Author Topic: Get out and vote...  (Read 6534 times)

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
Get out and vote...
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:32 AM »
Don't forget to take a few minutes today (unless you're from Ohio, then you're boned) to get out and vote!

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
Re: Get out and vote...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »
Blah... i miss communism, those were the good old days...
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:45:09 AM »
Yes, everybody should get out and vote today!

Being in Florida, I actually had the opportunity to vote against the devil herself, Katherine Harris.

IronPigeon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:46:11 AM »
I already did!  For Jingle all the Way!  Or were you talking about something else?  Heh heh.

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 10:52:48 AM »

Being in Florida, I actually had the opportunity to vote against the devil herself, Katherine Harris.

I envy you.  I only get to vote against evil on the level of Team Rocket.
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:17:07 AM »
Tarantulas and I are front row on the Micheal J Fox stem cell deal here in Missouri. We have it good this year!
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:24:49 AM »

I am about to help slay the beast also! Monty I didn't know you were in Florida! I am in South Florida. I think it's gonna be great when Katherine Harris looses by 20 points and snaps out of her self denial into a psychotic rage after realizing that she sold her house and all of her assests in this insane attempt to gain power. It shall be a good day today! hahaha  ;)

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
Tarantulas and I are front row on the Micheal J Fox stem cell deal here in Missouri. We have it good this year!

And me.  I'm from the same city as Tarantulas.  And strangely, Tarantulas and I have never been seen at the same place at the same time.  But I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  OR IS IT?!!!  MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »
In Wisconsin, we're having a vote on banning gay marriage and not recognizing civil unions.  Hopefully we get enough people to vote No on this incredibly hateful legislation:

"A question on the ballot would add two sentences to the Wisconsin Constitution. One would define marriage as a union of one man and one woman. The other would say the state does not recognize similar relationships among unmarried individuals, such as civil unions."

It would make me sad to live in a place where the majority of the people think that this makes a lick of sense.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »

And me.  I'm from the same city as Tarantulas.  And strangely, Tarantulas and I have never been seen at the same place at the same time.  But I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  OR IS IT?!!!  MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

I am in Cape as well. Is this the most concentrated cell of Rifftraxers? I had better be careful about using the word cell. Might have us locked in Gitmo.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
I don't know.  You'd figure there would be more in St. Louis or somewhere like that. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 12:34:06 PM »
In Wisconsin, we're having a vote on banning gay marriage and not recognizing civil unions.  Hopefully we get enough people to vote No on this incredibly hateful legislation:

"A question on the ballot would add two sentences to the Wisconsin Constitution. One would define marriage as a union of one man and one woman. The other would say the state does not recognize similar relationships among unmarried individuals, such as civil unions."

It would make me sad to live in a place where the majority of the people think that this makes a lick of sense.

I got to vote for a public transportation supporting car tax... I don't feel nearly as important.  Why can't my state propose stupid laws so I can vote against them? 

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »

I got to vote for a public transportation supporting car tax... I don't feel nearly as important.  Why can't my state propose stupid laws so I can vote against them? 

A few years ago, Florida had a constitutional amendment on the ballot to ban pregnant pigs from being kept in cages.  I think it passed.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 02:23:42 PM »

A few years ago, Florida had a constitutional amendment on the ballot to ban pregnant pigs from being kept in cages.  I think it passed.

We have a prop like that in AZ to vote on today too.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »
As an 18 year-old first-time voter, you can bet I'll be voting.  I'm even going with a protest vote:

BRUCE "FUCKING" CAMPBELL FOR U.S. SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington has been overtaken by hardline zombies.  Which means there's only one man for the job, and his name is Bruce F. Campbell (you know what the F stands for).  He'll think of creative solutions to America's problems.  Just look at what he's done in the past.  As Elvis, he replaced himself with an impersonator to get the press off his back.  He has even replaced his own severed hand with a chainsaw to battle zombies with.  America's enemies are no match for boomsticks, one-liners, and macho posturing.

So today, don't vote for the guy who sucks less.  Vote for the guy who KICKS ASS.  Vote for Bruce Campbell.

Hail to the king, baby.

(I'm not joking.  I'm from Minnesota, and the candidates we have here are a total joke.  I'd vote for the Independence Party candidate, but I think this will be funnier and more dramatic.  The rest of my votes are all serious.  But if the candidates don't take my concerns seriously, I refuse to take them seriously.  I could rant for hours about how both parties are raping the future, but I won't for the sake of keeping this board vitriol-free.  Thank you, and get out and vote, or I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!)
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.