login

Author Topic: Has this happened to anyone else?  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Has this happened to anyone else?
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 09:01:02 PM »
YOU BROKE THE CHAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sniff

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 09:07:27 PM »
They included it in the collector's edition tin release of the first season of Voltron. Thought that was pretty cool of them.

Still yet to pick that up...

Don't bother. Turns out, it's full of episodes of Voltron. Yikes!

I never would have guessed...

I know how that goes.  I picked up the DVD of Looney Tunes: Back In Action fully expecting it to contain the hypnotic David Lynch film Mulholland Drive.  Was I ever sorely disappointed.

Perhaps I should have said "Don't bother. Turns out it contains some of the most tedious, logic-free animation the '80s had to offer."

How many times do you think we can quote each other in one thread before we cause the server to implode in on itself or something?
Dunno, but the pattern is kinda pretty. Let's quote more,  but try to maintain a thread of conversation so the Mods don't put the kibash on it. :^) Also, I liked Loony Tunes: Back in Action. The key is to watch with no expectations. :^)

No expectations, with your eyes closed, cotton balls in your ears, and preferably full of painkillers.

Space Jam was definitely better, in that Space Jam actually succeeded in making me laugh consistantly.  (And most of the time it was when I was supposed to laugh.)

Space Jam makes me laugh just thinking about it. The Looney Tunes characters abduct Michael Jordan to help win a basketball game against aliens. What's not to love?

Loved Space Jam. Roger Rabbit is the king of Animation/Live Action combos though. :^)

I'd kick Roger Rabbit in the nards if I had the chance.

How does a insane and stupidly retarded rabbit get it on with a busty piece of (cartoon albeit) ass like Jessica?
Space Jam was good for Bill Murray
Yay!  I like concentric boxes!  We tried counting on another board I post on and we got to about 25 pretty concentric boxes.  Yay, boxes!
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »
They included it in the collector's edition tin release of the first season of Voltron. Thought that was pretty cool of them.

I know how that goes.  I picked up the DVD of Looney Tunes: Back In Action fully expecting it to contain the hypnotic David Lynch film Mulholland Drive.  Was I ever sorely disappointed.

Perhaps I should have said "Don't bother. Turns out it contains some of the most tedious, logic-free animation the '80s had to offer."

How many times do you think we can quote each other in one thread before we cause the server to implode in on itself or something?
Dunno, but the pattern is kinda pretty. Let's quote more,  but try to maintain a thread of conversation so the Mods don't put the kibash on it. :^) Also, I liked Loony Tunes: Back in Action. The key is to watch with no expectations. :^)

No expectations, with your eyes closed, cotton balls in your ears, and preferably full of painkillers.

Space Jam was definitely better, in that Space Jam actually succeeded in making me laugh consistantly.  (And most of the time it was when I was supposed to laugh.)

Space Jam makes me laugh just thinking about it. The Looney Tunes characters abduct Michael Jordan to help win a basketball game against aliens. What's not to love?

Loved Space Jam. Roger Rabbit is the king of Animation/Live Action combos though. :^)

How does a insane and stupidly retarded rabbit get it on with a busty piece of (cartoon albeit) ass like Jessica?
Yay!  I like concentric boxes!  We tried counting on another board I post on and we got to about 25 pretty concentric boxes.  Yay, boxes!

Dude, Roger Rabbit can get all the tail he can handle any time he wants.  He's that much of a bad@ss.  He and Kermit the Frog go out lady-ing every night.  That's why Kermit never hooked up with Piggy.  He's had every lady in Southern California, and after that, he has nothing left for Piggy. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 04:35:57 AM »

Dude, Roger Rabbit can get all the tail he can handle any time he wants.  He's that much of a bad@ss.  He and Kermit the Frog go out lady-ing every night.  That's why Kermit never hooked up with Piggy.  He's had every lady in Southern California, and after that, he has nothing left for Piggy. 

Kermit?! But he seems the romantic type, whisking women away for a weekend in Paris or sending them roses to there workplace... he can't be a playa
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 11:22:53 AM »

Kermit?! But he seems the romantic type, whisking women away for a weekend in Paris or sending them roses to there workplace... he can't be a playa

It's an act, dude.  It's a persona.  He's said if he acted like himself in all those movies and TV shows, it would "freak out all the squares".  The only thing that was close to the real Kermit in the Muppet Show was the segments where he would tamely "flirt" with the female guest stars. 

Animal, on the other hand, is a real romantic.  He's been called the James Bond of Drummers.  He's lived together happily for over 30 years with his wife Miss Mousey. 

And Fozzie's a thrice-devorced coke fiend.  (Though he's reportedly doing well in rehab, according to his fiancee, Prairie Dawn.)
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 11:29:59 AM »

It's an act, dude.  It's a persona.  He's said if he acted like himself in all those movies and TV shows, it would "freak out all the squares".  The only thing that was close to the real Kermit in the Muppet Show was the segments where he would tamely "flirt" with the female guest stars. 

Animal, on the other hand, is a real romantic.  He's been called the James Bond of Drummers.  He's lived together happily for over 30 years with his wife Miss Mousey. 

And Fozzie's a thrice-devorced coke fiend.  (Though he's reportedly doing well in rehab, according to his fiancee, Prairie Dawn.)

I kinda had my suspicions about Animal, he plays the wildman type but when you look into those eyes...
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 07:25:43 AM »

I kinda had my suspicions about Animal, he plays the wildman type but when you look into those eyes...

It's always the drummers. Tis why women love drummers!
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »

What are you guys, Mayans?  I wanna put in a brick!

The actual story behind The Muppet Show is far more disturbing than you might think.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »

The actual story behind The Muppet Show is far more disturbing than you might think.
What about the 'Behind the music' for the Rainbow Connection on RObot Chicken? One of the funniest bits they've ever done. That and the phone call from Vader to the Emporer.
"What the hell is an Aluminuim Falcon?"
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »

What about the 'Behind the music' for the Rainbow Connection on RObot Chicken? One of the funniest bits they've ever done. That and the phone call from Vader to the Emporer.
If you want to know my opinion on the matter, here it is:  I like concentric boxes.  And will do anything to extend this great chain of concentric boxes.

Also, A GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD!!!  Hehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Couldn't really think of any other way to stick one in there).

Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 04:27:14 PM »

If you want to know my opinion on the matter, here it is:  I like concentric boxes.  And will do anything to extend this great chain of concentric boxes.

Also, A GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD!!!  Hehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Couldn't really think of any other way to stick one in there).

the irony is that that I just read a 4 page thread in one post...
"What began as the desperate measure of a band of struggling puppets became an international phenomenon." Lol although I've never actually seen the muppet show:(

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:39 AM »

the irony is that that I just read a 4 page thread in one post...
"What began as the desperate measure of a band of struggling puppets became an international phenomenon." Lol although I've never actually seen the muppet show:(

The VH1 Behind The Music: Electric Mayhem sketch on Robot Chicken was both hysterical and made me sad. Those characters are like old friends to me.

Howard Stern: "So, Janice, what it was it like with Tommy Lee?"
Janice: "He gave me hepatitis C. I only have three months to live."
Howard: You gonna show me those tits?"
Janice: "Fuck you, Howard, I'm dying!"

Hilariously harsh.  :'( And just for the hell of it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfybn-Y1QY4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfybn-Y1QY4</a>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:26:29 AM by Sharktopus »