Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 92237 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #645 on: September 16, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
I don't get the sentiment of rooting for anyone.  I just want to be shown an interesting story and letting the creators tell the story they want to tell.

Exactly right. I'm rooting for Walter because him winning would make for compelling television. And when you take a character as low as they took him last night, the only place they can go is up. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes to avenge hank, save Jesse and reclaim his family against all odds. How could that not be awesome?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #646 on: September 16, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
Yay!  Hi wurwolf!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #647 on: September 16, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
Exactly right. I'm rooting for Walter because him winning would make for compelling television. And when you take a character as low as they took him last night, the only place they can go is up. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes to avenge hank, save Jesse and reclaim his family against all odds. How could that not be awesome?

Could not disagree with this sentiment further.  Most television shows tend to end on a high note no matter how dark they're trying to be.  No main character is ever cut down in the end.  The one show tailor made to kill off the main character "24" couldn't even do it.  If this is truly turning Mr. Chips into Scarface, Scarface dies in the end.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #648 on: September 16, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Looks like I'm all alone on Team Walt over here. That's okay, though. If that's the worst thing that happens to me today, I can live with that.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #649 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
Do you guys think that maybe Jane is still alive?

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #650 on: September 16, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »

Oooh. I like how you think.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #651 on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »

she moved into a new york apartment with an adorable blonde.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #652 on: September 16, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Looks like I'm all alone on Team Walt over here. That's okay, though. If that's the worst thing that happens to me today, I can live with that.

I'm ok with Walt trying to redeem himself somehow, but actually letting him get a happy ending where all is forgiven on the part of his family and Jesse would feel ridiculous. 

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »

I'm ok with Walt trying to redeem himself somehow, but actually letting him get a happy ending where all is forgiven on the part of his family and Jesse would feel ridiculous.

There have been far more ridiculous series finales in television history, but I do see what you're saying. I can wish for it all I want, but I know I probably won't get the ending I want. In fact, I don't think anybody in the audience or any character on the show will come out getting everything they wanted when the series started. Vince Gilligan has even said that it will be divisive and controversial, but most of all, definitive. I'm almost half-hoping they shot a gag ending that will air after the show is over or on Talking Bad where the whole thing was just a dream of Hal's from Malcom in the Middle.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 443
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
Here's a question.  The real answer is "because they need a reason for Jesse to be kept alive."  And that's fine, whatever. 

But, really, if you just got 70 million dollars dropped in your lap why would you need to continue on with the highly illegal, high rate of getting busted and spending the rest of your life in prison act of cooking meth?  Especially since Uncle Hitler was just mocking the others for being greedy.  Dude, you got 70 million dollars!  You make, what, from each cook?  Half a million maybe?  There's so many ways to get busted cooking and transporting meth that I just don't see why its worth the risk at this point.

I'd be a little afraid of Lydia and her overseas buyers.  Not that they seem afraid of much, but they are just one part of the huge distribution line with some dangerous people on all fronts.

Todd just wants to impress Lydia so that he can get her in the sack. The Aryans obviously didn't care about making meth anymore, since they weren't trying to get Walt to cook and were willing to kill the only other person who could cook as well (Jesse). Todd is doing this to get Lydia.

Walt is a villain now.

The thing is, Walt has always been a villain. Heisenberg is his true self; he only played the part of a good guy.

Perhaps Heisenberg is all of our true selves, if history is any judge. Perhaps that is the point that Vince Gilligan is trying to make.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:20:38 PM by eegah »

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #655 on: September 16, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
Todd just wants to impress Lydia so that he can get her in the sack. The Aryans obviously didn't care about making meth anymore, since they weren't trying to get Walt to cook and were willing to kill the only other person who could cook as well (Jesse). Todd is doing this to get Lydia.

Wouldn't Todd just toss Lydia in a seperate holding cell.

Just thought of something else   Huell is gonna die of starvation in that hotel room.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:34:23 PM by Raven »

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #656 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
That was an exceptional piece of television. Honestly, the most tense I've ever been watching a show before. It was like an hour long panic attack.

Somebody on Reddit pointed out that Walt technically dug Hank's grave. I absolutely loved how they officially took everything away from Walt this episode. His money, his family, Jesse: it's all gone. Which leaves me wondering why he comes back.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #657 on: September 16, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »

Wouldn't Todd just toss Lydia in a seperate holding cell.

Just thought of something else   Huell is gonna die of starvation in that hotel room.

If they threw her in a cell, they'd have to beat her senseless like Jesse, then she wouldn't be nearly as attractive. Maybe there's something of a woman wanting you of her own free will that appeals to Todd, but I'm just spitballing here. And yeah, my brother and I were saying the same thing about Huell this morning.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #658 on: September 16, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
All I can think was......damn that was great

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #659 on: September 16, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »
Bet you anything Jesse blows up the meth lab during a cook.  Remember the flashback scene at the beginning of Sunday's episode where Walt warns Jesse not to smoke in the RV during their first cook?  The show loves to drop subtle foreshadowing like that, and meth labs are prone to explosions.