login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 133421 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 58
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1515 on: November 07, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
1111 Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II
Boy...season 11. After watching a lot of "original run" episodes lately but not being able to decide on an episode to watch tonight, I decided to watch this one again. First off, my short term memory sucks because Season 11 is new and I've watched all the episodes except the Christmas episode at least twice (intentionally holding out on watching that episode again until December when I'll watch it and Santa and Santa vs Mars) but I still didn't remember very much about this one other than the little wizard being one of the most annoying charaxters ever filmed. Didn't care much for the host segments and dislike the art direction epitomized in the pop up book host segment in this episode. Enough good riffs that I didn't hate it, but riffing not on par with the terribleness of the movie. Really needed to be an episode where Deep Hurting or something similar was reintroduced.

Online Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 6
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #1516 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
Attack of The The Eye Creatures

Such a strange, poorly made movie.  I was confused by some of the riffing, because they were making fun of the fact that the movie called it night time when it was obviously day.  I was like "Wait.... is the movie actually claiming that it's night time?  They couldn't be.  Anyone can see that it's day."

It was just so intensely lazily done.  At least when movies like Plan 9 switch randomly from day to night between shots, they're not intentionally calling it night in bright sunlight.  Or movies will at least wait for a CLOUDY day.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4950
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1517 on: November 14, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
Attack of The The Eye Creatures

Such a strange, poorly made movie.  I was confused by some of the riffing, because they were making fun of the fact that the movie called it night time when it was obviously day.  I was like "Wait.... is the movie actually claiming that it's night time?  They couldn't be.  Anyone can see that it's day."

It was just so intensely lazily done.  At least when movies like Plan 9 switch randomly from day to night between shots, they're not intentionally calling it night in bright sunlight.  Or movies will at least wait for a CLOUDY day.
Most of the time day for night issues are due to filming time constraints. And low budget movies are more prone to that. The laziness is in how little some movies try to cover that up. The worst being just a blue filter added in post production. Or in the case of black and white movies just ignoring it.

Online Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 6
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #1518 on: November 15, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
Fire Maidens From Outer Space

I believe this is the last Joel episode I have to watch; all the ones I haven't seen yet are Mike episodes, thankfully.

I got a lot of deja vu watching it.  There was some instrumental piece of music that kept playing and I could have sworn I watched this before.  Also, it's one of those formulaic old black and white movies about astronauts who go to a planet with a bunch of women and then the male lead inexplicably falls in love with one of them after knowing her all of 10 minutes.  So a movie type this common is bound to arouse some sense of deja vu.

It was boring, and I kept falling asleep in the middle of it, so I sort of watched it in nonsequential sections.  I guess the plot would have made more sense if I had been more alert, but I doubt it.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #1519 on: November 15, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
Timmy and all the scenes of characters smoking made Fire Maidens a decent enough episode for me (not that I enjoy watching people smoke, but it probably sets the record for most scenes of characters smoking outside of a Cheech and Chong movie).

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1520 on: November 16, 2017, 05:41:07 AM »
1112 Carnival Magic

This episode gets better the more times I watch it. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the terribleness (terribility?) of it gets more tolerable and enjoyable, sort of like an acquired taste. I think it's because I understand the movie the more I watch it, so there's that.