login

Author Topic: Ask My Opinion About Anything  (Read 11176 times)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: Ask My Opinion About Anything
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 07:54:51 AM »
1. Which kicks more ass: Greek phalanx or Roman maniple formation?

The phalanx on a technicality, because I find myself largely uneducated about the Roman army.

2. if RoninFox was eaten by a wolf, what would you do with the wolf?

As in RoninFox the person? As I've never met the man in real life and we don't live anywhere near each other, I'd say "not a whole lot." If the question is "do I think it's ethical to kill a dangerous animal that has killed somebody" then the answer is yes.

3. Should I choose Power Attack or Improved Initiative as my next feat?

That depends on your class and the classes of everyone else in your party., but I always have more fun with characters that give more damage then those that are fast. Imagine fighting a dragon, right? You really have to kill this fucking dragon (let's say the dragon killed RoninFox). Which makes more sense? To run around it's legs, giving little pin pricks and taking eight hours to kill the thing, or take it out in three minutes with a few direct hits.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

2. if RoninFox was eaten by a wolf, what would you do with the wolf?

As in RoninFox the person? As I've never met the man in real life and we don't live anywhere near each other, I'd say "not a whole lot." If the question is "do I think it's ethical to kill a dangerous animal that has killed somebody" then the answer is yes.

Okay, so you kill the animal that has just killed and eaten RoninFox, now do you bury the wolf like they normally bury a dead animal, or do you bury the wolf like they bury dead humans since most of the human is now inside the wolf's stomach and intestines?

I mean, do you bury the wolf's body in the human's grave, or do you extract the remains of the human and put them in the grave?
On timeout

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
Who really broke up The Beatles?
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
I have a very serious conundrum for you Greg. Say a werewolf and a zombie were fighting, and they both bit each other. What would the nightmarish creatures than turn into?
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »
Okay, so you kill the animal that has just killed and eaten RoninFox, now do you bury the wolf like they normally bury a dead animal, or do you bury the wolf like they bury dead humans since most of the human is now inside the wolf's stomach and intestines?

I mean, do you bury the wolf's body in the human's grave, or do you extract the remains of the human and put them in the grave?

Well, again, I don't fit into RoninFox's family and friends, so it's not my decision to make. If it happened to someone I know, I'd personally just have the wolf buried like any other dead animal and have a closed casket funeral. It all ends up in the same place anyway.

All of them did. John Lennon was the most "out there" but besides doing drugs, they really didn't have a lot in common. Listen to a Paul song then a John song then a George song then a Ringo song. They're all very different songs. They all had different ideas on what good music was. It's like if Thom Yorke, Garth Brooks, one of the guys from Korn and Paul Anka all started a band. They may be the most popular band in the world, but each member has different end goals, and a band like that can only stay together for so long.

I have a very serious conundrum for you Greg. Say a werewolf and a zombie were fighting, and they both bit each other. What would the nightmarish creatures than turn into?

I don't imagine anything would happen to the zombie since there ain't no blood flow for the werewolf bite virus or whatever to spread. But what about the werewolf? Depends on what kind of werewolf. Some portrayals of lycanthropism see it as regeneration, with wounds healing when the forms change. It that's so, then there's a chance the werewolf will end up ok. If not, then yeah, we'd have a zombie werewolf on our hands. But good news. A rotting body probably won't be able to handle so many transformations, and a zombie werewolf will eventually break itself apart.

GLaDOS

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »
Have you now or ever been a fan of George Wendt?
What is your favorite method of swimming in the money bin?
What do you think of the idea of Arnold Schwarzenegger as a singer?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 10:05:06 PM »
1. Coke or Pepsi?  Explain
2. Star Wars or Star Trek? Explain
3. M&M's or Reese's Pieces? Explain
4. Automatic or 5-Speed? Explain
5. and of course, Boxers or Briefs? Explain

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »
Have you now or ever been a fan of George Wendt?

Well, I grew up with Cheers, it was kind of a bonding show between me and my dad, so I feel a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see anyone from the show on anything else. I even get a warm feeling for dumb ol' Ted Danson. This fuzzy feeling made Natural Born Killers a weird film to watch. I don't think George Wendt is a great actor, but he seems like a nice guy and I hope he continues to find work.

