Author Topic: QuipTracks: Godzilla  (Read 7062 times)

Janitor

Re: QuipTracks: Godzilla
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 09:49:56 PM »
We haven't synced and leveled the track all the way through yet, and there's still an intro to record, etc. Hopefully, it will be done before April 30th and we'll release it early, but we gave ourselves some buffer room just in case.

Grand Theft Auto IV  ---AND--- a Quiptrack? :highfive:? Too, much, happy, can't. Can't, see, light, dimming, universe imploding.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 06:03:16 AM »
RRRrrr.. I got Godzilla from Netflix already forgetting that It won't be released till After I go on vacation on the 28th..
Now I'll have to wait till I get back on May 22 to listen to the QuipTrack >:(

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 08:13:14 AM »
*gulp* We'll get it out as soon as possible

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 08:40:09 AM »
*gulp* We'll get it out as soon as possible
No rush.. Really.
I still have to complete my fan riff script of DUNE before I leave anyway. ;)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
We have a synopsis:

Godzilla was originally about a Japanese guy in a rubber monster suit wrecking cities and fighting big moths. *Record-Scratch* But it's the 90's! And the 90's require a dope new attitude, and This ain't your daddy's Godzilla, and Parents 'll never understand it, and We just do, and Special effects and rap covers of Led Zeppelin songs are fine, but what kids really want is a cohesive plot and likable characters...NOT! *High Five* Put on your clashing, unbuttoned (or incorrectly buttoned) over-shirt, swivel that cap around and pull a tuft of your greasy blond hair through the hole, strap on your RatchTech Shoes and get ready to raise the roof because this fly flick is totally money!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:33:33 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
This track is recorded, synced, leveled, Beeper-ed, and 98% revised. We just have, like, 3 lines left to redo and an intro to record. Tracy just got home. As soon as the several mounds of cat barf he discovered are cleaned up, we'll get to work. Expect NTSC and PAL versions to be available this evening.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »
Ok. It's done, but it'll take a couple hours to upload so I'll have to finalize it in our shopping cart in the morning...

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »
NTSC is ready.  ;D
I have to figure out how to get ZenCart to offer two different download options for one product before I can upload the PAL version.  :-\

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 11:14:18 AM »
SWEET! I'll give a shot as soon as I can!

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »
"He's gone left, he's gone right... where else can you go in a helicopter?"

That and the "did you tape over the Gojira tape?" bit had me in tears.

When you guys started, I said you guys were mediocre and I would never pay money for your tracks.

I'm happy to say I was wrong. Keep up the great work!  :)

Invader_quirk

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
Thank you so much! I'm glad we could change your mind!

The "taping over Gojira" bit is by far my favorite line. We've been working on it so long that I can't remember who came up with the line, but I think I remember being proud of it. I hope it was me.  ;D

Oh, by the way, anybody who's seen it is encouraged to write a review of it on the QuipTracks site. That'd really help us out. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:38:37 PM by Invader_quirk »

Janitor

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »
NTSC is ready.  ;D

Alright! Paypal.com here I come!!!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5674
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Just finished watching it and loved it! This movie definitely had it coming. Can't wait for Van Helsing and Sky Captain.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:11 AM »
Wow! Three sales on opening day!  This exceeded all my expectations! Thank you for your support, guys!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »
Loving this riff. All very original, all well timed.

Now, may I make a short digression about the women of Godzilla 1956 and 1998.
                                   Emiko                                                                                             Audrey

Heroine.                                                                          Living Piece of Crap
                                     Saves Japan                                                                         Whines and Cries
                            Betrays trust of intended                                                Betrays trust of the only person
                                fiance to save Japan.                                                          stupid enough to love her
                                                                                                                              in ill-thought out attempt to
                                                                                                                                further her own career.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE HEROINE OF THE 1950'S JAPANESE GODZILLA IS A STRONGER CHARACTER THAN THE 1990'S AMERICAN VERSION???
WHAT WAS WHO THINKING???!!

Thank you, Quiptracks, for drawing attention to the terrible design flaws in the Godzilla monster, but you should have been harsher to what I consider the most insulting part of the film: Audrey the Whiney Bitch.