Yes
0 (0%)
No
1 (20%)
Saw it, but didn't recognize it
1 (20%)
Saw it, recognized it, and they should have riffed it
0 (0%)
Still don't know what you're raving about you idiot!
0 (0%)
It haunts my sleeping AND waking hours...
0 (0%)
ILM programmers have WAY too much time on their hands
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Extremely missed opportunity in this movie!!  (Read 4476 times)

Offline LBeria

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • "My laser nose & your crotch have an appointment"
    • Cheap Crap You Don't Need, Enterprises
Extremely missed opportunity in this movie!!
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:39:08 AM »
Okay...I finally broke down and bought the DVD for this "episode" so that my husband, 19-year-old son, 9-year-old son, and I could watch Episodes I-III with the RiffTrax -- made them MUCH more tolerable!!

However, I had never said anything about what I clearly saw in Episode II and it wasn't riffed on either.  I thought maybe it was just me and my eyes were playing tricks on me -- but after I mentioned it to the boys (I sent the 9-year-old out of the room for this one), they saw it too.

We all laughed at the "penis-head" Jedi jokes and the phallic references to the buildings -- I even remember having the "Little Mermaid" movie poster years ago and, yes, it really did have a penis-shaped castle in the background if you looked at it just right....

But...well....how could RiffTrax miss this??

Insert your DVD (I'll wait...).  Go to "Chapter Selection" or whatever it's called (I'm at work and don't have the DVD with me).  Select "Chapter 40" and once it starts, hit pause.  What are they standing in???  Look at the "decorations" on the front of their "plinth" or "outcropping" or whatever you want to call it!!  If those don't look like female genitalia, I'll eat my hat!

And no matter what camera angle they "shoot" it from, they look like vulvas!  Especially the closer shots where you only get the top part of the "decoration" (which many would say is the most important area to focus on  :rimshot:).  How could all the penis jokes make it in the movie but no one pick up on this?!?

We watched the movie and nether of the guys said they saw anything -- so I went back and paused the movie as in the instructions before....  My husband, who had said that he totally hated the movie, immediately said, "I hated this movie but now I can't take my eyes off it!"  ;D

I didn't read through the forums to see if anyone else noticed it, but from the lack of responses I've heard from other friends and fans about it, I figured I was the only person to notice it.  Is it because "fanboys" have never seen one that they don't understand the visual imagery and can't recognize it?  ;D

Anyway, after we watched the movies and were headed for bed (it was LATE you dirty-minded things!  ;)), hubby said I should post this on the boards to see if/why no one noticed and why it wasn't mentioned in the riffs.  I told him it was probably because our riffers were above such juvenile behavior....and then I remembered who we were talking about and had quite a little laugh and made a note to log-in when I got to work.

I still can't believe that I'm the only one who noticed it....Any others out there???  And any guesses as to why they didn't joke about something so "obvious" (especially considering they're guys and mostly guys are watching the movie)??

Thanks for letting me ramble....  I certainly hope others see what I see....
You're such a survivalist gun nut.
Only the good die young...but most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns. -- Tom Servo

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
Re: Extremely missed opportunity in this movie!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »
I believe you, but I don't know where my EP2 disc is. I demand screencaps!

And a delicious buffet!

Offline LBeria

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
Okey dokey....after much trying to remember how the heck to get one, I was able to procure a screen capture for those who want more visual information into what I'm talking about....  Hope this helps!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, do you see it, or rather, them??
Only the good die young...but most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns. -- Tom Servo

Offline LBeria

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »
Yeah, I see it...

That's perv-ette...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »
Okey dokey....after much trying to remember how the heck to get one, I was able to procure a screen capture for those who want more visual information into what I'm talking about....  Hope this helps!

Now, do you see it, or rather, them??

Oh, you mean the giant vagina?  Yeah, FX guys have been putting the goalposts in everything they could ever since the Alien ship in Alien.  I guess I'm used to it. ;)

-dale

GLaDOS

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:26:18 PM »
wow, now that is dirty. Of course I guess most towers and entrace halls by nature look like Penises and vaginas anyway because of the same general shape.