login

Author Topic: What riffs still get you every single time?  (Read 53943 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: What riffs still get you every single time?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »
I loved the "I made for TV love you"" from San Fransisco International. 

Tom's hillbilly song from the Side Hackers training sequence.

And EVERY time crow says "Kitty", to some dangerous animal on the screen.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »
Still, one of my absolutely favorite lines from ANY MST3K episode is during the short called "Home Economics", as all the girls in the college gather for an assembly, and the dude behind the podium(Joel) says "Your period, and mine. A lecture..."

Which reminds me of one of my all time favorites, shortly after that when they show the woman at the podium and Crow says "I took several heavy blows to cheeks with lead pipe."

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
I think the bicycle song in Gamera vs. Guiron is one of my all time favorite MST3K moments.

"We're gonna ride our bicycles. We're gonna go and have some fun. We're gonna fill our hearts with love. When we ride our bicycles."

And so on...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »
And, of course,

"Normal view! Normal View! NORMAL VIEW! NORMAL VIEW!"

We sang that for YEARS.

Ah yes, the immortal NORMAL VIEW song. My friends and I would sing many a rendition of that during Dragon*Con last year. I expect we'll do it again this year. Just insert a word in place of "Normal" and sing away!!

Offline headlesschocolatebunny

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
My sissy's nic-name is Waffle (her hair is extremely curly) so we sure do love the waffle song!!
Gravity, thou are a heartless bitch!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »
And, of course,

We sang that for YEARS.

Ah yes, the immortal NORMAL VIEW song. My friends and I would sing many a rendition of that during Dragon*Con last year. I expect we'll do it again this year. Just insert a word in place of "Normal" and sing away!!

Alas, not my best Dragon*Con this year; we got stuck in a TINY room at the Hyatt (AGAIN!), and we were so broke, we didn't even bother visiting the dealer's room once.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 01:58:53 PM »
And, of course,

We sang that for YEARS.

Alas, not my best Dragon*Con this year; we got stuck in a TINY room at the Hyatt (AGAIN!), and we were so broke, we didn't even bother visiting the dealer's room once.

That sux. I've heard so many horror stories about the Hyatt... The endless wait for the four elevators, the constant issues with the Fire Marshal, etc.

I just wish I had the looks to pull off a Dr. Forrester or Observer costume... I'd love to represent the MST3K community!! The best Mistie costume was definitely the guy dressed as Torgo, with his abnormally large legs and theme song playing from an unseen speaker on his person...    ;D

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm laughing just reading some of these!

The song medley at the end of Werewolf gets me pretty much every time.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline fishbulb

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • A Space in the Crowd
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
The riffs in Catalina Caper about the villian Lakopolous, such as "He's the top-olous!".  It's very repetitive, but it cracks me up every time.

As for the funny names in Space Mutiny, you folks do realize they did the same schtick in 2 other episodes, right?  One might get the impression that no one here has seen any episodes from before the Sci-Fi years.
The revolution will not be riffed!!

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »
Everytime Rowsdower's name is mentioned in The Final Sacrifice and in Horrors of Party Beach  "My plastic hair is furious!"

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 05:37:17 AM »
The riffs in Catalina Caper about the villian Lakopolous, such as "He's the top-olous!".  It's very repetitive, but it cracks me up every time.

As for the funny names in Space Mutiny, you folks do realize they did the same schtick in 2 other episodes, right?  One might get the impression that no one here has seen any episodes from before the Sci-Fi years.

Well, yeah, I know they did it before, but it's the sheer number of names in Space Mutiny.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 06:53:52 AM »

These are the "things" that come to my mind, el pronto...

I enjoy watching people's mental illness. (Mike on the self-deprecating Jack Frost) "Jack Frost"

Just drink him in. (Crow on the greatness of Toblerone. Just thinking of him makes me giggle.) "Escape 2000"

Teddddddd Nelson. Ted Nelson. Ted Nelson. Nelson, Nelson. Nelson. Nelson, Nelson, Nelson, Nelson. (the Ted Nelson score from Mike & the Bots, and I've been known to blurt this out at work on occasion to create some faux tension) "The Incredible Melting Man"

Go to hell! Piss off!! (Mike and Crow ad-libbing for the cranky old storekeeper in one of my all-time favorite MST3K moments) "The Brute Man"

Goodbye, Joe! "Werewolf"

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5897
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2008, 07:27:55 AM »
All of Werewolf is brilliant, but I particularly liked "This werewolf is an herbivore. Fortunatley, this guy's name is Herb." And "He's being attacked by a Berenstein Bear!"

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 08:02:56 AM »
And "Should I follow him? What do you folks think?"

And pretty much anything else in Werewolf, come to think of it.  ;D
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »
As Lucinda looks in the mirror "who's got in goin' on?  Me!  That's who!" from Touch of Satan.