login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174809 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #435 on: May 12, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
Um, packers?
Packers?
YAY PACKERS!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
I watched Giant Spider Invasion last night, I forgot how funny that one was.

That's one of my favorites.  First time watching it I was in serious pain from laughing so hard.

Offline Crow T. Robot 666

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Do not offend the chair leg of truth.
    • Teeth of the Divine
« Reply #437 on: May 13, 2009, 06:00:17 PM »
Blood Waters of Dr. Z.  Holy shit is this bad.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #438 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
Danger: Diabolik

Great episode. What a classy way to go out.

Why does anyone do anything Ginco (the detective) tells them? He does nothing but screw up and come up with astonishingly stupid plans.

Does anyone else think this feels like three TV episodes tied together? The middle section with the emeralds has Valmont introduced and then dispached before the beginning of the Gold Bar section. It reminds me of the Master Ninja movies.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #439 on: May 16, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »
I absolutely love both Bloodwaters of Dr. Z and Diabolik.  Diabolik was a great finale and I loved the fact that they used a slightly different but sort of goofy/fun film for the last episode rather than a traditional bad horror/sci-fi thing.   For me, it made it more special. Plus, the film was extremely riffable. 

As far as Bloodwaters, the first few minutes of that movie are possibly my favorite in the whole series. The combination of their riffing with the film's ultra wacko narration and visuals here makes for MST perfection. The whole episode doesn't quite reach these early heights but it is still a great episode and one of their best movie choices ever.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #440 on: May 16, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
I was watching I Spy last night (the 1960s TV show, not the evil movie) and I recognized a chick in one of the episodes. Took me a while to place her, then suddenly I realized who she was, and cross checked her name in the credits with what I thought she was from. And I was right. She was the title character in Terror from the Year 5000! I thought that was weird---it's weird to see MST people in regular things, good things, esp. when they do good acting (as in this case).

anyway, last night I was Monster a Go Go for the first time. A few hilarious quips, but overall the movie was sooooooo bad it was too painful to watch. "This is a test. Had this been an actual film, you would have been entertained."
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #441 on: May 16, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
I was watching I Spy last night (the 1960s TV show, not the evil movie) and I recognized a chick in one of the episodes. Took me a while to place her, then suddenly I realized who she was, and cross checked her name in the credits with what I thought she was from. And I was right. She was the title character in Terror from the Year 5000! I thought that was weird---it's weird to see MST people in regular things, good things, esp. when they do good acting (as in this case).
I saw grandma daughter in The Prize Fighter with Don Knotts and Tm Conway. It was 9 years before Space Mutiny and she looked pretty good.

anyway, last night I was Monster a Go Go for the first time. A few hilarious quips, but overall the movie was sooooooo bad it was too painful to watch. "This is a test. Had this been an actual film, you would have been entertained."
Very bad movie.  My favorite riff was "Look, if you can't out act the post...!"

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #442 on: May 16, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »
I saw grandma daughter in The Prize Fighter with Don Knotts and Tm Conway. It was 9 years before Space Mutiny and she looked pretty good.

THAT is scary!!! "We're about the same age!" I still can't handle seeing Donald Pleasance in The Great Escape---even though of course he does a good job--because I can't help thinking "The pyumaman!" and I say "IT's an egg!!! Oh, it's Donald."

The funny thing about I Spy is that the very next episode had Peter Lawford---of course I've seen him in a LOT of old movies, but the first thing I thought of was "Angel's Revenge".  "If you want me up this early you gotta expect me to drink!" (I was never a pete fan)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #443 on: May 16, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »

THAT is scary!!! "We're about the same age!" I still can't handle seeing Donald Pleasance in The Great Escape---even though of course he does a good job--because I can't help thinking "The pyumaman!" and I say "IT's an egg!!! Oh, it's Donald."

The funny thing about I Spy is that the very next episode had Peter Lawford---of course I've seen him in a LOT of old movies, but the first thing I thought of was "Angel's Revenge".  "If you want me up this early you gotta expect me to drink!" (I was never a pete fan)
Hey, at least grandma daughter (Cisse Cameron) was smart/kind enough to stop acting after Space Mutiny. (I think in The Deli she's just a cameo)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »

off topic......

