login

Author Topic: ICWXP  (Read 38247 times)

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
Re: ICWXP
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2009, 11:45:43 PM »
Well, while we are waiting for their next release.....

Rikk has been a busy boy these days.    Between making commentary DVDs, touring with a band, getting a record out and making a video, he must feel pretty tired at the end of the day.

Anyway, here is a link to his band's new video.    This style may not be for everyone, but it worth a listen.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C9oSmYoO-dQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C9oSmYoO-dQ</a>
Fixed it fer ya 8)

I think it has a wholesome round about family value sound to it.. :P

I just want to know when we'll finally be able to buy the first episode again.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 144
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #286 on: August 08, 2009, 12:19:34 AM »

I don't think its going to happen. Since they were going to re-film it and now they lost a riffing member... I doubt they're going to go through all of the trouble to redo it completely. I'm just glad I nabbed a copy when they first started before it was discontinued. The skits on it may not be up to par at times... but their riff is my favorite out of all the movies they've done so far. Its a shame most people aren't able to see it. It surpasses the majority of rifftrax episodes in my opinion.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #287 on: August 08, 2009, 03:06:23 AM »

I don't think its going to happen. Since they were going to re-film it and now they lost a riffing member... I doubt they're going to go through all of the trouble to redo it completely. I'm just glad I nabbed a copy when they first started before it was discontinued. The skits on it may not be up to par at times... but their riff is my favorite out of all the movies they've done so far. Its a shame most people aren't able to see it. It surpasses the majority of rifftrax episodes in my opinion.

Why don't they just re-film all the scenes except the ones with the lost riffing member? If all else fails, they could always re-release the original version with a bonus half kidding "apology" as an introduction before the show starts. This is actually what was done when the pilot episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" (British version) was eventually shown on television. It just seems like a bad idea to have only three episodes made and pull the one that got people's attention in the first place.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #288 on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:12 AM »
The only possible reason I can think to even redo it is because all the silhouettes were theater seats instead of the balcony.
But redoing it wouldn't need new audio at all.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2009, 07:23:57 AM »
Another option would be to chop the audio down and release just the movie (no silhouettes, no host segments) as a iRiff VOD just so it isn't completely lost. 

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3895
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2009, 07:26:08 AM »
Wow! Didn't know they stopped producing the 1st episode (or maybe I did and I just forgot :-[ )

Glad I got mine when I did :o

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 144
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
Wow! Didn't know they stopped producing the 1st episode (or maybe I did and I just forgot :-[ )

Its kind of weird. They never said they abandoned it, but they quit saying its "coming soon". There was mention they were not completely happy with skits and wanted to re-film them and would react out the silhouettes. They weren't planning on redoing the riff portion of the movie from what I understand. And now that they are moving forward to new episodes it almost seems like this episode is becoming a distant memory.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2009, 01:45:44 AM »

Its kind of weird. They never said they abandoned it, but they quit saying its "coming soon". There was mention they were not completely happy with skits and wanted to re-film them and would react out the silhouettes. They weren't planning on redoing the riff portion of the movie from what I understand. And now that they are moving forward to new episodes it almost seems like this episode is becoming a distant memory.

I can understand their desire to make something completely new, but it seems like it would be less work to fix the first episode however they see fit and then upload it to the catalog page. It will show the origin of the characters and I'm sure fans will buy it because they want to buy something "new" to support them. Then they can use the funds to make the next episode even better. Too bad they haven't really been updating things much to let us know what's going on.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:49 AM »
I know they are working on episode four now, so there should be another DVD soon.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2009, 05:50:42 AM »
I know they are working on episode four now, so there should be another DVD soon.
Well That's Good..
At Least They haven't forgot about us like some Former MST3k stars that claim to be 'The Masters of Movie Riffing' ::)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:53:09 AM by RVR II »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
According to Twitter updates, the boys will be doing studio shoots on Sunday  :clap:

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »
According to Twitter updates, the boys will be doing studio shoots on Sunday  :clap:

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
as much as the shorts are going to  be good i can not wait to see

they came from outer space

a quote from rick

3. Will "They Came From Outer Space" be the next big movie?

Probably so!  Greg and I need to sit down and review it in full, but as of right now we've got the ICWXP canons aimed at it.  It looks deliciously goofy.

;D
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
Anxious to see how the new shorts and episodes pan out.  The boys have stepped up a weigh class in terms of back story and ambition.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
ok  what is the deal here

http://www.facebook.com/icwxp?sk=wall

Oh boy. We've gotta get all "srsly" on ya for a moment.

Please click "like" on this Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/aifraud - and please help circulate and repost the attached video.

We won't get into why (at least not in the main post), but you'll be doing something extremely important that could save these next ICWXP episodes from being the last.

and this video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SU29jTJC7BI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SU29jTJC7BI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

edit:ok now i see , a very sad situation indeed   

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:44:43 PM by The Great Gandolfo »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/