Author Topic: Upcoming Ronin Fox Trax  (Read 10009 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Upcoming Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
I'd still buy it at Conlan Press, personally, just to make sure the author gets the money he deserves.  I might be riffing his movie, but the man went on to write the Star Trek TNG episode "Sarek" so I gotta throw some support his way.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »
Got the cover for "The Last Unicorn" done except for your official write up.

No real hi-res art for this, but there are a TON of fans of this movie who came up with their own art work, so that came in handy!

Yeah, I researched a bit for this movie and saw the same thing.  A lot of people are downright passionate about this movie.  I should have the write up done today, I'm planning on getting the "Coming Soon" page up before work.

And here we are:

Sometimes you find yourself looking back on your childhood and asking yourself, "Did that ever really make sense to me? What was in my water?"

The Last Unicorn.  A gripping and sad tale of the ravages of extinction and...what?  Oh, apparently it's a whimsical romp of animation from people mainly known for Christmas specials coupled with several long musical numbers by those guys that sang Sister Golden Hair.

Featuring the vocal talent of Mia Farrow, Angela Lansbury, Christopher Lee, Alan Arkin and the song stylings of Jeffrey Lebowski, The Last Unicorn is a magical journey of discovery where adults can look back and realize just how screwed up their beloved childhood classics really were.

Joined by his good friend Nykk, Ronin Fox takes the journey alongside the ancient mythological archetypes of the talking horse, the Jewish magician, and the old cookwench to do battle with the Red Bull*.  Will the unicorn find the rest of her kind and prove the title to be a lie?  Will bold Captain Cully and his band continue their thievery or open a new chain of taco restaurants?  Will Schmendrick change his name to something more dignified, like Klutzo?  And of course, what could be so wrong with this movie that it would drive riffers out of the studio?  These questions, but less, will be answered!

*Battle is here defined by standing around and/or running away.

Edit:  Now without typos.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:54:25 AM by RoninFox »

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »
Okay, so I'm back after my vacation, I've settled in and relaxed, now it's back to work on riffing.  I just spent a little time on my chapter of Lost City, picking between a few alternate jokes between my script and the one Anais sent me.  Also I've been watching the new developments on the iRiffs main page with a bit of a smile. 

One problem though.  I need a couple more ratings for Last Unicorn and Pearl of the Orient!  If you bought either of those riffs and haven't clicked a rating for it yet please do, I'm at 9 for both of them right now, and one more each should be able to put them on the new Top 50 list on the right hand side of the main page.   :) /ratings whore section

Recording on Masters of the Universe is tentatively scheduled for this weekend, I'll try my best to get it done and up before the current iRiff contest deadline and another riff should be popping up shortly before that.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »
One problem though.  I need a couple more ratings for Last Unicorn and Pearl of the Orient!  If you bought either of those riffs and haven't clicked a rating for it yet please do, I'm at 9 for both of them right now, and one more each should be able to put them on the new Top 50 list on the right hand side of the main page.   :) /ratings whore section

I do have your iRiff, but I haven't received the DVD yet.  I ordered it from that web site you had mentioned (Conlan Press).  They did send an email last week saying that they had mailed it, and being sorry for the delay.  It sounded like it was a general-supply problem, and not something specific to my order.  So it might be that several other people ordered from them, and also saw a delay in getting their DVD's.

disclaimer: it may even be that my copy of the DVD has arrived this week, I've been a little swamped with other things...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:27:29 PM by NanoRiffite »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »

I do have your iRiff, but I haven't received the DVD yet.  I ordered it from that web site you had mentioned (Conlan Press).  They did send an email last week saying that they had mailed it, and being sorry for the delay.  It sounded like it was a general-supply problem, and not something specific to my order.  So it might be that several other people ordered from them, and also saw a delay in getting their DVD's.

disclaimer: it may even be that my copy of the DVD has arrived this week, I've been a little swamped with other things...

Wonder if that is a issue with several people, I've never actually ordered from that site, I found out about it after I'd already bought the dvd elsewhere and just have been pimping it on principle.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Recording on Masters of the Universe is tentatively scheduled for this weekend, I'll try my best to get it done and up before the current iRiff contest deadline and another riff should be popping up shortly before that.
The weekend is almost over... Hopefully you were able to put some time in on MOTU, also I'm curious as to what the other iriff that should be popping up shortly before that will be.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »
The weekend is almost over... Hopefully you were able to put some time in on MOTU, also I'm curious as to what the other iriff that should be popping up shortly before that will be.

Unfortunately frustrations are continuing here, as I was unable to even reach my co-riffers for MOTU, let alone work with them.  Luckily the other iRiff did get some work, as it is a solo riff.  It might be a stretch to get it out in time for the contest, but I'll be working through the week on it.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2009, 02:36:37 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and 2 have been added to iRiffs (For those of you who already downloaded the free tracks, these are the same ones, no need to pay if you already got it.)

gum.co/RFTthing