Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174667 times)

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #960 on: May 07, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »
After The Deadly Mantis I had to go back and watch Radar Secret Service.  Great "Red Pavement" style short to start off, a little slow to start the movie but by the end I'm cracking up every time that thing on top of the car shows up.  Great stuff.

"Radar!  Makes scenes look ALMOST identical!"

"Why don't they look?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:38:32 PM by byuni »

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #961 on: May 07, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
Mike said at last year's comic con that Hamlet was their most hated episode.  Wonder why?  ???

Backlash from Theatre and English majors?
When English majors write you complaint letters, they tend to be really long.

But correctly formatted.

Maybe these complainers just heard the title and got mad, but didn't actually watch the episode and didn't realize it was that version of Hamlet. :) Or maybe the version of Hamlet was so painful to those who know the text that they can't find the humor past the misery. Sounds like an interesting research paper to me.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #962 on: May 07, 2010, 09:57:27 PM »
I had just assumed it was a silly childlike mispronounciation joke, like how Hellboy says "pamcakes."

It was a joke about one of the names in the credits....so sort of.

spaceforarent

« Reply #963 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »
Speaking of Hamlet, I love this scene from South Park. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104213/

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #964 on: May 08, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
418 - Attack of the The Eye Creatures. Great riffing on the movie ("I know, I know - I look like that bulldog in the Warner Bros. cartoon." ; "Boy, it's really DARK out tonight!"), though the host segments are mostly okay, with really only the last host segment ("They Just didn't care") being memorable.

Although, how they did that squirting paper gag...That I wanna know. Props to them for that one!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2398
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #965 on: May 08, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
Mike said at last year's comic con that Hamlet was their most hated episode.  Wonder why?  ???

Backlash from Theatre and English majors?
When English majors write you complaint letters, they tend to be really long.

But correctly formatted.

Maybe these complainers just heard the title and got mad, but didn't actually watch the episode and didn't realize it was that version of Hamlet. :) Or maybe the version of Hamlet was so painful to those who know the text that they can't find the humor past the misery. Sounds like an interesting research paper to me.
yeah the only two reasons I can think of hating that episode are being offended that any version of Hamlet would be mocked or being bored at the horrible monotone acting (even Montalban as the dubbed voice of Claudius just sounded bored, what the hell) but the riffing always keeps me interested.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

spaceforarent

« Reply #966 on: May 08, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Currently watching on of my favorites, The Sinister Urge.

Kline!

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #967 on: May 08, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »
Just finished up a volume XVII marathon.

The Crawling eye
The Beatniks
The Final sacrifice
Blood Waters of Dr. Z

Those 4 really show the evolution of the show.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #968 on: May 09, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
even Montalban as the dubbed voice of Claudius just sounded bored, what the hell

WHAT?!?!?!? Really?!?! I'll have to listen again. Crazy bit of trivia! Poor Ricardo!

I can't help wondering if the movie is better in German--like maybe the bad dubbing killed it, making the acting seem worse and slowing it all down. But I doubt it's too much better.

ANYWAY. I watched........... WILD WORLD OF THE BATWOMEN. THis one is worse even than Angels Revenge. Man. Funny but painful, especially "Ching chang chong chung". Chinese doesn't SOUND like that! AAAAA!!!! Hilarious thought. :)
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #969 on: May 09, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »
ANYWAY. I watched........... WILD WORLD OF THE BATWOMEN. THis one is worse even than Angels Revenge. Man. Funny but painful, especially "Ching chang chong chung". Chinese doesn't SOUND like that! AAAAA!!!! Hilarious thought. :)

I love that riff, one of the few times I had an obscure joke pop into my head and they said nearly the same thing on screen, it was during the meeting when the 2 girls were doing the tug of war with the horseshoe in the background....

Offline Kabibble22

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Oh, hai forum
« Reply #970 on: May 10, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »
Just finished "Invasion of the Neptune Men", and oddly enough I don't think I had watched this one before.  Not sure how I missed this gem.  I haven't really watched any MST3K lately since I've been trying to catch up on my RiffTrax, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  Everything had me laughing pretty good, especially the whole "Roji Panty Complex" recurring joke.  I'm now thinking about going back and watching all those episodes I've got that have been collecting dust.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
even Montalban as the dubbed voice of Claudius just sounded bored, what the hell

WHAT?!?!?!? Really?!?! I'll have to listen again. Crazy bit of trivia! Poor Ricardo!

It's definitely Montalban, but it sounds like he's on percocet or something. So uncharacterisitc of him.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
Racket girls.

another absolutely terrible, awful, unwatchable movie.  The short was great, the skits are good, but...goddamn, those wrestling scenes last FOREVER.

I think S6 is perhaps my least favorite since S1.

Yea... there do appear to be some stinkers in S6... I could never really get into the Coleman Francsis trifecta or Racket Girls... and altho the names escape me at the moment, I vaguely recall a few other "riffing only slightly dulls the pain" featured movies. Invasion USA maybe, that was a S6 I think.... Anyhoo, there is a lot to like as well... Girls Town is one of my all time favs... and then there is:

The Last of the Wild Horses

The really fun host segments, leading to the Mads entering the theater and getting some riffing work, sets the pace for this one. The source movie is a little dull, but never painful. While the riffing isn't the best they've ever done, there is a lot to like here. I never felt bored. Not an all-time great, but a very solid episode.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #973 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
408 - Hercules Unchained. I Great little episode, this. "That's nice. Ever thought of putting two similar sentences together?" "Not the bass fiddle table!" *Hercules knocks down a door* "Knock knock. HA!"

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #974 on: May 14, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
501: you know with the paper chase guy.
You'll DIE Laughing!