login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174678 times)

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #720 on: January 12, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
The Deadly Bees.  Love all the riffs on the hideous wife.  :D

Have you seen the dog's meat? (Best stinger EVER)

He'll only take it from me, most disgusting conversation ever.

*sigh* Has the hate gone out of our marriage?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4423
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #721 on: January 13, 2010, 04:20:19 AM »
Last night, it was a Double Feature starting with East Meets Watts, then Plan 9 Live DVDs :o
Very Entertaining night 8)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #722 on: January 13, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
pumaman

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5861
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #723 on: January 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »
pumaman

He flies like a moron!

He has the power to rear project major cities!

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #724 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
Daddy-O.  Although I'm usually put off by the movies that MST3k did that weren't Sci-Fi or horror, they usually turn out to be pretty great episodes, and Daddy-O is no exception.  It's consistently funny throughout, and has a great musical skit by Joel and the bots where they take the piss out of the lead actor's trousers. 

"Want some?"

I have finally moved into 2002 and I have been actually getting some from the internets and burning and watching them.  Ones I'd never seen before were

Lost Continent
Teen Age Crime Wave
Invasion USA
Radar Secret Service
Brute Man (this one's on deck)

So my VHS tapes get relegated to a box and I get to see a bunch of MST3Ks I've never seen before.  I call that a win.

-dale
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:11:22 PM by dalem »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2010, 08:46:53 PM »
What the hell is going on in Cosmic Princess?!?!?  I payed attention to it, and I still have no clue...  Naked Lunch made more sense.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #726 on: January 14, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #727 on: January 15, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »
I just watched Humanoid Woman last night.  Posted my review at http://www.theunabeefer.com/ in my year-long-a-thon.   :D
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #728 on: January 15, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
What the hell is going on in Cosmic Princess?!?!?  I payed attention to it, and I still have no clue...  Naked Lunch made more sense.

Well, the moon gets blown out of orbit and even though they can control where it goes somehow, they don't take it back to circle Earth. They go to a planet to get some mineral they need but Brian Blessed is there and traps one of their ships to get slave labor.  Holds some of the people hostage to get the others to give themselves up and come down to the planet. His shape-shifting daughter has a conscience so she helps then defeat him and escape and she goes with.

Second episode...I mean, half of the movie, shape-shifter gets sick and starts having fever dreams that cause her to turn into a monster and they have to figure out if they'll have to kill her or not before she kills everyone.  But they get through to her and she gets better.  Meanwhile another ship with the star of the series on board gets lost and they fret about if they're going to find them or not (which, like I said, the star of the series was on board....).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #729 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »

Well, the moon gets blown out of orbit and even though they can control where it goes somehow, they don't take it back to circle Earth. They go to a planet to get some mineral they need but Brian Blessed is there and traps one of their ships to get slave labor.  Holds some of the people hostage to get the others to give themselves up and come down to the planet. His shape-shifting daughter has a conscience so she helps then defeat him and escape and she goes with.

Second episode...I mean, half of the movie, shape-shifter gets sick and starts having fever dreams that cause her to turn into a monster and they have to figure out if they'll have to kill her or not before she kills everyone.  But they get through to her and she gets better.  Meanwhile another ship with the star of the series on board gets lost and they fret about if they're going to find them or not (which, like I said, the star of the series was on board....).
W-w-w-wait a minute! MST3K did a movie with BRIAN BLESSED in it?! I must see this NOW!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »

Thank you!!!  It actually makes a bit of sense now!!!  (honestly)

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #731 on: January 18, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
502 - Hercules

This has some AMAZING riffing, the skits on the other hand are pretty average.

The movie is fun and you get a great job by the guys on this one!

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #732 on: January 20, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
Been on a kick:

PHANTOM PLANET---one of the best of the 50s movies, definitely. proof that you can ruin a sci fi movie with too much explaining. of course I love those immortal words about the good and the beautiful, but my favorite line really is the king's line: "But I am deeply plagued with regret when forced to destroy". The skits rock my socks (I love when the skits come organically from the movie), esp the skit where Mike plays Arabesque on the water glasses. Brilliant. Movie wise I can't help thinking, if people are balloons, why not just put the girlfriend on the ship, let her breathe earth oxygen, and then have her become earth sized?

MOLE PEOPLE----this is my favorite of the 50s episodes, by far, I think, because it's not a bad concept and they clearly spent some time on this movie, but it's STILL terrible! so to me it's even more pathetic than something like Manos which could have the excuse, "Well I only took one day". Plus Mole People clearly has a better budget than other MST movies, so that's even worse. Plus I hate John Agar anyway.

2nd SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER REVIEW-----I especially love the riff of the Armageddon section, since it's such a stupid movie, and I hope RT does the whole film. Also love the Deep Impact riff because, MAN, that chick is TERRIBLE----no one who mumbles that much would ever become an anchor woman. And I love Crow's "De Pimp Act". Makes me laugh every time.

GUNSLINGER---for me most of these episodes aren't as funny the first time as they are the second time, etc, and sometimes they take a couple viewings before they're really funny----this has nothing to do with the excellent riffing, this is simply me getting over the general confusion of what's going on and the trauma of how bad it is. well this time I watched this one I FINALLY was able to get over the pain and just enjoy the jokes. Favorite line EVER: "This movie is sitting on my head and crushing it!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #733 on: January 20, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
KTMA 13:  SST Death Flight

My personal favourite movie they have ever riffed.  I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!   My slight review: http://theunabeefer.blogspot.com/2010/01/0013-sst-death-flight.html

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #734 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
KTMA 13:  SST Death Flight

My personal favourite movie they have ever riffed.  I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!   My slight review: http://theunabeefer.blogspot.com/2010/01/0013-sst-death-flight.html
Hmm... sounds interesting. I've never been able to get into the KTMA episodes due to such a low frequency of jokes. Might give this one a try if the movie is funny on it's own.