Poll

Should we have a new section on the forum exclisively for Fan Riff Projects?

Yes, lets get a new board going in the "Riffer Projects" section.
No, I like having the fan riffs in the "Off-Topic" section.

Author Topic: New board exclusively for Fan Riffs?  (Read 9214 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: New board exclusively for Fan Riffs?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »
Doesn't QuipTracks also have a track for Scorpion King? Or was that just a preview that never got finished? I can't remember.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »
I did a search and it just brought up your post. :-\

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
I'm torn.

While it would be excellent to have a forum dedicated to fan riffing, I also like the fact that there is conversation regarding the fan riffs in the general off-topic board, which is a board that almost everyone reads. Not everybody reads all of the sub-forums, so if we moved ALL of the conversation about fan riffs there, people might miss them. And right now, what the fan riffs need more than anything else is attention. Starting up a new project is hard, and the more notice and support we get, the more likely it is we'll feel successful and worthwhile enough to continue.

You make some good points here. I don't suppose there's a way to conjoin a conversational fan riff thread between two boards? Or just keep a general fan riff thread open here (with lots of links, of course) after moving everything else over? Just some ideas.

Edit: Before I forget, thanks for making a fan riff links thread, Tripe. It's going to help me and Pak out a lot.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »
That'd be the one I'd be in favour of, that way people attention is drawn to the fan riffs but they don't get lost amongst the other off topic threads.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
I was in two minds about that one, what do other people think?

I'd put it up there.  The threads talked a lot about the process involved in putting them together.  

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »
Doesn't QuipTracks also have a track for Scorpion King? Or was that just a preview that never got finished? I can't remember.

It was just a preview clip, not a full riff.  And it was Mummy Returns, not Scorpion King.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,3177.0.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:45:50 PM by Raven »

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
I'm torn.

While it would be excellent to have a forum dedicated to fan riffing, I also like the fact that there is conversation regarding the fan riffs in the general off-topic board, which is a board that almost everyone reads. Not everybody reads all of the sub-forums, so if we moved ALL of the conversation about fan riffs there, people might miss them. And right now, what the fan riffs need more than anything else is attention. Starting up a new project is hard, and the more notice and support we get, the more likely it is we'll feel successful and worthwhile enough to continue.

You make some good points here. I don't suppose there's a way to conjoin a conversational fan riff thread between two boards? Or just keep a general fan riff thread open here (with lots of links, of course) after moving everything else over? Just some ideas.

Edit: Before I forget, thanks for making a fan riff links thread, Tripe. It's going to help me and Pak out a lot.

I think that any group projects that are still in the works should be in General Discussion but once deadlines have passed and the finished products come out they should be moved to the "Fan Riffing section"  Not everything needs a Sticky though. 

Offline allhailtheriff

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
Yes, this seperate board would be very nice...I have yet to listen to a fan riff, and being able to look at my options would be very nice indeed. I would like to expand my horizons when it comes to making fun of movies.

Thanks Tripe for what you've done already.

ICWXP and Quiptracks are among the best.  Riff Raff Theater as well is spectacular.  ICWXP is a full blown show though, not just movie riffing.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2008, 05:06:57 AM »
That's weird, the compilation post I made was stickied and now it's not. :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4986
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 05:13:21 AM »
That's weird, the compilation post I made was stickied and now it's not. :-\
Guess you don't posses the power of a 2nd Banana yet young padawan.. 8)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »
No, but Gammer stickyed it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4986
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 05:16:25 AM »
Well, he's still a 'Learner'; not yet a 'Master'.. :o

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 05:20:44 AM »

Someone else must have unstickied it.

I was thinking about it, and maybe the reason there isn't a board for this already (and might not be one for awhile yet) is because RiffTrax is still planning to officially support fan riffs in some format in the relatively near future, whenever the new site that Torgos is so excited about launches. There will probably be lots of neat features for the fan made riffs at that time... possibly it's felt at RiffTrax HQ that their time is better spent working on the new site than moving stuff around and making minor changes to the existing one for now.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 05:41:12 AM »

Someone else must have unstickied it.

Well I assume so, but normally I get notices to that effect, at least i seem to recall that happening with other stickied threads of mine.

Ah well.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »
I was thinking about it, and maybe the reason there isn't a board for this already (and might not be one for awhile yet) is because RiffTrax is still planning to officially support fan riffs in some format in the relatively near future, whenever the new site that Torgos is so excited about launches. There will probably be lots of neat features for the fan made riffs at that time... possibly it's felt at RiffTrax HQ that their time is better spent working on the new site than moving stuff around and making minor changes to the existing one for now.

It would explain the lack of moderators in this thread telling us why they would or wouldn't do what we're asking for.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)