must be looking at the wrong images if you see a film projector on Josh's covers somewhere:

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:49 PM »
Quote from: PSLOwner
And something with an old time film projector just seemed to rip off Josh's.

Huh? I think i must be looking at the wrong images if you see a film projector on Josh's covers somewhere:

-Rude

I should have been more clear, sorry about that.   I mean the covers that he uses for his own public domain shorts collections.

Offline Rude

• Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

Oh... gotcha! I don't think that i've ever seen those ones. I'll have to go take a look-see sometime~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »

Oh... gotcha! I don't think that i've ever seen those ones. I'll have to go take a look-see sometime~

-Rude

Not that I am out pimping for the man or anything, but you should.   They are a riot.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »
Hey MrTorso, are you putting Signal 30 on your cover?  Cuz I don't have that one, and don't really know how to get it without having divx.  But considering it's only the first couple minutes of a longer short, I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »
Hey MrTorso, are you putting Signal 30 on your cover?  Cuz I don't have that one, and don't really know how to get it without having divx.  But considering it's only the first couple minutes of a longer short, I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.

I am not putting it on there.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »
I just wish I were clever enough to use any of these in the front cover as I love the bored to death class room look and, well, these shorts surely bored a lot of classrooms in their day........   Then again, these look like the 30's and not the 50's.

Sigh, I hate when an idea smashes into a brick wall.

Offline Rude

• Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »

Heh. Heh. Heh...

-Rude

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

Gammer has the whole clip in windows media player format on his site.   If you want it in another format anyway. 

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »

I just had a dark thought.....how many children in that photo are still alive?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
I am not sure that they were alive then!

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
That's a great picture, where did it come from?  The zombie children from the village of the damned have convinced me.  I will stand, erect.