login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 87642 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2011, 09:01:11 AM »
How badass was that shootout at the processing plant, with Gus walking right into the hail of bullets?

That was REALLY badass.

I really hate it when Walt talks down to Jesse.  I'm bothered that he doesn't remember that Jesse killed Gale for him.

Totally, but that made Pinkman's beatdown of him that much more satisfying.

"Can you walk?"

I really hate it when Walt talks down to Jesse.  I'm bothered that he doesn't remember that Jesse killed Gale for him.
They were going to kill Jesse too. He killed Gale for both of them. Walt killed two people for Jesse last season. Sure they were guilty while Gale had really done nothing wrong but he still basically saved Jesse's life.
Jesse's life never would have been in danger and they wouldn't have had to kill Gale if Walt had just made the ricin when Jesse asked.

So are you guys thinking what I'm thinking in regards to Skylar's subplot?  That she's going to front Ted the money he owes the IRS, then he repays her, thus laundering about 800 grand through Beneke's company?  How is she going to explain that money?  Maybe cook the books so it looks like the money came from within the company?  But then the money never comes back to her.

Yes, and I sense when Walt learns of it, it will be the end of Ted, literally.

Gus in real life would scare the crap out of me.

I just KNOW that Gus is not going to give in to the cartels.....

I hope Walt counters by going to the cartels w/ his formula and cannot picture any other scenario where that doesn't play out.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 09:06:02 AM »

I hope Walt counters by going to the cartels w/ his formula and cannot picture any other scenario where that doesn't play out.

That WOULD make sense and I can see how the Walt/Jesse/Cartel storyline would play out next year....... but that only means we are wrong.

And yeah, Ted is dead man walking.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2011, 09:14:13 AM »
I want to say that Walt would never be so brazen as to murder someone not involved with the drug trade, who he has clear and documented motive for murdering (Skylar's affair with Ted and Walt's outburst at Ted's office are well known), but after killing Gail, he crossed the moral event horizon.  I can see Walt slipping Ted some ricin just for revenge.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »
I dont see Walt doing the killing, but someone like Mike or the Cartels to protect their interest (Walt not going to jail).

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2011, 09:21:45 AM »
I dont see Walt doing the killing, but someone like Mike or the Cartels to protect their interest (Walt not going to jail).
I don't see any reason for the cartels or Mike to get involved in Walt's petty personal dispute.  Why would they care if the CEO of some failing business used Walt's money to pay the IRS?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »
I don't see any reason for the cartels or Mike to get involved in Walt's petty personal dispute.  Why would they care if the CEO of some failing business used Walt's money to pay the IRS?

I am guessing because they may snoop into HOW an unemployed teacher had all that money.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
I can see Walt slipping Ted some ricin just for revenge.

You know, someone really needs to die from the ricin at some point in the series. Man, we're going on three seasons!

:)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »

You know, someone really needs to die from the ricin at some point in the series. Man, we're going on three seasons!

Chekov's poison.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »

Chekov's poison.

Wonder if they are saving that for the series final or it is just a tease by now.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »

Chekov's poison.

Wait, the gun Sterling gives Cyril? In that case, that isn't good news for Wendy! Archer's back tonight, yes!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
That was bad ass!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2011, 05:49:07 AM »

Well played, Mr. Gilligan. Well played.  :D

So who thought the cartel would be erased by this point in the series? Unreal, and the coolest thing I'll see in any medium this year. That was incredible watching that final act to "Salud" unfold.

And not only did Walt Jr. choose breakfast over lunch but also, driving. Fuck, does he like breakfast!

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:25 AM »
A PT Cruiser?  Man!  What is Skyler's problem?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
I kinda fell asleep in the middle, so I only saw the beginning and end, and I'm not sure what was real and what was a dream.  Did Skylar actually tell Ted that she provided the money?

Actually I have it recorded on DVR, and if my roommate ever leaves the house for an hour, I can watch it.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
Curious to see how Jesse handles (by himself!) getting Mike and Gus out of Mexico safely.   I have a strange feeling he will be calling Mr. White.