login

Author Topic: Upcoming Ronin Fox Trax  (Read 10175 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Upcoming Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
While doing research on Star Trek The Motion Picture (needing a break from actually writing the riff of this...thing) I came across something equal parts fantastic and disappointing.

I've only seen a couple episodes of the Star Trek Animated Series, but now I realize I need to see more.  You see, Majel Barret is already all over Star Trek.  She played Troi's mom in the Next Generation, and before that she'd been on screen several times and heard even more as she was the nameless first officer in the pilot episode, Nurse Chapel throughout the original series, and the computer voice.  I had no idea who else she had played though, a character who Gene Roddenberry had apparently tried to get her to reprise for the Motion Picture.

Lt. M'Ress.  There was a furry on the Enterprise!

Oh I'm sorry, she's not a mere furry, she's a Caitian...from the planet Cait...because adding an i makes it all alieny.

I almost had a furry character to mock in this movie, but Majel decided against putting on the fur and tail.

Damn.  It would have been great to see a resolution to this.

Yup, Scotty almost got a little...okay on second thought I won't finish that joke.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »
My Star Trek 1 script is finally done, though there's still editing work for when I get scripts from the other contributors.  Already though, this is my most riff-packed script.  As it is I have twice as many lines in this than in my last riff.  As hard as this movie was to get through in the writing process I'm really looking forward to recording it, and I'm not slowing down on writing either.  I'm starting my next script (a project that's leaked out to a handful of you so far) in the next couple days and I'm hoping to get both riffs recorded in August.  Possibly with a return of Nightmare 2's guest-riffer Nykk.

gum.co/RFTthing

anais.jude

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
My Star Trek 1 script is finally done, though there's still editing work for when I get scripts from the other contributors.  Already though, this is my most riff-packed script.  As it is I have twice as many lines in this than in my last riff.  As hard as this movie was to get through in the writing process I'm really looking forward to recording it, and I'm not slowing down on writing either.  I'm starting my next script (a project that's leaked out to a handful of you so far) in the next couple days and I'm hoping to get both riffs recorded in August.  Possibly with a return of Nightmare 2's guest-riffer Nykk.

and if you are not one of the lucky ones to know the next script, sign up for the fan club, and you will find out first!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 07:26:13 PM »
Editing underway on the once large and now massive script for Star Trek The Motion Picture.  From the look of it recording on the next two riffs will be taking place the week of August 17th, as I'll have the week off from the "real" job and both my lined up guest riffers will be available.  The hope is to get them edited and ready for release before the month is out, but as always life keeps me from making such guarantees.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 03:13:32 AM »
Been awhile since I updated this thread, so just a general update.

Recording has concluded on Star Trek The Motion Picture, and with the recent developments it is set to be my first iRiffs offering.  So as soon as the upload page is up and running keep an eye out for it.

I'm planning on a price of $1.99 for the movie riffs.  There's likely to be a few shorts releases coming up, but none of them are set in stone yet and the price will have to be discussed later, once I know if I'm riffing them solo or alone, how long they are, etc.

The first part of recording has already taken place for Last Unicorn, and I'm editing and planning on further recording while waiting to release Star Trek.

More info to come.  Hammering out the details for my guest riffer on Nightmare on Elm Street 3.  It will be someone new.  And of course I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work on Masters of the Universe scripts.  (Less than a month before the deadline)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:16:35 AM by RoninFox »

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »
Been awhile since I updated this thread, so just a general update.

Good lord, that is not your casting couch, is it?   :gouge:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
You like it.. You Know you do.. :-X

Offline GrantM

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
About your Star Trek The Motion Picture riff, will it have a seperate PAL download like what Rifftrax does for international customers?

EDIT - Just relised they are working on a PAL version
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:51:49 PM by GrantM »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 04:08:48 PM »
About your Star Trek The Motion Picture riff, will it have a seperate PAL download like what Rifftrax does for international customers?

EDIT - Just relised they are working on a PAL version

I'll do a PAL version for every movie I riff whenever possible.  Already have one tested for this riff, and though I need to record a slightly different bit of opening instructions for it, it should be ready immediately when the riff is released.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
Setback!  Unfortunately I just ended up losing a significant amount of my Last Unicorn riff.  Though I thought it was close to completion, it looks like I'm going to need a big re-record session this weekend.  In the meantime I'm also working on a short which I might try and record in the same session.  Since I'll be riffing the short solo, I might even get to release it first to tide you guys over.  Title and poster for the short will be released/unveiled soon.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 04:33:16 AM »
BOO = delays to The Last Unicorn

YAY = a short
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 04:51:58 AM »
Some interesting things I've found out about Last Unicorn in the meantime.

1.  Apparently Peter S. Beagle (who is the author of the original book and screenwriter for the movie) has had a history of getting screwed over by this movie.  Basically, the dvd releases to date have not given him a cent in royalties which he is supposed to be entitled to.  The first release several years back, which beyond being a crappy pan and scan version with bad sound, didn't give him a dime.  The better 25th anniversary edition that you can find on shelves now also don't give him a dime if bought from a store, but you CAN buy it online from http://www.conlanpress.com/ and order it for $15 and support him.  About half of the money for the sale goes directly to Peter, and a portion of it goes to his lawyer fund to help him get the rest of the money he deserves.  Even as I rip this movie apart verbally, allow me to recommend you buy your DVD copy there.  If you really like the movie, you can even get it autographed for ten bucks more.  There's also more from Peter available on the website, including the original book and various other books and Last Unicorn concept artwork.

2.  The 25th anniversary edition in the US was made with a German PAL master, so though I still need to test this theory, it's possible that one version of this riff will be compatible with BOTH NTSC and PAL versions of the DVD.

(PS, Peter's been screwed over on his work more than once it seems, as he's also the screenwriter for Bakshi's Lord of the Rings animated film.  The studio only payed him $5,000 for his work with the word of one of the producers that it would lead to more profitable work later.  Naturally that producer never hired Peter again.  No wonder he hasn't done a feature film since '82.)

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
Do you think you'll do any Riffs of Star Trek's Animated Series?? *starts rounding up PayPal change..* :o

anais.jude

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 05:49:34 AM »
BOO = delays to The Last Unicorn

YAY = a short

My sentiments exactly

Scott, why haven't you joined the fanclub. (You can totally be "exceutive in charge of PAL")

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 05:54:14 AM »
Do you think you'll do any Riffs of Star Trek's Animated Series?? *starts rounding up PayPal change..* :o

I'd at least consider it if I come across the DVDs.  *goes to check amazon to at least look at the price*

gum.co/RFTthing