Author Topic: The New Indiana Jones Movie...Over?  (Read 9001 times)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Re: The New Indiana Jones Movie...Over?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
Seems to me I was just reading in this morning's paper that Lucas was going to write the screenplay. I think it was in the "Parade" or something.

But who knows. There's a different rumor every day.

Darthvedder, might I suggest some Bernard Herrmann soundtracks? I like Williams too, but Herrmann was far and away the most memorable movie composer in my opinion.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 09:19:57 PM »
I may be misinterpreting things, but shouldn't Indy not age after having drunk from the Holy Grail? Yet
Indiana Jones lives a very long time thanks to the Grail, but ages like normal. He should look really old but be really healthy. :^)

Ah, okay. But can that explain that gay little earring he's been wearing lately?  ;D

Seems to me I was just reading in this morning's paper that Lucas was going to write the screenplay. I think it was in the "Parade" or something.

But who knows. There's a different rumor every day.

Darthvedder, might I suggest some Bernard Herrmann soundtracks? I like Williams too, but Herrmann was far and away the most memorable movie composer in my opinion.

I can't believe you just admitted to reading Parade.  :o

Which reminds me, why does the Sunday paper always cost three times or more than the rest of the week? "Because it's full of more stuff," they say. Well I say that stuff is all freaking advertisments! Why am I paying for ads? I'm being charged for the Target flyer? And the painfull unfunny comics? And then there's virtually nothing in the Monday paper, because apparently no news happens on Sunday. Everybody's too busy poring over the sales circulars.

Why am I even complaining about this? I stopped getting the newspaper years ago.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:22:10 PM by The Sharktopus »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 09:50:25 PM »
is it wrong that i judge a newspapers worth based on wether or not it has dilbert in the funnies section?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2006, 10:03:19 PM »
My local shitrag newspaper has Dilbert, but they put it the business section by the stocks.

They also ran Boondocks for a couple years until the dumbasses more conservative readers complained. Funny comic strips have no place in newspapers anyway.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 11:53:05 PM »
I wish our local rag got Pearls Before Swine. Just gotta wait for the collections to come out. :^)

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:02 AM »

"Stairs? Why did it have to be stairs?"

Ha ha, that's great... it needs to be on the 3rd discussion page as well.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 08:56:36 AM »
For those of you who remember the Knight's instructions to Indy before they drank from the grail -> You only have the blessings of eternal life if you do not cross the seal on the floor. They crossed the seal and tried to take the cup with them, which resulted in a big old earthquake, and the goofiest scene in the whole movie (When the blondie dives for the cup and knocks it into the cavern).

Anyway! After crossing the Knight's seal, the blessings of eternal life were dispelled.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »
For those of you who remember the Knight's instructions to Indy before they drank from the grail -> You only have the blessings of eternal life if you do not cross the seal on the floor. They crossed the seal and tried to take the cup with them, which resulted in a big old earthquake, and the goofiest scene in the whole movie (When the blondie dives for the cup and knocks it into the cavern).

Anyway! After crossing the Knight's seal, the blessings of eternal life were dispelled.

Gotta love Hollywood's version of eternal life!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 09:00:46 AM »

Every time I see that movie, I feel so sorry for the Knight.  He holds out his hand to Indy at the end, like he's waving goodbye, but you can tell inside he's thinking, "Oh, GOOD one, douche.  Way to destroy my home of one thousand years."  

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 09:04:13 AM »
HAH! Well, I good Catholic knight who spent three hundred years praying would probably love to go home to Heaven and not have to worry about watching the grail anymore!
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 09:09:14 AM »
There are still prospects that Natalie Portman

Bloody hell.  Hopefully Indy's eyeballs won't start to turn yellow, so she won't have to woodenly worry about how much stress he's under.

What, no Kate Capshaw?  But... but... she's the whole reason Temple of Doom was so awesome!

Offline darthvedder81

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2006, 10:55:08 AM »
It seems like Lucas doesn't actually want a fourth Indy movie...

Why doesn't the lazy bastard write it himself then?  ::)

to quote a certain goofy moment:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I would have preferred a patented Vader "arggggggh" there but at the same time is it any worse than Mark Hamill's "Nooooooo!" with accompanying goofy facial expression from ESB (which was not directed by George Lucas BTW)? I think not.

That, in my opinion, is one of the most embarassing moments in the saga simply because of how pivotal the scene is. Worse than Eopie farts even!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »
I thought Irvin Kershner did an excellent job of directing Empire.  And Mark Hamill is Olivier compared to Hayden Christensen. 

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »

Hey, you're right. Thank you J-Proof for making us all feel stupid.  ;)

IMDb lists a working title as Indiana Jones And The Ravages Of Time. That's hilarious. They should really go with that title. Also hilarious: If Calista Flockhart played Indy's daughter.  ;D But I kid.

Okay, so Last Crusade was made in 1989. So, if Indy 4 takes place about 17 years later, give or take, simply based on Ford's aging, and Last Crusade took place in 1943 or so, that would set the movie somewhere around 1960. So will the Nazis now be Commies? That just doesn't seem right, now that the Russians are our friends again. We can always hate Nazis.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:06:18 PM by The Sharktopus »

Offline darthvedder81

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 01:06:41 PM »
I thought Irvin Kershner did an excellent job of directing Empire.  And Mark Hamill is Olivier compared to Hayden Christensen. 

Kershner generally did a good job. That scene is still terrible though! Appreciating what Kershner did with ESB is fine but the man also made "Robocop 2" and directed the pilot of "SeaQuest" (not to mention an especially bad episode of "Amazing Stories") so let's not get carried away.

I think your praise of Mark Hamill is a bit extreme. I'd say he was on par with Hayden which makes sense as they are both whiney Skywalkers!  ;D