Author Topic: ICWXP  (Read 38233 times)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: ICWXP
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 07:29:47 AM »
I just watched episode 1 last night.  very, very funny stuff, with a number of riffs requiring me to pause the DVD to catch my breath.  The icwxp guys did a fantastic job. 

I will be ordering episode 2 as soon as it is released.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »
Any rumors on when Ep. 2 is to be released?
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 08:39:03 AM »
I just received Episode 1 just now.. I'll watch it tonight when I close my business.

From all the reviews here on the forum, I'm reeealy looking forward to watching it! 8)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »
I just received Episode 1 just now.. I'll watch it tonight when I close my business.

From all the reviews here on the forum, I'm reeealy looking forward to watching it! 8)

It is pretty funny.    And the progression they have made to the funny-factor on the short shows REAL promise for Episode two.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »
SWEEET!! ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 06:07:46 AM »
Watched it last night.. It was pretty funny!
I'll have to watch it a few more times over the weekend 8)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »
Is it just me or does their theme music sound kinda like a thrash version of Van Halen's 'Panama'?? :o
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:24:45 PM by RVR II »

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »
This thread still isn't going over all that well, is it? People just can't help but post in the other one, it seems.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 08:41:30 PM »
This thread still isn't going over all that well, is it? People just can't help but post in the other one, it seems.

Well, it'll probably liven up when the next episode comes out.
FINE

Offline allhailtheriff

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 03:57:19 AM »
It seems the allure of pointlessly arguing over whether or not ICWXP should get sued is of more interest than the actual show for some folks.  Boo.   :-[

Personally I'm excited because the official site is getting ready to launch, complete with forum.

Offline allhailtheriff

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
CT fans not digging ICWXP or RT?
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 06:32:45 AM »
Ya know, I got curious and checked out Cinematic Titanic's website.  It's very bare bones, almost laughable I'd hate to say.

But my point is that the folks on their board seemed to mostly have negative responses to our controversial new friends ICWXP.

I also felt the general attitude there was a bit negative toward RT.  Has anyone else noticed CT fans have a distaste for RT and thus Mike & Co.'s supposedly "meaner" riffing style?

I was just curious as to what their board was like and a lot of the users there came off really closed minded to me.  ??? ???

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: CT fans not digging ICWXP or RT?
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 06:42:47 AM »
Ya know, I got curious and checked out Cinematic Titanic's website.  It's very bare bones, almost laughable I'd hate to say.

But my point is that the folks on their board seemed to mostly have negative responses to our controversial new friends ICWXP.

I also felt the general attitude there was a bit negative toward RT.  Has anyone else noticed CT fans have a distaste for RT and thus Mike & Co.'s supposedly "meaner" riffing style?

I was just curious as to what their board was like and a lot of the users there came off really closed minded to me.  ??? ???

Not so much that I can tell..
I've slacked off a bit posting over there. I'm just losing interest waiting and waiting for the next CT DVD release :-\

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 06:46:28 AM »
RiffTrax is like modern music. Everyone can get into it and it's fast and easy to get. It reflects the times in which it was released. A generation's struggles and joys are represented by each artist's own unique perspective and style. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but, instead, does whatever it can to cater to the fans.

Cinematic Titanic is like classical music. It's getting back to the basics and it doesn't deviate from that. Like a great, aged painting, it maintains the same feel over the years, bringing the audiences back to a more civilized time in humanity's past. It tends to take itself more seriously and, therefore, the fans tend to be a bit more presumptuous. They see it as the pinnacle of fine art, laced with subtleties that modern music is unable to provide.

Whatever side you take, you're not wrong.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »
Cinematic Titanic is like classical music. It's getting back to the basics and it doesn't deviate from that. Like a great, aged painting, it maintains the same feel over the years, bringing the audiences back to a more civilized time in humanity's past. It tends to take itself more seriously and, therefore, the fans tend to be a bit more presumptuous. They see it as the pinnacle of fine art, laced with subtleties that modern music is unable to provide.

I can't go back, I won't go back!!!

flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »
RiffTrax is like modern music. Everyone can get into it and it's fast and easy to get. It reflects the times in which it was released. A generation's struggles and joys are represented by each artist's own unique perspective and style. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but, instead, does whatever it can to cater to the fans.

Whatever side you take, you're not wrong.

Wow.

I fail to see much difference between the two, as far as sense of humor.  Even ICWXP is very much in the same vein as RT & CT.  In keeping with the music analogy, I would say that they all play rock music, they're just different bands.