login

Author Topic: The Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 1111517 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8260
  • Hormel Batch Master
Re: The Funny Pictures Thread
« Reply #7875 on: August 04, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
« Reply #7876 on: August 04, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
« Reply #7877 on: August 04, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #7878 on: August 04, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »

Highlighting it runs the joke.  Should be one of those "when you find it..." things.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7879 on: August 04, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »
Meh. That's how I found it.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #7880 on: August 04, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

Highlighting it runs the joke.  Should be one of those "when you find it..." things.

But then you'd miss out on those mad Paint skills!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7881 on: August 05, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #7882 on: August 05, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
Just had to do one of those for a rewards program. I swear they make those things harder than they need to be just to screw with you.

Coragale

« Reply #7883 on: August 05, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
If you figure out which word is the actual Captcha, you can enter whatever you want for the other one. It's because one of them is scanned for input into books.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4050
« Reply #7884 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40:01 AM »
If you figure out which word is the actual Captcha, you can enter whatever you want for the other one. It's because one of them is scanned for input into books.

I was going to mention that one word may be something that is needed for automatic scanning of rare/out-of-print books.  It was designed as not only a 'proof of a real human' entering information, but an ingenious way to get assistance with proofreading scans of difficult-to-scan texts.

To me that is a reason to be more careful with what is entered for the 'non-Captcha' word, not less.  Unless one feels that our literary history is not worth saving.  [I am not suggesting you feel that way, I am merely presenting an idea many may not have considered with those.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Coragale

« Reply #7885 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »

I was going to mention that one word may be something that is needed for automatic scanning of rare/out-of-print books.  It was designed as not only a 'proof of a real human' entering information, but an ingenious way to get assistance with proofreading scans of difficult-to-scan texts.

To me that is a reason to be more careful with what is entered for the 'non-Captcha' word, not less.  Unless one feels that our literary history is not worth saving.  [I am not suggesting you feel that way, I am merely presenting an idea many may not have considered with those.]

See, I'm immature, so I put naughty words in there.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #7886 on: August 05, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

So is the word you can actually read the captcha and the gobbledygook the "let's see if someone else can figure this out" one?

Coragale

« Reply #7887 on: August 05, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »

So is the word you can actually read the captcha and the gobbledygook the "let's see if someone else can figure this out" one?

Generally. The word you need to enter correctly won't have any punctuation, and be mostly the same size and style. Once you get good at it, you can tell easy. The reCaptcha words are always the the same font, unless they change it.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 454
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #7888 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »

--EDIT --
Knock it off.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:01:40 AM by MrTorso »

MontyServo