Funny you mention I Spy. I  remember enjoying the show in reruns when I was a kid (I'm old but not quite old enough to have seen it in it's first run).  On a whim I bought the first two seasons on DVD at Best Buy (they were only 12 dollars apiece or something).  I watched about a dozen of them and then got bored with them. It can be fun in small doses but I can't watch too much of it at a time.  I was just eyeing them the other day, however, and was thinking about putting one in this weekend. 

Just out of curiousity,  do you know which season the episode is in that you are referring to?

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2009, 03:00:42 PM »

Hey, at least grandma daughter (Cisse Cameron) was smart/kind enough to stop acting after Space Mutiny. (I think in The Deli she's just a cameo)

Just the other day I saw an episode of "My Secret Identity" taking me way, way back, and there was Wanda Cannon (Felicia from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank). I thought awesome, or...

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #446 on: May 17, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
Laserblast

I love MST.  I've never encountered another show where my opinions change so drastically on individual episodes due to repeat viewings.  I've never quite figured out why.  This was my third or fourth viewing of this. I've never been crazy about it in the past but this time it really clicked with me and I thought it was hilarious. The goofy aliens, the fat deputy, the emotionless blond lead, his vapid girlfriend.....plenty for the riffers to have fun with and they exploit it all beautifully.  I love all the Leonard Maltin stuff as well.  I wonder it Maltin ever responded to the whole two and a half star Laserblast thing.  I always wondered it it was Maltin himself who gave that review.  I know he has people that help him write the reviews.  One man can't watch every film ever made.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #447 on: May 17, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »
Well, if you call forcing Mike and the bots to sit through Gorgo a response, then yeah, he did.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #448 on: May 17, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

off topic......

Funny you mention I Spy. I  remember enjoying the show in reruns when I was a kid (I'm old but not quite old enough to have seen it in it's first run).  On a whim I bought the first two seasons on DVD at Best Buy (they were only 12 dollars apiece or something).  I watched about a dozen of them and then got bored with them. It can be fun in small doses but I can't watch too much of it at a time.  I was just eyeing them the other day, however, and was thinking about putting one in this weekend. 

Just out of curiousity,  do you know which season the episode is in that you are referring to?

I'm sorry you got bored with I SPY ---it took me a few episodes but I LOVE it---it gets better and better. So since the first bunch bored you, I would recommend maybe skip the first few discs of season 1, maybe skip to disc 5, or even skip to season 2, and you might like it better, as they get funnier, more interesting, more exciting, and better written as they go on--as Cosby is more allowed to be himself, and, like any show, the show itself becomes more comfortable in its own identity (i.e. think of how rusty the first season of MASH is compared with the second, third, fourth, etc). But at any rate, please give the show another chance.

The episode I was referring to is in Season 2. The episode with the title actress from MST's "The Terror from the Year 5000" is called "A Room with a Rack". The one with Peter Lawford is "Get Thee to a Nunnery". I think they were on disc 4.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #449 on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »
Laserblast

I love MST.  I've never encountered another show where my opinions change so drastically on individual episodes due to repeat viewings.  I've never quite figured out why.  This was my third or fourth viewing of this. I've never been crazy about it in the past but this time it really clicked with me and I thought it was hilarious. The goofy aliens, the fat deputy, the emotionless blond lead, his vapid girlfriend.....plenty for the riffers to have fun with and they exploit it all beautifully.  I love all the Leonard Maltin stuff as well.  I wonder it Maltin ever responded to the whole two and a half star Laserblast thing.  I always wondered it it was Maltin himself who gave that review.  I know he has people that help him write the reviews.  One man can't watch every film ever made.

I know what you mean about the multiple viewings----Merlin's Shop was one for me---I had to watch it a couple times to get over the pain before it clicked, and now it's one of my all time favorites. Laserblast is still a bit too painful for me, but I still love it. And I looked at Leonard Maltin's book and he did rate Laserblast 2 1/2 stars. Better yet----Leonard rated The Incredibly Strange....Mixed Up Zombies 2 1/2 stars also!!!! AAAAAA!!!!