login

Author Topic: Shorts DVD Covers  (Read 59921 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Shorts DVD Covers
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:20:26 PM »
I guess there really is not better spot to post your fan made Shorts DVD covers then here...

I threw this standard size case cover together to house my Vol 1 shorts DVD. Its fairly linear, but I think it gets the job done.
Feel free to use it...or not  :)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2948
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Shorts DVD Covers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »
Excellent!!

2 For 2 Today :clap: :clap:

Downloading Now & printing out.. THX!

And in case anyone else is making their covers based on the order of release, Here's a good place to reference..

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:01:01 AM by RVR II »

Janitor

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
Very nice!!!! Hey Gammer, what software do you use to create your final DVD, menus and all?

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
There's still plenty of room for more shorts on a DVD... at least for me. I even put Nestor on mine and there's still room. Is this the point where you call it a wrap for volume 1?

Also I use thinpaks because... you know... massive MST3K collection, little shelf space. But this is great!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »
There's still plenty of room for more shorts on a DVD... at least for me. I even put Nestor on mine and there's still room. Is this the point where you call it a wrap for volume 1?
If I remember correctly, the MST3k shorts were only 6 to 7 shorts on 1 DVD with a total time of 80 - 90 minutes, so this would seem like a good stopping point for the 1st set of RT shorts.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »
Very nice!!!! Hey Gammer, what software do you use to create your final DVD, menus and all?

DVD Lab Pro 2

Oh yeah, I could have fit another 3 shorts on a DVD, at least. But I wouldn't have room on my cover for all the write ups and what not.

Also I use thinpaks because... you know... massive MST3K collection, little shelf space. But this is great!

MrTorso, we're looking in your general direction...   ::)

Offline orionpaxxx

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • ...in a secret Halliburton bunker I wait
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »
Where did signal 30 come from?
If there was a transformer that was a hybrid, do you think the other Autobots would make fun of him or be envious?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
The very 1st short.. With the 'Visit to santa Claus' short

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
The very 1st short.. With the 'Visit to santa Claus' short

Yeah, it was a short demo to demonstrate what their new product would look like.   I think it was like a minute or two only.   

I've brainstormed several cover ideas and everything I come up with seems to be a rip off of either the Rhino shorts or Josh's shorts collection covers.   >:(

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »

I've brainstormed several cover ideas and everything I come up with seems to be a rip off of either the Rhino shorts or Josh's shorts collection covers.   >:(

I find multi-title DVD covers the hardest to make. The front's can be ok, but its hard to make the back look good with all the write-ups...lots of text.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »

Soon:

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »

Soon:

I really like that. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »

I find multi-title DVD covers the hardest to make. The front's can be ok, but its hard to make the back look good with all the write-ups...lots of text.

Really?   I have no issues with the back of the cover set I am coming up with, but the front..... shudder.... :-[

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
Also I use thinpaks because... you know... massive MST3K collection, little shelf space.

You are right, thinkpaks take up allot less space.
I guess I've always liked standard cases because I like being able to see what one I'm looking at from a short distance. Also, when we first started making the cases I've always done the standard one's and MrTorso has always done the thinpaks...that just the way it is!  ;)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 01:37:14 PM »
I was just thinking ahead as well as the fact that it is easier to print out thinpaks. I don't have to trick my printer into thinking paper is longer than it is and for the most part A4 photo paper, while it has gone down a little in price is still more expensive than regular size and harder to find in stores.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com