login

Author Topic: Gila Monster Single DVD  (Read 10099 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Gila Monster Single DVD
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
Hey I'm with you.

I think the VHS copy I have of The Brain that wouldn't Die looks better then the DvD,something is screwed up there.

Also I am a Babylon 5 fan so this makes two shows from the 90s that i can't get a decent copy of on DvD.

Offline zoom

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
I hate this.  The worst example of all I can think of is the WB!!!!?! animated DC shows.  Batman (the 90's good one), Batman Beyond, Justice League, JLU, Superman, etc.  I have about 7 4-disc sets (seriously) where the episode orders are chronologically necessary (i.e. episode one ties into episode 2) and they managed to get two or more episodes completely out of order.  That's not too bad if you know what goes after the other (or have basic common sense I guess lol), but my favorite episode of all time of the JLU, "Divided We Fall", has a huge annoying audio glitch.  It's the episode where Brainiac and Luthor combine and right in the middle of the action when the Justice League is fighting their duplicates, the Green Lantern's audio is not only out of sync, it loops twice.  The episode was made in like 2005-2006!  I've contacted WB!@*!? and they didn't even send me a message back.  I hate it when they can't even just COPY something right on the DVD (which I think Rhino is guilty of, not necessarily the masters like they say) let alone watch the episodes to see if there are any problems.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2008, 09:22:21 AM »
I've contacted WB!@*!? and they didn't even send me a message back.  I hate it when they can't even just COPY something right on the DVD (which I think Rhino is guilty of, not necessarily the masters like they say) let alone watch the episodes to see if there are any problems.

Warners owns Rhino now, you know.   See a pattern?   ;)

Doctor Who?

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2008, 09:26:04 AM »
They also screwed up the Superman boxset they did in 2006.

I had to send them my copies of Supermans 1&3 and wait six weeks to get working copies back.

The only way to get good discs out of Warners is to make sure it's a show they had nothing to do with like Doctor Who.

Offline zoom

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2008, 12:28:40 PM »
I've contacted WB!@*!? and they didn't even send me a message back.  I hate it when they can't even just COPY something right on the DVD (which I think Rhino is guilty of, not necessarily the masters like they say) let alone watch the episodes to see if there are any problems.

Warners owns Rhino now, you know.   See a pattern?   ;)

AHHHHH!!!!!   :gouge:  I never knew!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
Now? Rhino has been part of WEA for years and years...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
True.  But I meant that as in "now, as opposed to being a solo entity when they bought the rights - maybe the last time you looked into who this Rhino company was".

But as much as we bitch about Warners and Rhino, other companies aren't much better.

Read what Paramount is doing to the fans of The Invaders.  With a May 6th release coming up, NOW they start asking fans if anyone out there has an uncut version of the premier episode?!?!?!?

And as "Invaders" fans what do they expect us to do?  Buy this version and then in a couple of months or a year or whatever go out and buy it again to get the good version?  Do they think we're all Trekkies or something?    :grr:   :angry:

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »
Warner has had a hand in Rhino since 1992. Well before they had MST3K.  The original founders of Rhino are the ones who own/run/started Shout! Factory.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Doctor Who?

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »
Well Shout seems to have done a good job with Film Crew here's hoping they also do a good job with MST3K now.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2008, 03:55:40 PM »
True.  But I meant that as in "now, as opposed to being a solo entity when they bought the rights - maybe the last time you looked into who this Rhino company was".

But as much as we bitch about Warners and Rhino, other companies aren't much better.

Another example being the animated version of the Tick on dvd.  Each season is missing an episode (due to rights issues or something).  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see it on DVD, but come on...