3 (14.3%)
Troll 2
1 (4.8%)
Batman & Robin
7 (33.3%)
Lost Boys, The
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: RIFFTRAX PLAYOFFS BRACKET 3 TEST  (Read 1931 times)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
RIFFTRAX PLAYOFFS BRACKET 3 TEST
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
Round 3 of the same thing. I am guessing that the real ones should run X number of days, so we can actually flip to ROUND 2 etc...

Everyone play with these and lets get some feedback to see how we want to tweak this before doing the real thing.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: RIFFTRAX PLAYOFFS BRACKET 3 TEST
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 03:58:07 PM »
Jonny just wanted to milk his 300th post ;)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »
Well poo   I would have had something grandiose for that..now I have to wait til 400
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1643
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »
Yes, a time limit is defiantly necessary.  But I like it so far,  we just need to get the word out.  Some one should make a "Vote or Die" thread on the general page when the real polls start.

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 09:25:04 PM »
I'm still a little confused about the bracket idea, only because what if several of the actual overall favorites were in the same bracket?  Not that I'm knocking the idea, I just don't know how it would be possible to control for that.

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1643
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
I'm still a little confused about the bracket idea, only because what if several of the actual overall favorites were in the same bracket?  Not that I'm knocking the idea, I just don't know how it would be possible to control for that.

For that we would have to seed the different movies... in other words, it's impossible.  I don't see it as that big of a problem.  If a movie looses out, it will have a chance during the next Riff Playoffs. 

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
I'm not familiar with the movie Robin Hood: Pot, but then I never really got into stoner movies.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 11:33:30 PM by 00Sharktopus »

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 07:13:17 AM »

My take on it is to have totally random generated brackets, that way it eliminates the 'well Troll 2 woulda won if it wasn't up against Batman and Robin' arguments. Of course, there is nothing saying that we can't run more than one playoffs. Just like in real life, if you are a strong contender in the playoffs, you very well might be back the following year. Unless you are an NFL team, and then it's just total luck of the draw.
Of course I would say retire each overall winner as they win.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:20:07 AM »
I'm not familiar with the movie Robin Hood: Pot, but then I never eally got into stoner movies.  ;)

He steals from the dealers and gives to the poor. Well the broke anyway. Make sure to buy plenty of Cheetos ahead of time.