login

Author Topic: Any chance of doing more Trek films?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
Re: Any chance of doing more Trek films?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »
Wrath of Khan is one of my favorite movies of all time... and it's the only Trek film I ever bother revisting. That said, I think its easily the most riffable one that they haven't done yet. You've got one of the greatest scenery chew-off battles of all-time between the Shat and Ricardo... along with a solid chunk of screentime for Chekov. Not to mention it's a pretty entertaining watch and everything moves along at a decent clip.

Oooooo, how about getting Koenig as a guest riffer on ST:II?  That could be fun.  Or best yet, get Shatner.  Boston Legal shows that he doesn't take himself too seriously - I'd buy his guest riff of pretty much anything.

-dale

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Any chance of doing more Trek films?
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
I like the idea of maybe doing a double feature of TOS episodes... maybe the pilot, maybe something else... But I think DVD availablity would probably limit sales, at least in comparison to the box office releases.

Availability probably wouldn't be the problem as much as price, as non-trekkies would have to shell out to buy a season box set if they wanted to buy the disc.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing