Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 87944 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #750 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jesse much.  He is what I am most interested in seeing in this last episode, and not just because we share the same name.  He has been shit on this whole season; just a shivering mess of a human being after all the horrible things that people keep doing to him.  I do not think Vince will let him die without some sort of satisfaction.  He may well die, but I do hope he has his moment. 

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #751 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jesse much.  He is what I am most interested in seeing in this last episode, and not just because we share the same name.  He has been shit on this whole season; just a shivering mess of a human being after all the horrible things that people keep doing to him.  I do not think Vince will let him die without some sort of satisfaction.  He may well die, but I do hope he has his moment.

If Todd goes down, Jesse will probably do it.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #752 on: September 24, 2013, 08:15:17 AM »
I would be surprised if Jesse's big moment actually involves killing someone, unless he kills Walt.

Jesse isn't as big of a deal to me in this show. I see him as a pawn and a tool (not tool in the derogatory sense, but something to be used). He might have a part in the ending, but really I see the heart of the matter in the conflict between Walt and Grey Matter. That was the original issue with him -- if it had just been disinterested students, or a bitchy wife, or a crummy boss, those are things you live with and okay whatever. The thing that always rankled Walt, from the very beginning, was what happened with Grey Matter and how others had gone on to great success based on his work without giving him credit. That's what the whole empire-building was all about, and empire-building was, in the end, the only reason Heisenberg came to be. The cancer was the catalyst, but the foundation of all of this has always been how Walter White got the shaft by his two former friends/business associates.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Sure that's all true. But I actually like Jesse. I'm interested in Walt, but I hate him.  I don't care if he lives or dies. Either outcome will be interesting, but my heart strings won't be pulled so much. I'm much more emotionally invested in Jesse.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Now that the show is ending, I honestly don't get that emotional about anyone dying.  I've sort of come to terms that none of these characters will exist after next week, so if they die on screen...whatevs.  Yes, I was upset that Hank died, but it didn't bother me as much as when Gayle died.  I don't have that issue with movies....must just be a TV series thing.

Offline JP

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
Sure that's all true. But I actually like Jesse. I'm interested in Walt, but I hate him.  I don't care if he lives or dies. Either outcome will be interesting, but my heart strings won't be pulled so much. I'm much more emotionally invested in Jesse.

I will be quite disappointed if Walt does not die (and I have no reason to believe he won't).  Walt's death is what drew me into this show in the first place - seeing a man, facing his own death, reach beyond what he has achieved in life before meeting his end.  Sure, the journey from then to now is the most interesting part, and I have shifted from wanting to see him die happy after accomplishing his goals to wanting to see him die in payment of his methods of reaching said goals, but anticipating how and why the lead character dies has been one of the most intriguing questions of the show for me.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
Jesse's story is the more tragic one, and I want to see it resolved somehow with a not terrible ending.  If Jesse blows up the meth lab and takes out Todd and a portion of Jack's gang along with himself, that's good enough.  People maybe aren't talking about it as much because the show itself didn't talk about it as much.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #757 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
5 days, 8 hours to go!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #758 on: September 24, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
I would be surprised if Jesse's big moment actually involves killing someone, unless he kills Walt.

Jesse isn't as big of a deal to me in this show. I see him as a pawn and a tool (not tool in the derogatory sense, but something to be used). He might have a part in the ending, but really I see the heart of the matter in the conflict between Walt and Grey Matter. That was the original issue with him -- if it had just been disinterested students, or a bitchy wife, or a crummy boss, those are things you live with and okay whatever. The thing that always rankled Walt, from the very beginning, was what happened with Grey Matter and how others had gone on to great success based on his work without giving him credit. That's what the whole empire-building was all about, and empire-building was, in the end, the only reason Heisenberg came to be. The cancer was the catalyst, but the foundation of all of this has always been how Walter White got the shaft by his two former friends/business associates.

Initially Jesse wasn't making it out of the first season but they have spent a lot of time telling us his story at the same time that they were telling Walts.  Even when the two weren't intersecting for long periods of time both in Breaking Bad world time and viewer time, with some gaps between interactions lasting several episodes.  Walt has always been the A-story and Jesse obviously the B-story but any other character in the show would be at a D-story.  Jesse spent a lot of time in a downward spiral, several times in fact, but you always knew what he was doing.  If he doesn't have a major plot point in the finale I'll be disappointed but I honestly can't see that happening.  Either he'll turn the tables and escape, possibly killing Walt himself or he'll get killed in a sadder way then we could imagine.  I'd be okay with the last word spoken in the entire series was a Jesse "Bitch."  Granted given what they've done to him this season, it won't likely be one of jubilation but I'll take what I can get.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #759 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
Fuck, I can't wait any longer.  I'm gonna use this one charge from my time machine.  I was just gonna grab a newspaper with the Powerball numbers and head back a week to strike it rich, but I think this is a better idea.

Online eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 336
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #760 on: September 24, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »
If Jesse blows up the meth lab and takes out Todd and a portion of Jack's gang along with himself, that's good enough. 

I kinda feel like they've foreshadowed Jesse using chemistry to kill the Nazis, both when they had that flashback from their first cook where Walt was trying to explain the process and when the Nazis were cavalier about wearing their masks.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #761 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:21 PM »
The Breaking Bad Coloring Book.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5881
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #762 on: September 24, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
If Jesse blows up the meth lab and takes out Todd and a portion of Jack's gang along with himself, that's good enough. 

I kinda feel like they've foreshadowed Jesse using chemistry to kill the Nazis, both when they had that flashback from their first cook where Walt was trying to explain the process and when the Nazis were cavalier about wearing their masks.

I'm pretty sure the nazis WEREN'T cavalier about that.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5881
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #763 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/66kIF-iO5oQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/66kIF-iO5oQ</a>

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #764 on: September 25, 2013, 05:13:51 AM »
4 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes!