login

Author Topic: Phase IV  (Read 2400 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 122
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
Re: Phase IV
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 12:57:02 AM »
Yeah acid endings do not appeal  to people who are sober

It is more than just an acid ending though...it really took the ideas build through the film to a conclusion which was far less ambiguous: in fact, I ( as a true Space Admiral  when it comes to acid) could even argue that the fake ending was just a collection of trippy images whereas the intentional true ending, while not lacking in these, spliced them between images that showed what the ants were really up to and what lay ahead for humanity.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 135
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think the "intended" ending was any better than the "realeased" ending- both just seemed like endings for the sake of ending to me.

Offline BoB3K

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think the "intended" ending was any better than the "realeased" ending- both just seemed like endings for the sake of ending to me.
Agreed.  But thank you MerryWanna for pointing out the lost ending, it was a (tee hee) trip (tee hee) to watch.  I've always like Phase IV as I like much of the KTMA line up.