login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 92047 times)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #435 on: November 18, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQTrdYEaoIU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vQTrdYEaoIU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Gatorade me, bitch!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #436 on: November 18, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »
We haven't started season 5 yet as I am still reeling from the season 4 finale. Seriously scary was Hector Salamante's eyes as he began pressing the button for his bell/bomb. I swear to god he reminded me of Judge Doom:

Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
We haven't started season 5 yet as I am still reeling from the season 4 finale. Seriously scary was Hector Salamante's eyes as he began pressing the button for his bell/bomb. I swear to god he reminded me of Judge Doom:

Well, season 5 isn't up on Netflix yet.  Probably won't be until mid Summer 2013.  You can get it on Amazon instant view if you feel like parting with 14 bucks.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
Thanks for the tip, but APGIL has it all tivoed so we'll just watch it there.  :)
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2012, 03:24:58 AM »
I love those minimalist Breaking Bad cartoons. Cracks me up every time.

We are mostly through season five now -- two more episodes to go. I will miss it. It sounds crazy to say but I am digging Walt a whole lot this season. He is so hardcore and badass. The scene between him and Skyler where they argue about the kids being sent away was fucking amazing. Bryan Cranston and Anna Gunn acted the shit out of that scene.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKePrVPGK3g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YKePrVPGK3g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline The Snape

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
I just dont see the appeal of this show.

Can someone try to slate a well thought out pitch to me? Would consider a watch then

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »

Can someone try to slate a well thought out pitch to me? Would consider a watch then

Haha, this post has thrown me through a bit of a loop.  Maybe it's just late, but I can't help finding it funny and weird and lazy and a whole bunch of things.

I'm sure you're a great person The Snape, I really am, and I don't mean any harm by what I say next.  But I just find it amusing that you expect someone to spend their time detailing why you should watch the highest rated show on television, when there are millions of glowing reviews for the show online.  But no, The Snape requires his own invitation, preferably engraved, if he is going to commit to the forty eights minutes of not moving any muscles it takes to watch an episode, which he is free to suspend at any moment if he is not adequately entertained. 

It's like someone demanding a review of The Beatles before they agree to give them a listen.  Sure, you might not like them, but probability says you will, and the effort needed to find out is negligible.  But on top of that, someone's explanation of The Beatles isn't going to predict whether you like them or not because execution plays a large role in the final product.

Now I've spent enough time on this post to write you five well thought out pitches, but instead I've decided to be a dick and laugh at your request, and I apologize for that.  Though I will say this; the show is executed very well.  That's it's best feature, and the biggest reason to watch it, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:04:45 PM by Variety of Cells »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #444 on: April 29, 2013, 04:34:55 AM »
So I dunno if you guys were aware of this, but Dean Norris, the guy who plays Hank, is going to be starring in a new CBS drama this summer called Under the Dome.  It's based on Stephen King's recent novel of the same name.  In this, Dean plays the villain, Big Jim Rennie.  There's a meth lab in this show too, except Jim Rennie is one of the guys who runs it.

Dean Norris is a great choice for a guy like Big Jim Rennie, and I look forward to seeing his performance there.

Offline MUD CRICKET

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2013, 11:31:07 PM »

Its a drama series so you have to watch it from episode one.  you might be hooked.  it just gets better and better.

"Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[65] the second season scored 85/100,[66] the third season scored 89/100[67] the fourth season scored 96/100,[68] and the fifth season so far has been rated at 99/100 as of October 2012.[69] The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011"

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7352
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #446 on: May 03, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSUK4WgQ3vk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fSUK4WgQ3vk</a>
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:50 AM »
So I guess about 2 more months until the start of the final season?  I really hope this ends with Walter getting his comeuppance.  I think I said this before, but if he doesn't end up dead or in jail, I will be very upset.

Offline MUD CRICKET

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
So I guess about 2 more months until the start of the final season?  I really hope this ends with Walter getting his comeuppance.  I think I said this before, but if he doesn't end up dead or in jail, I will be very upset.

Same.  He's gotta go down like Scarface.  If they slap a happy ending on it I'll squeak about it in chatrooms.

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #449 on: May 16, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
I hope he goes down like Vic Macky on The Shield, and loses everything but the thing he worked hard to avoid.  Death or prison is too easy.
\()/ 3~ \()/