What is your favorite method of swimming in the money bin?

Backstroke.

What do you think of the idea of Arnold Schwarzenegger as a singer?

Whatever gets the Youtubers' jollies off.

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
1. Coke or Pepsi?  Explain

Coke. It just plain tastes better.

2. Star Wars or Star Trek? Explain

Way too apples and oranges for me. I grew up with both pretty equally. I'm going to have to saw Star Trek, simply because they've managed to hold a high standard of quality longer. The original series is campy nowadays but a lot of fun, Next Generation and Deep Space Nine are some of the best things to show on television, and Voyager and Enterprise were weaker but still fairly solid.  Star Wars had three amazing movies that continue to be amazing and I can watch them anytime, but nothing really great has come from them since 1983.

3. M&M's or Reese's Pieces? Explain

Do they even sell Reese's Pieces anymore? I haven't had any in years. Still, Reeses's anythings tend to be better then anything else.

4. Automatic or 5-Speed? Explain

Automatics are for wussies, man! I'm going ride all over your automatic, and then I'm going home to collect my baseball cards!

5. and of course, Boxers or Briefs? Explain

Boxers. I like a little air while I walk.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
actually 5-Speed is another term for Stick-Shift Transmission....

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »
How disturbing do you find it that a string of questions about myself being eaten has come up?

(By the way, no one hurts that wolf, you hear me?)
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 07:31:10 AM »
How disturbing do you find it that a string of questions about myself being eaten has come up?

Very. Less on the fact of you being eaten and more on the fact that the forum expect ME to deal with your remains.

(By the way, no one hurts that wolf, you hear me?)

Wolves are neat, for the record. One of the best dogs I ever had was half-wolf. She looked just like Amaterasu from the game Okami. My younger sister named the dog Xena. Guess what show my sister was into at the time.

anais.jude

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

All of them did. John Lennon was the most "out there" but besides doing drugs, they really didn't have a lot in common. Listen to a Paul song then a John song then a George song then a Ringo song. They're all very different songs. They all had different ideas on what good music was. It's like if Thom Yorke, Garth Brooks, one of the guys from Korn and Paul Anka all started a band. They may be the most popular band in the world, but each member has different end goals, and a band like that can only stay together for so long.

no, the band members had a lot in common and they were friends, but friends grow apart. And, technically, the answer is Paul.

GLaDOS

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
Would you donate your pancreas to Patrick Swayze?
What's your favorite Patrick Swayze movie?
Apples or Oranges?
Mario or Luigi?
Close Encounters or E.T.?

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
Would you donate your pancreas to Patrick Swayze?

No. Not that I want Patrick dead or anything, but why him? Out of the 33,000 people who get this kind of cancer, why this one? Because unlike the other 32,999 people, he made a few movies? Now, I am an organ donor, so if I die before Patrick I guess it might reach him, but if I have any control of where my organs are going, they're going to my family and loved ones.

What's your favorite Patrick Swayze movie?
[/quotes]

As silly as it is, Red Dawn fulfills a sort of macho fantasy, and it's a lot of fun to watch. As part of a generation that grew up playing fort with my GI Joes, it's not hard to imagine myself going to the same extremes if my town gets overrun by the Russians. I guess technically Ghost is his best made film, but I don't nearly have as much fun as I do when I watch Red Dawn.

Apples or Oranges?
[/quotes]

Apples. Oranges are just oranges. They look like oranges and they taste like oranges. Apples look... well, actually, I'm color blind, so I can't tell the red apples from the green, but there's a different taste for every mood your in. Smooshy apples if you want to get your face wet, sour apples if you need a punch, your standard apple for your standard teacher. Apples runs circles around oranges.

Mario or Luigi?

I don't buy into the whole "Luigi is underused" thing. The reason he's underused is because he's kind of a pussy. Play Luigi's Mansion or the one-player mode in Smash Bros. Brawl, you'll see what I mean. And before he was given a personality? Just Mario in different clothes. The correct answer is Mario.

Close Encounters or E.T.?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I've always seen E.T. as kind of fluffy nonesense. Close Encounters has a bit more too it, a study of the line between obsession and madness, and it somehow works well with Spielberg's streamline style.